• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

The players have been appallingly bad for two matches, but the way we set up is not making it any easier. Our counter attacking style isn't producing goals, no control in midfield and we are still wide open at the back with three CBs.

We need someone out there that can take charge when things get too chaotic and we keep giving the ball away constantly.

New manager bounce gone and the players have reverted to type that got the previous 3 managers sacked.

If Levy had any balls he would go into the training ground Monday and rip them all a new one.
Not being funny but why didn’t conte play 3 in midfield against wolves?? 3-4-3 simply doesn’t work with our current players we saw that again today after Southampton. And playing winks ahead of hojberg was not a great move. Peh ain’t great but winks add nothing. So conte ain’t exactly blameless in all this.

Think it was a big mistake coming out and saying we're miles behind Chelsea (even if it's true), the whole squad seem to be really fragile and any knock or criticism and heads go down.

Agreed. If Nuno did that, he’d be accused of being small time.Stupid comment. fudging Plymouth brought a strong Chelsea side to extra time and we rolled over for them 3 times. Not good enough.

Not being funny but why didn’t conte play 3 in midfield against wolves?? 3-4-3 simply doesn’t work with our current players we saw that again today after Southampton. And playing winks ahead of hojberg was not a great move. Peh ain’t great but winks add nothing. So conte ain’t exactly blameless in all this.
Hojberg was horrendous mid week so was rightly dropped
But your right about the 3 in midfield being an issue
It was clear from the line up

He’s testing my patience a bit. He said today was one of our best games? Ah fudge off Antonio. That’s nonsense.

We created chances? Behave. Wolves were comfortable.

We need this to work because there’s nowhere else to go if Conte fails. But he’s insulting our intelligence with that guff. Wolves absolutely deserved their win today.

Agree. The funny thing is one of the last times we dropped into a 532 was against Liverpool and created more chances than most of our games. Ok it means we will play on the break but at the moment we have no real plan on the front foot anyway.

Agreed. If Nuno did that, he’d be accused of being small time.Stupid comment. fudging Plymouth brought a strong Chelsea side to extra time and we rolled over for them 3 times. Not good enough.

He’s testing my patience a bit. He said today was one of our best games? Ah fudge off Antonio. That’s nonsense.

We created chances? Behave. Wolves were comfortable.

We need this to work because there’s nowhere else to go if Conte fails. But he’s insulting our intelligence with that guff. Wolves absolutely deserved their win today.

I respect your views Deano but it sounds like you expect Conte to be honest (in public) with his appraisal of our performance today yet wanted him 3 weeks ago to gloss over the fact we’ve fallen way below Chelsea? I’d say the time to be brutally honest publicly was during the transfer window.

Edit:
Actually just read today’s interview and I think he’s being as honest as he can be given he has to work with what we’ve got for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:
Taken from bbc website and what they are reporting he said to sky.

"I am telling you from my arrival that we have to struggle every game," said Conte, who took charge in November.

"There are a lot of jobs to do but it is not simple because the environment is used to play for Champions League, Europa League, but everyone maybe has to realise something has changed and you have to try to work to build again and we have to know this."

Speaking to Sky Sports, Conte added: "When you lose two games in a row at home and a previous game against Chelsea, a team that wants to fight for the Champions League is impossible."

Tottenham went unbeaten in nine Premier League games following Conte's arrival.

But the Italian says it will take time to develop a side capable of believing it can win regularly.

"The problem is that you cannot buy the winning mentality," he said.

"You transfer it day by day and [you are] not sure that [it is] day by day, because there are players that are more open and they understand the process quickly, other players need more time to understand this.

"Winning mentality in my opinion means when you play, [thinking] 'I am ready to kill you and to live'. This is the difference in every duel, every second ball, every set-piece.

"There is a long road, a long path in front of us. Long. It's important for us not to be scared to face this path."

Feel a bit relieved reading that.
Was getting concerned that he was losing interest and giving up us, and who could blame him.
That sounds like someone here for the long haul, someone with a will to see it through.
Levy needs to back him now, and not just with cash, but with belief.
We have a culture of losing and a squad of serial losers.
No one, absolutely no one should be safe in that dressing room.
A dressing room that continually does not turn up, that does not look motivated and have no fight to them.
Skipp, romero, Bentancur and kulu i would keep, rest can go. The sooner the better as far as I am concerned.

