• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I will be shocked if Levy sacks Conte before the end of the season

That's where I was before yesterday. However the atmosphere at games and mood of fans I think has dropped significantly after last night. Its not the result, its the style and lack of ambition/boldness.

Limping on for 2+ months is hard if there's going to be anti-Conte songs etc at games, which I think is now inevitable

We need to be more like Sevilla or A.Madrid and build with a clear ethos and identity, rather than trying to be Chelsea.
This is an important comment. If Spurs don't stand for attractive, attacking football, preferably with a sprinkling of young British players, then what is the point? Were we in the CL under Martin Jol or when we signed Modric or Berbatov? No, we weren't but we enjoyed the football and we loved supporting the club. Clearly the Chairman thinks that we need a "world-class" manager, to manage in our "world-class" stadium. He's wrong. We need a decent manager who can inspire and motivate the players, and who is flexible enough to change his system.
I 'm fed up to the back teeth with players constantly passing backwards, taking throw-ins backwards, etc etc. I can't wait till we have a manager who plays 3 in the middle and uses a creative, attacking midfielder and speedy wingers. We just might be fun to watch again.

That's where I was before yesterday. However the atmosphere at games and mood of fans I think has dropped significantly after last night. Its not the result, its the style and lack of ambition/boldness.

Limping on for 2+ months is hard if there's going to be anti-Conte songs etc at games, which I think is now inevitable

I'm with you and it's exactly the bolded bit. Playing like we did last night at 1-0 down against a mediocre Milan side, who are shocking away from home, was unforgivable. I was wavering a bit on Conte but still behind him. Last night made my mind up. In the circumstances, it was an absolutely gutless performance.

I'm with you and it's exactly the bolded bit. Playing like we did last night at 1-0 down against a mediocre Milan side, who are shocking away from home, was unforgivable. I was wavering a bit on Conte but still behind him. Last night made my mind up. In the circumstances, it was an absolutely gutless performance.

Protect the draw and hope for the win football just does not work in cup football and like I said last night, the pressure on Kane to score the odd half chance is huge. Proven because Kane is not now scoring and we are not getting results

Can you give me a list? Any list of names needs to take into account that Levy turned down a Potter level of experience before when he was emminently gettable, so people like Frank, de Zerbi etc don't seem likely to cut it with Levy
Maybe this experience will slightly shift his thinking

Throw in that he seems to have lost the dressing room going by the Richy outburst, it's only going to get worse.
Just come to some mutual agreement to terminate the contract on health grounds and he can save face and leave.

I have never been "a sack the manager" supporter, as I don't think the problems are easily solved by that action and I believe our recent history supports that view. The team has not been providing the type of football I hope to see us play and there has been little consistency in performance or results since the world cup break, whether that is the cause I dont know.
The team should by now be fully aware of what the manager wants and I believe it's a question of their belief in him or his tactics. Something has to change, if this group can't play his system succesfully then it's far easier to change the system than recruit more suitable players while clearing out unwanted staff. Conte does not seem to want to change his system and his perverse substitution of Sanchez last night underlined his stubbornness.

This leave with the only option of changing our manager. Replacing him at this stage of season will not be easy and would probably leave us with Mason as caretaker until a suitable candidate can be found.

I not looking forward to the rest of the season as I'm sure there will be nothing but more discontent within the fan base and endless debate/argument about who should get the job.

It's a sad time to be a Spurs fan and cast a shadow over our match on Saturday, I was looking forward to celebrating my 65 years anniversary of attending matches at the lane, now I expect a toxic afternoon.

Plus if we get Poch, we know he might stay for 5-10 years

If Gallardo does well, he'll be tapped up by Real, Barca etc

Get Poch in. He wants to come back, is proud of being our manager, plays good football, is a decent bloke

Its a no brainer
So we should not get a top manager, just because other teams may want him? That doesn't make much sense. You get the best manager available. Not saying that is Gallardo, but that should be the thinking.

I agree completely. The uncertainty around Paratici is an additional complication for Levy here. You just know that he has texted Poch already to ensure that he is available, as of now or in the summer. But if Levy sacks Conte now, and I hope he does given the kind fixture list that we have, then Poch will want to know what the situation with the DoF and him and Levy is going to be. And I'm not sure even Levy knows that himself.

And, an additional thought: sacking Conte and Paratici at the end of the season, when Conte's contract runs out and if the initial verdict in the Juve case is not overturned, is a hell of a lot cheaper than firing both now. Any guesses? Would that be 10m now, and zero in the summer?
I don't think Conte and Paratici is a package deal. Levy can sack Conte now and wait to see what happens with Paratici, whom I would keep, if he is cleared of the charges.

I'm fed up with this "Top manager" stuff. A manager who has had some success, but is hungry for more, and who knows how to inspire players. That is all we need plus one important thing: someone who knows British football and the intensity of the PL, and who appreciates that we want to win cups and get some glory back.
Poch all the way.

I don't think Conte and Paratici is a package deal. Levy can sack Conte now and wait to see what happens with Paratici, whom I would keep, if he is cleared of the charges.

Yes, I certainly wouldnt sack Paratici - far from it. He's had 3 decent transfer windows in a row so unless he's thrown in prison or can't work due to whatever charges he gets hit with, we should definitely be continuing with him

I like Poch, but I would give one condition for his appointment, he needs to take the cups seriously.
The stadium was going massively over budget and we needed the CL money to avoid being in a very sticky place financially…. He was taking his priority from above (and still got us further in the cups than his two proper successors who both got a shed load more money to spend on transfers and wages)

Last edited:
I am beyond angry. Get Mr Misery and his miserable football out of the club now. And do not replace him with any more Mr Miserables. We might never win anything in the immediate future but the priority must be to quit this soul destroying spectacle before the fans we still have left give up under the incessant barrage of unremitting doom. A Martin Jol clone would be good, someone who actually likes the club, plays attacking football and can give amusing interviews.

I am beyond angry. Get Mr Misery and his miserable football out of the club now. And do not replace him with any more Mr Miserables. We might never win anything in the immediate future but the priority must be to quit this soul destroying spectacle before the fans we still have left give up under the incessant barrage of unremitting doom. A Martin Jol clone would be good, someone who actually likes the club, plays attacking football and can give amusing interviews.

Micheal McIntyre?

But presumably Paratici would have an input into who the next manager would be. So he’d want someone who he’d be happy to work with and vice versa. Not knowing how the Paratici situation is going to play out is a big cloud over everything. Possibly another reason why nothing will change until the end of the season.

The more I think about yesterday, the thing that really boils my tinkle is bringing on Sanchez with 10 minutes to go instead of Danjuma when we are desperate for a goal.
I don't think that was a terrible decision. Yes, we needed a goal, but we couldn't leave ourselves wide open at the back. Don't forget he had already taken off Royal for Richie and were shaky at the back as it was. We'd have been more likely to concede than to score, which would have killed the game. And Dav didn't play that bad. We still created a couple of half chances to score. But taking off Son for Danjuma, yeah that I would agree with and should have been done way before the Dav for Deki substitution.

I don't think that was a terrible decision. Yes, we needed a goal, but we couldn't leave ourselves wide open at the back. Don't forget he had already taken off Royal for Richie and were shaky at the back as it was. We'd have been more likely to concede than to score, which would have killed the game. And Dav didn't play that bad. We still created a couple of half chances to score. But taking off Son for Danjuma, yeah that I would agree with and should have been done way before the Dav for Deki substitution.

We needed to score 2 goals to win, keep it tight and hope to nick a goal to take us into extra time with 10 men was not a great tactic.

Back