• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

What makes you think that? I think there's enough for him to work with (more so once Udogie joins) but he or any other manager would still want investment to take us forwards

We need it terribly. I'd actualy be OK with flogging son, kane, PEH, Lloris, Emerson, Doherty, Dier, Davies, Tanganga, Winks, Perisic for a proper reboot plus £170m would probably give us a nice budget

We need it terribly. I'd actualy be OK with flogging son, kane, PEH, Lloris, Emerson, Doherty, Dier, Davies, Tanganga, Winks, Perisic for a proper reboot plus £170m would probably give us a nice budget

If we sign Porro & Zaniolo this window it's going to push our spending over the last couple of windows to the 200m euro net mark (using euros as the transfer sites do) the fact we still probably need the same again over the next 2 or 3 windows shows the scale of the job at hand when Paratici/Conte came here.

If we sign Porro & Zaniolo this window it's going to push our spending over the last couple of windows to the 200m euro net mark (using euros as the transfer sites do) the fact we still probably need the same again over the next 2 or 3 windows shows the scale of the job at hand when Paratici/Conte came here.

Honestly think conte would be brilliant if he had the tools at his disposal. Currently I don't think many managers would have us on this may points in total with this team.

He is stubborn and throws his toys out, and currently the play is lethargic. However if we got him the players that he needs I would love to see him give it a proper go

Honestly think conte would be brilliant if he had the tools at his disposal. Currently I don't think many managers would have us on this may points in total with this team.

He is stubborn and throws his toys out, and currently the play is lethargic. However if we got him the players that he needs I would love to see him give it a proper go

Yeah you have to be fair to the guy. His whole system is built on wing backs and that then demands good centre backs. He has:

Wing Backs: Doherty, Royal, Sessegnon, Perisic, Spence
Centre Backs: Dier, Lenglet, Romero, Tanganga, Davies

None of the wing backs are really fit for purpose. Maybe Perisic although his best days are behind him and he doesn't have the legs anymore. Of the centre backs, only Romero and potentially Lenglet are really fit for purpose.

The other boys are decent players but if you're looking to get where Conte wants to go and where the club should be aspiring to, we need better.

We won't even start on the goalkeeper.

Yeah you have to be fair to the guy. His whole system is built on wing backs and that then demands good centre backs. He has:

Wing Backs: Doherty, Royal, Sessegnon, Perisic, Spence
Centre Backs: Dier, Lenglet, Romero, Tanganga, Davies

None of the wing backs are really fit for purpose. Maybe Perisic although his best days are behind him and he doesn't have the legs anymore. Of the centre backs, only Romero and potentially Lenglet are really fit for purpose.

The other boys are decent players but if you're looking to get where Conte wants to go and where the club should be aspiring to, we need better.

We won't even start on the goalkeeper.

Spence might be brick. But as I said before, i firmly believe he's not playing him to make a point which is just fudging childish in my view. he started Sarr other night who was probably the only player to come out of the derby with his head high.

I won't let go of the fact, he could have easily just played him for the Portsmouth game to prove us all wrong. Playing Royal over him, sorry, but fudging pointless.

At this stage i want to see him have next season with hopefully what will be a squad of players closer to what he needs - Porro & Zaniolo this window gets is to :

Forster
Porro, Spence, Perisic, Udogie
Romero, Lenglet
Bentancur, Sarr, Bissouma
Zaniolo, Richarlson, Kulusevski

Signed since he joined - add a new GK, 2 x CBs in the summer and that's a new starting XI plus some on top to add to the existing players he wants to keep - that's a pretty big turnaround in a short space of time and then i think the excuses for him wrt squad will need to come to an end and he will have to deliver some progress on the pitch. I think he can deliver, but in the meantime it's going to be up and down

Spence might be brick. But as I said before, i firmly believe he's not playing him to make a point which is just fudging childish in my view. he started Sarr other night who was probably the only player to come out of the derby with his head high.

