• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Well me bringing my sunshine and light optimism. Don't see us getting anything at city. Just hope its not a ding dong result to put our gd back into minus (if we not already) and well Burnley. I will be amazed of we get anything there. They held Arsenal and Utd. (Which doesn't say much cos they ain't great either at moment)

I think I will refrain from watching matches until Aug. Those players are and forever will be just performing how they perform. Can't expect a fish to climb a tree

Ah balls, I hate when someone uses my own words against me like that:D

I see you point. Here's where I'm coming from (admitting I only read the quotes and didn't see the interview). Yesterday, we were schooled on the pitch. Wolves were very comfortable and at times looked like they had an extra man when they were pinging it about. It's absolute nonsense to claim this was one of our best performances. Conte should admit we were second best on the day and talk about righting that coz we are capable of better.

He repeatedly said we were miles behind Chelsea as a club. Which we are to be fair. But every game we played against them he was reiterating that message as if we couldn't hope to compete with them. As someone else posted, that can give players an out. We should have also been able to compete with them but in 270 minutes, we barely troubled them. Plymouth managed to cause them problems ffs.

So maybe Im being a hypocrite (I'm a fan, it's my right :D) but one comment is a blatant lie about the wolves game and the other is setting a poor standard for the players. What both comments do though, if you accept them, is make Conte look as good as possible.

Nah, you’re grand. Just me being picky and in a bad mood. I’m very defensive of Conte though it pains me to say I’m somewhat underwhelmed by performances so far. He strikes me as very honest in interviews and not all about self preservation. Regardless of what he says in front of a camera I’d hope the players are more concerned with what he says to them face to face.

Taken from bbc website and what they are reporting he said to sky.

"I am telling you from my arrival that we have to struggle every game," said Conte, who took charge in November.

"There are a lot of jobs to do but it is not simple because the environment is used to play for Champions League, Europa League, but everyone maybe has to realise something has changed and you have to try to work to build again and we have to know this."

Speaking to Sky Sports, Conte added: "When you lose two games in a row at home and a previous game against Chelsea, a team that wants to fight for the Champions League is impossible."

Tottenham went unbeaten in nine Premier League games following Conte's arrival.

But the Italian says it will take time to develop a side capable of believing it can win regularly.

"The problem is that you cannot buy the winning mentality," he said.

"You transfer it day by day and [you are] not sure that [it is] day by day, because there are players that are more open and they understand the process quickly, other players need more time to understand this.

"Winning mentality in my opinion means when you play, [thinking] 'I am ready to kill you and to live'. This is the difference in every duel, every second ball, every set-piece.

"There is a long road, a long path in front of us. Long. It's important for us not to be scared to face this path."

Feel a bit relieved reading that.
Was getting concerned that he was losing interest and giving up us, and who could blame him.
That sounds like someone here for the long haul, someone with a will to see it through.
Levy needs to back him now, and not just with cash, but with belief.
We have a culture of losing and a squad of serial losers.
No one, absolutely no one should be safe in that dressing room.
A dressing room that continually does not turn up, that does not look motivated and have no fight to them.
Skipp, romero, Bentancur and kulu i would keep, rest can go. The sooner the better as far as I am concerned.

Like those words a lot, and a positive sign is that Conte said similar things when we were getting results and playing better. He's not under any illusions about where we are.

Think there will have to be some tough decisions on players come the summer. We obviously can't sell everyone apart from four players, but we should be open to the idea of many names on the potential outgoings list.

I hate messages like that too. It’s self preservation and let’s all the players have an excuse for underperforming.
If as an adult you can't tell that you are crap at your job. Despite countless training sessions etc. And your manager has tried to help you. And you sulk off and be even worse. Then jog on.

Honestly I wish I could be poor at my job and still be employed. And yes I know its sports and it different but you get moved on. And these lot need moving on

It just annoys me so much that you can watch a video of yourself. Sit in lessons before shown what you are doing countless of times. And still do the same rubbish the very next game. How is that possible???

It just annoys me so much that you can watch a video of yourself. Sit in lessons before shown what you are doing countless of times. And still do the same rubbish the very next game. How is that possible???

The path from understanding something to implementing it can be a long one in many fields. On a football pitch there's often very limited time and players easily revert back to old habits and patterns.

When there's a shortage of technical and/or tactical quality that's even more difficult.

The path from understanding something to implementing it can be a long one in many fields. On a football pitch there's often very limited time and players easily revert back to old habits and patterns.

When there's a shortage of technical and/or tactical quality that's even more difficult.
OK got you. That explains it. Still hard for me to be understanding. Although someone did say adjust your expectations of this team and you won't be mad. Very yoda and zen. And its true. If I think we are like Everton then my blood pressure will be fine!

