• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

His best interview ever. The last couple he did seem a bit down.

“My first target, I repeat, is to try to create a foundation for this team and for this club. The results are later,” he said.

“If you don’t have a good foundation, if you don’t create a good structure, then we speak about nothing. You can only hope.

“In this moment we have to work a lot. Compared to the past, I think we are now a bit better because we are more complete as a squad but the path in front of us is long.

“And it’s important to understand this, that we want to start to go on this path… this is the most important thing for me.

“To speak about to win the league, if you ask me about the race for the Champions League, my ambition is to win league. Not to go to the Champions League.

“My ambition is to be competitive, to fight to win. At this moment I know very well that the situation is different.

“And we are working very hard to try to improve the situation, to reduce the gap and also … the mistakes of the past, to try to make good solutions. To continue to improve.

“But I repeat to win and [have] a place in the Champions League, you can dream this, yes. But then you have to prepare the situation, to have this target … not only to start the season and say, ‘Ok, I hope to win this, I hope to win this, I hope to win this.’

“But do you have the structure to do this? Yes, you are ready. Or not, we are not ready.”

“But we will do everything to reach the best result,” he added. “For sure, we will do everything, from now until the end of the season to reach the best result for Tottenham.

“Because I think the fans deserve this. To see a team in every game give 100 and more per cent, to try to win and give satisfaction to our fans.

“But it would be very important that we know we have a long path in front of us, it’s important to have enthusiasm, all the environment must have enthusiasm because it would be very important especially for me.

“Because if I see enthusiasm and want to stay together from the start until the end, then I’m ready to fight against everything and to bring Tottenham in the best position.

“To bring Tottenham where Tottenham deserves. It’s important to create and that there is the right atmosphere.

“I know very well that our fans can be disappointed for many reasons. But I can tell them that we are working very hard to try to build a good future.

At fudging last.

Conte certainly doesn't sugar coat anything. Saying straight out that recent years transfers have been mistakes, and that he's there to prevent more mistakes.
That means he must be really confident that Kulu and Bentancour will be a success, otherwise he'd look a real arse.

Conte certainly doesn't sugar coat anything. Saying straight out that recent years transfers have been mistakes, and that he's there to prevent more mistakes.
That means he must be really confident that Kulu and Bentancour will be a success, otherwise he'd look a real arse.

He's seen them in serie a. Wanted kulu. Bentancur has 3 serie a titles.

But he did say they are young and for the future. So maybe in the summer he'll want more. Dunno. Lots of work to do. Lets just concentrate on brighton.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I think we'll lose today. Had that feeling all day. Of course I hope we'll smash them, but I think Brighton will be really up for it.

Back