• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone remember that Bale chap?

As long as he does not join Arsenal, I would not really care who he plays for and would not hold it against him if he moved to any other side.

Because I have always hated ManU more than any other team. Afterall, ManU are the team who have fecked us the most on and off the field during the PL era. Remember the Mendes' goal, the 3-5 defeats and how about them stealing our key players like Sheringham, Carrick and Berbatov ? All were huge setbacks for us. Will never forgive Bale if he joins them.

I get that, but take United out of the equation for the last 30 years and you have a world dominated by Liverpool, Leeds and arsenal, I'd have killed myself

so much the lesser of the evils they are actually a force of good

Because I have always hated ManU more than any other team. Afterall, ManU are the team who have fecked us the most on and off the field during the PL era. Remember the Mendes' goal, the 3-5 defeats and how about them stealing our key players like Sheringham, Carrick and Berbatov ? All were huge setbacks for us. Will never forgive Bale if he joins them.

You hate Man Utd more then Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool ? Wow. When you say they fecked us the most do you mean when the "linesman" disallowed the Mendes goal, of when "we" collapsed and rolled over in the 5-3 game or when "we" accepted bids for players who wanted to leave our club. They did'nt steal our players any more then we have stole every player we have ever signed from another club. All of which it totally irrelivent to Bale anyway. He played for us for a couple of years and has moved on..............like 99% of other players at our and every other club. Why hold a grudge ? He's not doing a Sol.

I fully understand its frustrating and saddening to come to terms with the fact Bale will probably be back in England next year, but sadder then that, is that he would'nt touch us with a barge pole. That is hard to accept as it shows how quick we have fallen in such a short time. But accept it we must.

I can see the argument for it, but that shiny new stadium will hopefully pay for many more new Bale's, more so than we can afford now.
It would be nice to think so but the chances are small. Look at that lot down the road (in order to be sensible we really need to ignore the Chavs and both Manc teams) - how many top, world class, players has their stadium brought them? They've never had a player as good as Bale and probably never will.

Bale is one of a very small handful of players that could be referred to as some of the best in the world. Not Messi/Ronaldo good but at the top of the next group. I've supported Spurs for a long time now, and in that time there's only ever been two other players of that level play for us - Hoddle and Gascoigne. These kinds of players come along once (or if you're lucky, twice) in a generation - I would take that over a new stadium.

It would be nice to think so but the chances are small. Look at that lot down the road (in order to be sensible we really need to ignore the Chavs and both Manc teams) - how many top, world class, players has their stadium brought them? They've never had a player as good as Bale and probably never will.

Bale is one of a very small handful of players that could be referred to as some of the best in the world. Not Messi/Ronaldo good but at the top of the next group. I've supported Spurs for a long time now, and in that time there's only ever been two other players of that level play for us - Hoddle and Gascoigne. These kinds of players come along once (or if you're lucky, twice) in a generation - I would take that over a new stadium.

Disagree (if you're saying he's better than the other players in that group).

Disagree (if you're saying he's better than the other players in that group).
I think that when you try and compare players from different positions/leagues/teams then you can only really come up with a subjective "best".

For me he's at the top of that chasing group (or at least was until recently) of players that are the best in the world but not quite Messi/Ronaldo. He's certainly a good step up from the likes of Suarez/Neymar and every bit as good as the likes of Ibra/Robben in my eyes.

I think that when you try and compare players from different positions/leagues/teams then you can only really come up with a subjective "best".

For me he's at the top of that chasing group (or at least was until recently) of players that are the best in the world but not quite Messi/Ronaldo. He's certainly a good step up from the likes of Suarez/Neymar and every bit as good as the likes of Ibra/Robben in my eyes.

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I definitely disagree.

I agree that comparing players from different leagues and positions, even teams, is difficult. Bale just hasn't separated himself from that group at all for me though. He has an age advantage on many of them and might push on over the next couple of seasons though.

I think you are selling Neymar and Suarez short. Neymar carried a distinctively average Brazil side to the world cup semi finals, they had no business reaching the last 8 given how poor they are now. He's overrated for sure but that comes with being Brazilian, but I would say he's at least in the discussion with Bale, perhaps not Robben though.

Suarez's last season for Liverpool was at a level that Bale did not reach for Spurs IMO. Bale has age on his side so he could put Suarez in the rear-view mirror, but I believe people let the fact that Suarez is an A hole cloud their judgement of how good he really is. Uruguay would be a crap side without him and Cavani. Bale is more reliable and professional so I might take him for that reason, but talent wise, Suarez is the superior player (at the moment just for clarity) in my view even if Bale is more of a complete physical athlete.

