• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Time to go

Confidence shattered. Belief gone. Dressing room lost. Getting worse every game

Levy's got to do the deed tomorrow.

I am torn, I have been critical and some of that remains but there is still part of me that looks back at last season and thinks just get back to that and maybe we could see a flip, I dunno, brains fried after that show up tonight

That said I just don't see him here next year, don't see it at all

Time to go

Confidence shattered. Belief gone. Dressing room lost. Getting worse every game

Levy's got to do the deed tomorrow.

There was enough in that performance tonight that gives a bit of hope. He has some questions to answer, particularly around the goalkeeper.

Doesn’t sound a particularly happy camper though. Echoes of Poch’s “I’m the coach, not the manager” about his interview tonight.

I am torn, I have been critical and some of that remains but there is still part of me that looks back at last season and thinks just get back to that and maybe we could see a flip, I dunno, brains fried after that show up tonight

That said I just don't see him here next year, don't see it at all

He had all the advantages though - lots of money spent early on good players, an uninterrupted/well-planned pre-season. And then we've not had one decent performance all season.

I don't see any green shoots at all. It's spiral of decline.

There was enough in that performance tonight that gives a bit of hope. He has some questions to answer, particularly around the goalkeeper.

Doesn’t sound a particularly happy camper though. Echoes of Poch’s “I’m the coach, not the manager” about his interview tonight.

What did you see? I saw Cheltenham or Gillingham fluking two goals against the run of play in their attempt at a giant-killing FA cup 3rd round tie. It wasn't a contest though.

What did you see? I saw Cheltenham or Gillingham fluking two goals against the run of play in their attempt at a giant-killing FA cup 3rd round tie. It wasn't a contest though.

City weren’t any better than us in the first half to be fair. And even at 3-2, I genuinely thought we could get a goal. That’s different to say the Villa game or all those first halves where we’ve struggled.

Tonight wasn’t perfect but it was better.

He had all the advantages though - lots of money spent early on good players, an uninterrupted/well-planned pre-season. And then we've not had one decent performance all season.

I don't see any green shoots at all. It's spiral of decline.

I can only assume he had a say in spending our biggest amount of money on a player he doesn’t now deem good enough to play in one of his 2 favoured positions, when one of those positions is being taken by the most out of form player in the squad - not even deeming him worthy to bring on for said out of form player for 30 mins - when said player is having a stinker.

Pretty unreal stuff.

I can only assume he had a say in spending our biggest amount of money on a player he doesn’t now deem good enough to play in one of his 2 favoured positions, when one of those positions is being taken by the most out of form player in the squad - not even deeming him worthy to bring on for said out of form player for 30 mins - when said player is having a stinker.

Pretty unreal stuff.
But it’s not the manager at fault…
It’s because we’re not big enough for him
He said it in his presser in a round about way
He thinks we’re lucky to pay him £15m a year

City weren’t any better than us in the first half to be fair. And even at 3-2, I genuinely thought we could get a goal. That’s different to say the Villa game or all those first halves where we’ve struggled.

Tonight wasn’t perfect but it was better.
Exactly…. We’ve got a keeper who is over the top now and are carrying Son and Dier, all of those players are replaceable.

What I like about Conte is you see things being fixed that need to be. The way we started to play the ball out of a press this game, after we were so poor at it in the last. And there are many other examples.

I am fully behind him. Anyone who wants more upheaval is in a time-loop, where we're condemned to stay in a circle of development. We need stability, and a coach who can identify what we are missing, and add it, step by step by step. Conte can.

Last two games we've had good spells of play, attacking and defending, but we've let in some horrendous goals.
Not goals where it just been one mistake, its been two or three mistakes with each one getting worse.
Its been better displays than some of the lame ass stuff we've seen this season.
There is potential in this team.

One quality LCB might create more calm in our defense. If not, Dier needs an upgrade too. But he's decent if not outstanding. So go big on a LCB. Hincipe or whatever his name is if Gvadiol can not be lured.

I can’t remember Son contributing anything tonight. Hugo has to go but he did make a couple of good stops tonight. Dier made one great block.

Sonny…absolutely nothing.

I think Son is now being played in hope now rather than belief. 4 league goals all season. Salah only has 7. What has happened to those two this season?!

Last two games we've had good spells of play, attacking and defending, but we've let in some horrendous goals.
Not goals where it just been one mistake, its been two or three mistakes with each one getting worse.
Its been better displays than some of the lame ass stuff we've seen this season.
There is potential in this team.

If we played to the sum of our parts, we'd be great. But we haven't for 9 months now. Our confidence is shot and its all going very Juande Ramos. We need a reboot and a coach that brings back a bit of joy, a bit of freedom and a bit of swagger.

What I like about Conte is you see things being fixed that need to be. The way we started to play the ball out of a press this game, after we were so poor at it in the last. And there are many other examples.

I am fully behind him. Anyone who wants more upheaval is in a time-loop, where we're condemned to stay in a circle of development. We need stability, and a coach who can identify what we are missing, and add it, step by step by step. Conte can.
Obviously it doesn't matter how we feel. What matters is Levy telling Conte to buy whoever he wants in this window who is available. Otherwise, what's the point?

Back