• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Indeed - for all the yabs thrown at the defenders (Sanchez, Dier etc) - if the offence actually did their jobs in certain games and converted a higher percentage of chances, we would have been better off.
100%
The defence has had some errors of late but we have also been massively guilty of not scoring when we should

His best interview ever. The last couple he did seem a bit down.

“My first target, I repeat, is to try to create a foundation for this team and for this club. The results are later,” he said.

“If you don’t have a good foundation, if you don’t create a good structure, then we speak about nothing. You can only hope.

“In this moment we have to work a lot. Compared to the past, I think we are now a bit better because we are more complete as a squad but the path in front of us is long.

“And it’s important to understand this, that we want to start to go on this path… this is the most important thing for me.

“To speak about to win the league, if you ask me about the race for the Champions League, my ambition is to win league. Not to go to the Champions League.

“My ambition is to be competitive, to fight to win. At this moment I know very well that the situation is different.

“And we are working very hard to try to improve the situation, to reduce the gap and also … the mistakes of the past, to try to make good solutions. To continue to improve.

“But I repeat to win and [have] a place in the Champions League, you can dream this, yes. But then you have to prepare the situation, to have this target … not only to start the season and say, ‘Ok, I hope to win this, I hope to win this, I hope to win this.’

“But do you have the structure to do this? Yes, you are ready. Or not, we are not ready.”

“But we will do everything to reach the best result,” he added. “For sure, we will do everything, from now until the end of the season to reach the best result for Tottenham.

“Because I think the fans deserve this. To see a team in every game give 100 and more per cent, to try to win and give satisfaction to our fans.

“But it would be very important that we know we have a long path in front of us, it’s important to have enthusiasm, all the environment must have enthusiasm because it would be very important especially for me.

“Because if I see enthusiasm and want to stay together from the start until the end, then I’m ready to fight against everything and to bring Tottenham in the best position.

“To bring Tottenham where Tottenham deserves. It’s important to create and that there is the right atmosphere.

“I know very well that our fans can be disappointed for many reasons. But I can tell them that we are working very hard to try to build a good future.

Brilliant. Well said .

People are so invested in being against the owners they're dreaming up a conflict which doesn't exist

This too,

Would love to see him here - So that’s Bale, Eriksen, we need another LCB so let’s go for Verts and might aswell try and get Dembele out of retirement too whilst we are at it :D…..

If Eriksen can get over a heart attack and play, no reason Hoddle can't. He doesn't need to run anyway, just feed him the ball and he'll put it on a sixpence for Kane and Sonny.

I think Antonio made many good decisions again yesterday - most notably bringing on Bentancur for Hojbjerg (and not for Winks) when we needed it. We really missed Skipp. But he also made one tactical mistake in my view, and that was to put Romero in the middle of the three. I was surprised against Brighton to see that Romero played on the right, with Sanchez in the middle, but last night showed why that worked better than the other way around. To have Sanchez and Emerson, two players who are uncomfortable on the ball, together on one flank is leading to mistakes and to an increasing feeling of uncertainty. So many attacks from Southampton came from that side of the pitch, and in the second half Sanchez in particular appeared to have lost all confidence in possession. I believe Romero played pretty well again yesterday, but he would have been better employed on the right to help out Emerson.

Conte probably had good reasons, but personally I would've axed both Højbjerg and Royal at half time. Bentancour showed he was an improvement and any player would've been better than Royal yesterday. Doherty might not be the second coming of Jesus, but he's an all right full back. Very strange that he didn't get any game time.

Europeans just shouldn't wear baseball hats. We're far to civilised for that. Think this might turn out to be a gillet moment for his career with us.

Back