• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Obviously it doesn't matter how we feel. What matters is Levy telling Conte to buy whoever he wants in this window who is available. Otherwise, what's the point?

So we can loan them to Napoli and Villareal in the summer when the new coach doesn't want them? You can't buy players for a coach whose maximum lifespan is 5 more months.

If we played to the sum of our parts, we'd be great. But we haven't for 9 months now. Our confidence is shot and its all going very Juande Ramos. We need a reboot and a coach that brings back a bit of joy, a bit of freedom and a bit of swagger.
a broken keeper and a left side that is just a car wreck with son and sess, perisic and dier are having spells of giving away gifts, i think its actually i minor miracle we aren't fighting for relegation.
I've never seen so many players who can go from sublime to ridiculous in such a short space of time. Kane, Kulu and Bentancur are the only consistently above average players we have.
The rest are so mind bogglingly inconsistent its not real.
Ramos achieved something that the last three bit of freedom and swagger managers haven't.

a broken keeper and a left side that is just a car wreck with son and sess, perisic and dier are having spells of giving away gifts, i think its actually i minor miracle we aren't fighting for relegation.
I've never seen so many players who can go from sublime to ridiculous in such a short space of time. Kane, Kulu and Bentancur are the only consistently above average players we have.
The rest are so mind bogglingly inconsistent its not real.
Ramos achieved something that the last three bit of freedom and swagger managers haven't.

I think a decent, positive, progressive coach gets a really good tune out of this squad. Just get the handbrake off.

I think a decent, positive, progressive coach gets a really good tune out of this squad. Just get the handbrake off.

If conte does leave i think give mason another go. Did well last time and has been coaching with conte now. Bring in some experienced coaches to help him along.

Against good technical teams we struggle to cope when we play 2 central midfielders and 3 at the back. Conte being stubborn idiot continues to play it and we continue to get swarmed.
We really were ok in the first half
City huffed and puffed and had one shot of note
As we saw with our goals they can change games… venue with a gift from their keeper
Unfortunately for us Hugo made more mistakes again and the momentum changed

Listening to Conte I think he now knows he has nothing to lose by basically saying, do it my way or fcuk yourselves because if they don't and sack him he is free from the crud and if they do he gets back and he then gets inclined to sign a new deal

No coach is getting anything out of this team until we replace Hugo. If we had a good keeper we'd have got something tonight and against Arsenal.

Yeah his comments this week and his demeanour don't help at all. I guess this is what you get with Conte though - when things aren't going well, he behaves a bit like a spoilt child. Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho, Klopp, Pep...they're all the same. And they're all winners.

But can Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho, Klopp, Pep do better faced with the resources that Enic will avail?

Looks like to me Conte is facing what Mourinho did. Jose mentioned was in fact more positive and hard hardly a poor word to say about the club. Both have resorted to inexplicable tactics and selections with one common factor plagueing both of them - the lack of quality in defence.

Perhaps this is the inevitable showdown. Enic can't keep on acquiring trophy managers to boost the club's profile while not investing in good players and perhaps it was an experiment starting with Jose, but Conte confirms it won't work.

What I like about Conte is you see things being fixed that need to be.

I’m sorry, what? What has he fixed this season?

We concede 2+ every game, our first halves are routinely absolutely terrible, we barely have any shots before the 60th minute, he’s continues to play Son despite being in the worst form of his life, he won’t try putting an extra body in midfield even though it has worked the one time he did it this season (Leicester at home)…

I could go on. I see nothing getting better and everything getting worse since we beat Norwich last May.

Listening to Conte I think he now knows he has nothing to lose by basically saying, do it my way or fcuk yourselves because if they don't and sack him he is free from the crud and if they do he gets back and he then gets inclined to sign a new deal
He's kind of been saying that since he joined. And it's well known that he's the kind of manager who wants the club to give him what he needs. Again, Levy has just teased him, and us, with the tip, instead of pounding it balls deep.

Back