• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we begining to wobble?

Apart from the odd individual mistake, these are all coaching issues imo. That is what is so disappointing - we never really look like breaking down some teams and have been saved by Bales heroics on too many occasions to make me feel comfortable.

I think that if you took the best players out of the other teams that are challenging for a top four place, you would find exactly the same thing. The difference between the good teams in the Premier League and the great teams in the Premier League, is great players.

He isn't getting played (hardly). How can you make that claim?

I don't just mean he looks like he's lacking sharpness, I think he's looked unfit and off the pace in his sub appearances, when a sub who's not getting many minutes should be looking bright and energetic at least like Carroll (ie. you can misplace passes, but run about a bit!). He looked quite a bit slower against Inter than he did in his debut, which makes me think he's carrying a niggle or a mental burden like Siggy prior to his goal at West Ham.

He will come good because the talent's there, but I don't think we can rely on him this season. At the very least he has to go in a three man mid, rather than sticking him out wide.

It's not the fact people are pessimistic, pessimism i can live with.

It's those who are pessimistic enough to declare that we are brick, despite what we have done this season that irritate me.

Our strikers are in poor form that is true, chat about that all you want. What annoys me is people who says 'Ours are brick! Sign new strikers! Lols!', because that's not an option. We have the players we currently have. We need to work out how to get the best out of them rather then just throw in the towel and wait until the summer to sign new ones.

People realise we can't sign any strikers at the moment. But it boils out of frustration when people say "sign a striker, ours are brick." I think a lot of people just can't see either Defoe or Adebayor magically finding form again. If just one of them pick up in the last 8 games, it could, in fact, I think it will be the key to us finishing in the top 4.

I don't think people are saying were brick, and they don't ignore what we've achieved thus far, they just look at the club as a whole and see mental fragility. As I mentioned before, 6 FA cup semi final defeats in 20 years, numerous capitulations of league positions, some embarrassing losses, it's easy to make the case that we are bottlers to be honest.

I can see it going to the last game like it did last season, I could even see us going into the last game ahead of Arsenal, but can I see us finishing the jobs with Arsenal breathing down our necks? I'm not confident, sorry. Until we actually do it, I won't be confident.

I think that if you took the best players out of the other teams that are challenging for a top four place, you would find exactly the same thing. The difference between the good teams in the Premier League and the great teams in the Premier League, is great players.

I agree with that but i do feel our squad players are not quite up to the standard of other top teams. Also alarmed at how small our squad is and why we loaned out so many midfielders.

People realise we can't sign any strikers at the moment. But it boils out of frustration when people say "sign a striker, ours are brick." I think a lot of people just can't see either Defoe or Adebayor magically finding form again. If just one of them pick up in the last 8 games, it could, in fact, I think it will be the key to us finishing in the top 4.

I don't think people are saying were brick, and they don't ignore what we've achieved thus far, they just look at the club as a whole and see mental fragility. As I mentioned before, 6 FA cup semi final defeats in 20 years, numerous capitulations of league positions, some embarrassing losses, it's easy to make the case that we are bottlers to be honest.

I can see it going to the last game like it did last season, I could even see us going into the last game ahead of Arsenal, but can I see us finishing the jobs with Arsenal breathing down our necks? I'm not confident, sorry. Until we actually do it, I won't be confident.

And how many of the players at the club at the moment have been here for 20 years?

How many teams have not had embarrassing losses? How many have never capitulated their league position?

These are things every team goes through. I see more in the current season to indicate our finishing position than i do in past.

I am actually not too concerned. I am confident that we can continue to challenge for top four and the Europa league.

If we lose against Swansea i'll still be quietly confident, Everton and then i'll probably be done. :p

Last edited:
And how many of the players at the club at the moment have been here for 20 years?

How many teams have not had embarrassing losses? How many have never capitulated their league position?

These are things every team goes through. I see more in the current season to indicate our finishing position than i do in past.

I am actually not too concerned. I am confident that we can continue to challenge for top four and the Europa league.

If we lose against Swansea i'll still be quietly confident, Everton and then i'll probably be done. :p

You don't think the club's failures in recent years plays on the players minds? I think it does personally. I would bet most, if not all of our players know the recent history of our club.

You don't think the club's failures in recent years plays on the players minds? I think it does personally. I would bet most, if not all of our players know the recent history of our club.

Twenty years is not recent history. Not for people aged between 18-32.

It could be recent history for you, but that would be the mentality of the fans, there i would agree that the clubs failures over the last 20 years would have more of an affect.

So enlighten me how do you arrive at that conclusion.

:ross: To readdress the balance of starting such a thread. You need to be chucked down a volcano wearing a mankini and a blonde Klinsman wig, and we need to jump on one foot for 22 seconds.. chanting olobolo.. olobolo.

:ross: To readdress the balance of starting such a thread. You need to be chucked down a volcano wearing a mankini and a blonde Klinsman wig, and we need to jump on one foot for 22 seconds.. chanting olobolo.. olobolo.

This is worrying, that's what I thought you would say, olobolo, olobolo, olobolo.

:ross:
A much-needed blast of humour!

In a nutshell.

I dont think so tbh. Lots of average players have done very well in some great teams. Its mindset and motivation makes the difference.

of course we are on a slight wobble...all teams wobble..some are perpetual wobblers like QPR...just depends how quick the manager gets us to stop wobbling.

of course we are on a slight wobble...all teams wobble..some are perpetual wobblers like QPR...just depends how quick the manager gets us to stop wobbling.

Perhaps that's why we should be worried, given our manager is facing the premier league run in for the first time.

I dont think so tbh. Lots of average players have done very well in some great teams. Its mindset and motivation makes the difference.

I meant that having one, two or more great players is the difference between the top teams and the chasing pack.

I would question the mindset and motivation at some stage this season, of pretty much all of the teams competing for a Champions League place apart from Man Utd.

Perhaps that's why we should be worried, given our manager is facing the premier league run in for the first time.

Not sure worried would be the option. We have no idea if he will pull it out of the hat or not.

I would be more concerned with someone who had a history of throwing it away during the run in.

Back