I respect your views Deano but it sounds like you expect Conte to be honest (in public) with his appraisal of our performance today yet wanted him 3 weeks ago to gloss over the fact we’ve fallen way below Chelsea? I’d say the time to be brutally honest publicly was during the transfer window.

Edit:
Actually just read today’s interview and I think he’s being as honest as he can be given he has to work with what we’ve got for the remainder of the season.

Ah balls, I hate when someone uses my own words against me like that:D

I see you point. Here's where I'm coming from (admitting I only read the quotes and didn't see the interview). Yesterday, we were schooled on the pitch. Wolves were very comfortable and at times looked like they had an extra man when they were pinging it about. It's absolute nonsense to claim this was one of our best performances. Conte should admit we were second best on the day and talk about righting that coz we are capable of better.

He repeatedly said we were miles behind Chelsea as a club. Which we are to be fair. But every game we played against them he was reiterating that message as if we couldn't hope to compete with them. As someone else posted, that can give players an out. We should have also been able to compete with them but in 270 minutes, we barely troubled them. Plymouth managed to cause them problems ffs.

So maybe Im being a hypocrite (I'm a fan, it's my right :D) but one comment is a blatant lie about the wolves game and the other is setting a poor standard for the players. What both comments do though, if you accept them, is make Conte look as good as possible.

Taken from bbc website and what they are reporting he said to sky.

"I am telling you from my arrival that we have to struggle every game," said Conte, who took charge in November.

"There are a lot of jobs to do but it is not simple because the environment is used to play for Champions League, Europa League, but everyone maybe has to realise something has changed and you have to try to work to build again and we have to know this."

Speaking to Sky Sports, Conte added: "When you lose two games in a row at home and a previous game against Chelsea, a team that wants to fight for the Champions League is impossible."

Tottenham went unbeaten in nine Premier League games following Conte's arrival.

But the Italian says it will take time to develop a side capable of believing it can win regularly.

"The problem is that you cannot buy the winning mentality," he said.

"You transfer it day by day and [you are] not sure that [it is] day by day, because there are players that are more open and they understand the process quickly, other players need more time to understand this.

"Winning mentality in my opinion means when you play, [thinking] 'I am ready to kill you and to live'. This is the difference in every duel, every second ball, every set-piece.

"There is a long road, a long path in front of us. Long. It's important for us not to be scared to face this path."

Feel a bit relieved reading that.
Was getting concerned that he was losing interest and giving up us, and who could blame him.
That sounds like someone here for the long haul, someone with a will to see it through.
Levy needs to back him now, and not just with cash, but with belief.
We have a culture of losing and a squad of serial losers.
No one, absolutely no one should be safe in that dressing room.
A dressing room that continually does not turn up, that does not look motivated and have no fight to them.
Skipp, romero, Bentancur and kulu i would keep, rest can go. The sooner the better as far as I am concerned.

Yeah those comments are good. And I'd be very happy for him to be here for the long haul. But we can't be terrified of losing him. We're Tottenham fudging Hotspur. Conte is not doing us a favour by managing us. He's got one of the biggest jobs in club football.

And you'd get rid of Hugo, Son and Kane?

Yeah those comments are good. And I'd be very happy for him to be here for the long haul. But we can't be terrified of losing him. We're Tottenham fudging Hotspur. Conte is not doing us a favour by managing us. He's got one of the biggest jobs in club football.

And you'd get rid of Hugo, Son and Kane?

I wouldn't be terrified of losing him, only losing him and still having this bunch of chancers. If he goes i hope he goes and lets everyone of them know exactly what he thinks of them.
Not that it will make any difference to them, but at least we will know.

Us spurs fan, we do love a hero don't we, but as i said in the bale thread, what actual good have they done us?
Oh harry has lots of individual awards, hugo has a world cup and son an Asian cup, but what about us?
How long do we give it before we realise this model isn't working?

I'm also sick of the reading "sorry to see so so go, he should have won something with us", as if its our fault.
If we are serious about competing we need gutting, from top to bottom, no sentiment no excuses.

The ownership are ruthless. They don't give a fudge.

I disagree, levy seems to take players wanting to leave like a parent watching a favourite child fleeing the nest.
That interview in the doc with Eriksen was mortifying, the guy wanted to leave, his form was suffering, it was doing no one any good.
Cut the cord and move on.

Back