Never quite got the hype for Ibra I must say. He has scored some unbelievable goals and his record of winning leagues is remarkable, but he always comes up just short in big games whenever I have seen him. Given how talented he is, he should make more of an impact in the latter stages of the CL. Bale has, Messi and Ronaldo have, Robben has, Suarez has done it for Uruguay.

I think you are selling Neymar and Suarez short. Neymar carried a distinctively average Brazil side to the world cup semi finals, they had no business reaching the last 8 given how poor they are now. He's overrated for sure but that comes with being Brazilian, but I would say he's at least in the discussion with Bale, perhaps not Robben though.

Suarez's last season for Liverpool was at a level that Bale did not reach for Spurs IMO. Bale has age on his side so he could put Suarez in the rear-view mirror, but I believe people let the fact that Suarez is an A hole cloud their judgement of how good he really is. Uruguay would be a crap side without him and Cavani. Bale is more reliable and professional so I might take him for that reason, but talent wise, Suarez is the superior player (at the moment just for clarity) in my view even if Bale is more of a complete physical athlete.

Never quite got the hype for Ibra I must say. He has scored some unbelievable goals and his record of winning leagues is remarkable, but he always comes up just short in big games whenever I have seen him. Given how talented he is, he should make more of an impact in the latter stages of the CL. Bale has, Messi and Ronaldo have, Robben has, Suarez has done it for Uruguay.

Well summed up. Iniesta is also up there for me at least, arguably the one who was apart from that group, but this season hasn't been his best from what I understand so perhaps not right now.

Aguero and Hazard for me are also up there with Bale. Though Aguero struggles with injuries.

Bale is class. But other than his pace and outrageous shooting ability I just feel like he's missing something. I'd love him back here though.

This car kicking incident after the Classico on Sunday will see Real Madrid fans will chase him out this summer. Man utd beckons unfortunately.

Such a fickle bunch those Fascistas, wasn't long ago that they loved Bale and thought Modric was their worst signing...

I don't know how Madrid and Chelsea attract the detestable scum of the earth to their respective clubs with such ease, but they do.

They don't deserve Gaz. Never have, never will.

Do you think in some future dream world where we win the league one day and become CL regulars.. would we then attract tossers like these too?

Neymar is overrated, sorry, his decision-making is average at best and he doesn't deliver enough. Bale is working in a side where he is being actively avoided by half the side, where he is pressured into not playing his natural game and where there are politics above the dressing room which continue to suffocate it. Is Zidane still around? His mentor there?

Seemed to me there was definitely some agenda not to pass to Bale. Isco in particular seemed to ignore him when he was def in space.

Having lived in Spain for 3 years I can say they do love a hissy fit though - watching football in the pub there were a lot of "plastics" who seem to think they are up for an oscar based on their reaction to the TV screen. (Though on the flip side most people were v friendly)

Don't think they necessarily mean the vitriol towards Bale, they just like the drama.

Neymar is overrated, sorry, his decision-making is average at best and he doesn't deliver enough. Bale is working in a side where he is being actively avoided by half the side, where he is pressured into not playing his natural game and where there are politics above the dressing room which continue to suffocate it. Is Zidane still around? His mentor there?

Neymar is also a couple of year younger than Bale. We've all seen how Bale has matured and started delivering over time...

Bale being actively avoided by half the side seems like a massive exaggeration.

Even with us his natural game saw him spend fairly long periods relatively invisible and without getting any touches on the ball in important areas.

Neymar is also a couple of year younger than Bale. We've all seen how Bale has matured and started delivering over time...

Even with us his natural game saw him spend fairly long periods relatively invisible and without getting any touches on the ball in important areas.

I would say 'massive exaggeration' is a bit 'massive' itself LOL, perhaps simply an exaggeration?!
He is being restricted in how he plays. Not a happy footballer by the looks of things.

That's what marks him out as special to me. The opposition used to set up purely to keep him off the ball or to stop him cutting in but he'd come and get the ball, cut inside and then score an incredible goal with alarming regularity.

There's not many players who can change a game the way he used to for us.

This campaign against Bale (a real one Jose, take note :)) is very strange.
I know that some at Marca would like Isco to get a higher profile at the club but surely they play in different parts of the pitch and so should not be in direct competition.

Apart from those sad journso at Marca, who are no doubt mostly season-ticket holders at Real, who would gain from Bale's quick sale (even assuming that they even get the price they paid in the first place)??

The politics at Real is strange...

Back