I disagree, levy seems to take players wanting to leave like a parent watching a favourite child fleeing the nest.
That interview in the doc with Eriksen was mortifying, the guy wanted to leave, his form was suffering, it was doing no one any good.
Cut the cord and move on.

Like those words a lot, and a positive sign is that Conte said similar things when we were getting results and playing better. He's not under any illusions about where we are.

Think there will have to be some tough decisions on players come the summer. We obviously can't sell everyone apart from four players, but we should be open to the idea of many names on the potential outgoings list.
Conte has been saying this (or similar) since he's been here.

A large part of it is managing fans (and in part, the medias) expectations.....good luck with that.

Due to it being his second language quite a bit of it can sound negative, defeatist, fatalist etc and it is repetitive, imo he should keep a bit more in house, or think of something new to say. You don't want to be giving the players an excuse, or belief they genuinely aren't good enough (and some aren't:)).

Regards to outgoings,
It appears clear we have moved on with who makes the decisions and the level of ruthfulness employed evidenced by firstly Aurier Sissoko effing off for nothing and Dele LoCelso Ndombele being told 'see you later' in January.

Nah, you’re grand. Just me being picky and in a bad mood. I’m very defensive of Conte though it pains me to say I’m somewhat underwhelmed by performances so far. He strikes me as very honest in interviews and not all about self preservation. Regardless of what he says in front of a camera I’d hope the players are more concerned with what he says to them face to face.

I’m a massive fan of his. I love his demeanour, his passion, his will to win and I like watching his teams. And I really want him to succeed for those reasons and because if he doesn’t, I think ENIC and Levy have literally nowhere else to go unless Uncle Joe has a Road to Damascus moment and opens his wallet. This is their last credible roll of the dice.

But that doesn’t mean Conte gets off Scot free for two performances like the last week. I am happy to hear him talking sensibly about the long term though.

Haven’t the last few weeks been vintage fudging Tottenham. The highest of highs against Leicester where we can’t sleep and I’m sacrificing my first born at the alter of Steven Bergwijn and then three poisonous performances to brick all over that. And yet, I looked at the league table this morning and a glimmer of hope returned.

If as an adult you can't tell that you are crap at your job. Despite countless training sessions etc. And your manager has tried to help you. And you sulk off and be even worse. Then jog on.

Honestly I wish I could be poor at my job and still be employed. And yes I know its sports and it different but you get moved on. And these lot need moving on

Objectively they aren't bad at their jobs (yes even Sissoko) but are just not up to the level and standard that we supposedly desire. I say supposedly because I don't believe ENIC have the same desires as their coach's and the fans of the club.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Conte has been saying this (or similar) since he's been here.

A large part of it is managing fans (and in part, the medias) expectations.....good luck with that.

Due to it being his second language quite a bit of it can sound negative, defeatist, fatalist etc and it is repetitive, imo he should keep a bit more in house, or think of something new to say. You don't want to be giving the players an excuse, or belief they genuinely aren't good enough (and some aren't:)).

Regards to outgoings,
It appears clear we have moved on with who makes the decisions and the level of ruthfulness employed evidenced by firstly Aurier Sissoko effing off for nothing and Dele LoCelso Ndombele being told 'see you later' in January.

Must admit that sometimes i find myself wondering why i have these expectations.
Not since probably the late 80s have i actually expected us to win anything.
I became accustomed to us being also rans, and was quite content with it. Looking at it i would say the club are same.
Poch and that squad raised our hopes, but in retrospect it was fleeting.
We, the fans, still have those expectations, GHod knows why but we do.

I’m a massive fan of his. I love his demeanour, his passion, his will to win and I like watching his teams. And I really want him to succeed for those reasons and because if he doesn’t, I think ENIC and Levy have literally nowhere else to go unless Uncle Joe has a Road to Damascus moment and opens his wallet. This is their last credible roll of the dice.

But that doesn’t mean Conte gets off Scot free for two performances like the last week. I am happy to hear him talking sensibly about the long term though.

Haven’t the last few weeks been vintage fudging Tottenham. The highest of highs against Leicester where we can’t sleep and I’m sacrificing my first born at the alter of Steven Bergwijn and then three poisonous performances to brick all over that. And yet, I looked at the league table this morning and a glimmer of hope returned.

It really has been a bad week. But, for some context, Southampton played incredibly well against us - that does seem to have been missed by some. They just went up to Old Trafford and took a well deserved point, 48 hours after our game. They are no mugs.

Yesterday was a sore one but I didn't come away from the game thinking Wolves are miles ahead of us. We absolutely killed ourselves giving away 2 goals like that and we looked shell shocked.

Jose wouldve thrown players under the bus for that kind of defending.