I won't let go of the fact, he could have easily just played him for the Portsmouth game to prove us all wrong. Playing Royal over him, sorry, but fudging pointless.

Why would he be making a point? He has a veto on player transfers, if he didn't want him at the club he could have said no.

I don’t think this is behaving like a spoilt child and maybe the reason for his demeanour.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-after-personal-trauma?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

If that's the reason, fair enough but I'm not sure it's really related. If we're winning games, he's not carrying on like this. He has form...see the toy throwing last year after the Burnley game. Conte is a winner, he hates losing. You can hear it when he talks about games. So when he loses, he's petulant. Like most of the great managers.

I'd have played Spence personally. I can't get my head around why he's been benched or worse. But I don't think that Conte would leave him out for any other reason than he thinks Royal and Doherty are better options. If Conte thought playing me would get him 3 points, I'd be pulling on an XXXXXL shirt tonight.

I don't agree with him but I respect his right to make that decision.

Why would he be making a point? He has a veto on player transfers, if he didn't want him at the club he could have said no.

"club signing".

You can't tell me Spence wasn't worthy of at least a solid 60mins against Portsmoth to see if he was capable of making the spot his own.

He could played Royal as the RCB instead of Tanganga. He could have played SPence as the RWB. Instead, he gives him 13mins. It's not an agenda as some seem to claim that i am making. Like i said, he could be utter brick.

But a player who made 40+ appearences against Championship level opponents last season is worth a start in a position you're desperately struggling with, in a cup game surely? People can shout "agenda" all they want, I still don't see a valid reason provided for him not being selected for a cup game at home to Porstmouth.

"club signing".

You can't tell me Spence wasn't worthy of at least a solid 60mins against Portsmoth to see if he was capable of making the spot his own.

He could played Royal as the RCB instead of Tanganga. He could have played SPence as the RWB. Instead, he gives him 13mins. It's not an agenda as some seem to claim that i am making. Like i said, he could be utter brick.

But a player who made 40+ appearences against Championship level opponents last season is worth a start in a position you're desperately struggling with, in a cup game surely? People can shout "agenda" all they want, I still don't see a valid reason provided for him not being selected for a cup game at home to Porstmouth.

His full quote.

“Honestly when I spoke [to Daniel Levy] it was very simple because at the start of the conversation the club was very clear with me and said we reached an important achievement and maybe it was very difficult to think since November when I arrived to go into the Champions League but now we want to continue to grow, to grow together with ambition.

“Also, for the club, it’s not simple to go into the transfer market and sign players free like Perisic and Forster and sign players on loan like Lenglet, and to sign players with money like Richarlison and Bissouma and Spence.

“Spence is an investment of the club. The club wanted to do it. I said okay, this player is young but he showed he can become a good, important player for us. The club decided to buy him.”

He agreed the deal. He doesn't think he is ready yet. He didn't think perisic was ready so sent him on loan. He didn't think eriksen was ready so benched him. When they were ready they were an invaluable part of the team that won the league.

His full quote.

“Honestly when I spoke [to Daniel Levy] it was very simple because at the start of the conversation the club was very clear with me and said we reached an important achievement and maybe it was very difficult to think since November when I arrived to go into the Champions League but now we want to continue to grow, to grow together with ambition.

“Also, for the club, it’s not simple to go into the transfer market and sign players free like Perisic and Forster and sign players on loan like Lenglet, and to sign players with money like Richarlison and Bissouma and Spence.

“Spence is an investment of the club. The club wanted to do it. I said okay, this player is young but he showed he can become a good, important player for us. The club decided to buy him.”

He agreed the deal. He doesn't think he is ready yet. He didn't think perisic was ready so sent him on loan. He didn't think eriksen was ready so benched him. When they were ready they were an invaluable part of the team that won the league.
Isn’t that the point though, it was a club signing, long term he thinks he may come good but for whatever reason he doesn’t think he’s ready right now.

Time to go

Confidence shattered. Belief gone. Dressing room lost. Getting worse every game

Levy's got to do the deed tomorrow.

Back