• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone remember that Bale chap?

agreed, solely looking at his stats he's been an absolute disaster

stats do not tell the whole story though, he's had injuries to deal with and seen 2 coaches fired

Last season he did. What's he had to deal with this season? It's not like he's had stiff competition for his place, he's only had to deal with Lennon and Townsend, hardly world beaters themselves.

Last season he got mugged off a bit to be fair, but Poch has shown faith and patience in him but he hasn't delivered.

Back to Bale and Real Madrid's fans. They really are the most snobbish, spoilt babies in world football. They literally believe they should win every trophy in every campaign, anything less is unacceptable. It's like, we're Real Madrid and that's that, we don't care if a team like Dortmund pops up every few years through good scouting, good youth system and making shrewd signings thus becoming a potential great team.

Someone posted that Atletico Madrid are not a likeable side, I'd rather they were successful if the alternative is Real.

There is a term in American sport called a "front runner". Essentially someone who supports the biggest/most successful club in each of the sports, i.e. in Hockey it would be the Detroit Red Wings or Montreal Canadiens; in the NFL it would be the Steelers or the Cowboys; Baseball it would be the New York Yankees and NBA would be the Lakers. Don't see why else you would follow Real.

Back to Bale and Real Madrid's fans. They really are the most snobbish, spoilt babies in world football. They literally believe they should win every trophy in every campaign, anything less is unacceptable. It's like, we're Real Madrid and that's that, we don't care if a team like Dortmund pops up every few years through good scouting, good youth system and making shrewd signings thus becoming a potential great team.

Someone posted that Atletico Madrid are not a likeable side, I'd rather they were successful if the alternative is Real.

There is a term in American sport called a "front runner". Essentially someone who supports the biggest/most successful club in each of the sports, i.e. in Hockey it would be the Detroit Red Wings or Montreal Canadiens; in the NFL it would be the Steelers or the Cowboys; Baseball it would be the New York Yankees and NBA would be the Lakers. Don't see why else you would follow Real.

Last year's Real was a great side to watch, a wonderful alternative to the possession based grind fest with tippy tappy triangles and sideways/backpass play that has been used by most top clubs over recent times.

A powerful, pace based attack with brutal finishing and lots of skill, FB's in flight, Modric conducting, Ronaldo/Bale/Benzema destroying.

But yes, asshole fans, asshole media, these idiots boo Ronaldo ffs!

Never understood the whole bandwagon thing ...

There are more and more news about ManU bidding for Bale soon. Will hate Bale forever if he ever joins another English club, especially ManU. If Bale has any sense of love and gratitude to us, he should not join any other English club ever.

if we had any sense of love and gratitude to him we'd match Uniteds offer

football doesn't work like that though, he'll (rightly) take the best financial offer, which is what anyone with a family would do

if we had any sense of love and gratitude to him we'd match Uniteds offer

football doesn't work like that though, he'll (rightly) take the best financial offer, which is what anyone with a family would do

This .. I get Levy/Club's view to managing our club responsibly, but ...

Bale is about as close to a sure thing for us getting a CL spot as we are every likely to get.

Lloris/Eriksen/Bale/Kane would have us in CL spots ..

There are more and more news about ManU bidding for Bale soon. Will hate Bale forever if he ever joins another English club, especially ManU. If Bale has any sense of love and gratitude to us, he should not join any other English club ever.

Curious as to why you are so against him joining them? Would be much worse to see him join chelsea/arsenal/liverpool if you ask me..

Will hardly be Bale's fault if Real sell him and he wants to come back to England.

If we bid for him and he turns us down I'd be a bit annoyed, but the bottom line is he did a really good job for us.

In what fantasy world do you think Bale would firstly come back to us (at this time) and secondly not join another prem team like Man Utd. I would much rather he was there instead of Liverpool, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project or, GHod forbid, Arsenal.

The truth is that even if we could meet Real Madrid's asking price (which we would'nt) and met Bale's wages (which we would'nt) then he still would'nt rejoin us at this point in his career. Its never going to happen and the chances are he WILL be back in England next year so lets accept it.

This .. I get Levy/Club's view to managing our club responsibly, but ...

Bale is about as close to a sure thing for us getting a CL spot as we are every likely to get.

Lloris/Eriksen/Bale/Kane would have us in CL spots ..

And we'd match the bids from other clubs without selling those players? How exactly?

And we'd match the bids from other clubs without selling those players? How exactly?

go down the Spanish or Italian route, get the royal family or the government to bankroll
us

ENIC could probably buy some foreign clubs to asset strip

or do a massive massive massive bank job

kickstarter

rip off some bank for naming rights on the new stadium

Curious as to why you are so against him joining them? Would be much worse to see him join chelsea/arsenal/liverpool if you ask me..

Because I have always hated ManU more than any other team. Afterall, ManU are the team who have fecked us the most on and off the field during the PL era. Remember the Mendes' goal, the 3-5 defeats and how about them stealing our key players like Sheringham, Carrick and Berbatov ? All were huge setbacks for us. Will never forgive Bale if he joins them.

Back