For my money, Conte has been telling it how he sees it since the day he arrived here. Expectations suddenly went through the roof after he arrived and we picked up some results but now things have settled down, the reality is that our squad is not ready for a top 4 challenge. Its going to take a lot of work to recover from the awful recruitment these past few years. The players are giving everything but they will come up short at times. COYS

It really has been a bad week. But, for some context, Southampton played incredibly well against us - that does seem to have been missed by some. They just went up to Old Trafford and took a well deserved point, 48 hours after our game. They are no mugs.

Yesterday was a sore one but I didn't come away from the game thinking Wolves are miles ahead of us. We absolutely killed ourselves giving away 2 goals like that and we looked shell shocked.

For my money, Conte has been telling it how he sees it since the day he arrived here. Expectations suddenly went through the roof after he arrived and we picked up some results but now things have settled down, the reality is that our squad is not ready for a top 4 challenge. Its going to take a lot of work to recover from the awful recruitment these past few years. The players are giving everything but they will come up short at times. COYS

I don't think the players are giving everything.
Top four is there for taking, comfortably actually in regards to points total.
And yet this lot, some of whom that have been moaning for years now about "us" not winning anything don't turn up. As soon as wolves went ahead yesterday the game was over.
There was no rallying each other, no one standing up and saying we got this, it was embarrassing.

Its there if we want it, but they don't want it enough.

I put "us" in qoutes because the players seldom take responsibility. Its always some one elses fault.
Chiellini was right.

I agree, I think the players are trying. What's annoying is a chance to grab 4 th is there this season, it wouldn't take much.

We really do have to reign in our expectations, whether that is from the dizzying heights of Poch or the thought that Conte must guarantee success. It's all pressure at the end of the day. We don't want to lose this guy.

And yet this lot, some of whom that have been moaning for years now about "us" not winning anything don't turn up. As soon as wolves went ahead yesterday the game was over.
There was no rallying each other, no one standing up and saying we got this, it was embarrassing.

I put "us" in qoutes because the players seldom take responsibility. Its always some one elses fault.
Chiellini was right.

Fair enough mate, we see it differently. Thought we gave it everything we had yesterday after the mess we'd made in the first 10 minutes.

Conte is ruthless when it comes to what he expects from his players, but he doesn't strike me as a particularly good tactician.
It seems that the 3-4-3 is the only formation he knows, and he insist on playing it, regardless of what players he has at his disposal. We simply don't have the right players for the 3-4-3. Our CB'S aren't a good fit (we have players for two out of the 3, but not a LCB). The 3-4-3 also requires some very very good CM's, who are equally good defensivly and offensively, and currently we only have 1 (Bentancour). The wingbacks also need to be both very good in defense and attack, and be able to provide goals and assists. We have none of those. The only thing we got is a capable front 3.

In my opinion it's just plain wrong to insist on playing a system which does not get the best out of the players you have.

It needs to be the other way around. You play a system that gets the best out of the players at your disposal.

Conte is ruthless when it comes to what he expects from his players, but he doesn't strike me as a particularly good tactician.
It seems that the 3-4-3 is the only formation he knows, and he insist on playing it, regardless of what players he has at his disposal. We simply don't have the right players for the 3-4-3. Our CB'S aren't a good fit (we have players for two out of the 3, but not a LCB). The 3-4-3 also requires some very very good CM's, who are equally good defensivly and offensively, and currently we only have 1 (Bentancour). The wingbacks also need to be both very good in defense and attack, and be able to provide goals and assists. We have none of those. The only thing we got is a capable front 3.

In my opinion it's just plain wrong to insist on playing a system which does not get the best out of the players you have.

It needs to be the other way around. You play a system that gets the best out of the players at your disposal.

We don't have a squad that's well set up to any system or formation imo. Quite a few different solutions have been tried over the lastt couple of years the only outcome has been inconsistency and calls for a different formation and system from the fans.

Conte is building and preparing for the future. Getting some of the pieces in place, seeing what he can do with the current lot within that system. Longer term I think that will be helpful and I don't see a good enough short term solution within the squad to make up for that.

Imo Conte is excellent tactically. He mostly sticks with a back three and wing backs. Sticking to mainly one base formation with some flexibility (midfield three vs. front three) isn't a sign of not being good tactically.

Chiellini was right.
The mistake you're making is thinking we are better than we are. Not trying hard isn't what made Lloris basically drop the ball at an attackers feet in the pen box, nor was it a lack of trying that made him squirm a hospital pass to Davis. Again it wasn't a lack of effort that led to him passing it directly to Wolves. All of that was down to a lack of quality of the action. With Lloris we know his passing and control are brick, it is what it is. Davis has always been a pretty poor passer of the ball as well.

Being 2-0 down so quickly against a tough to break down team was our issue. You can try all you want but how often do teams really come back from 2-0 down. Most of those that do are good teams, we aren't that yet. Or they are facing a relatively low quality side, Wolves are about as good as we were. It was never going to happen.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back