• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

We spent around £200m in Conte’s first two windows (if you include the £20m final fee for Kulu) - do you not consider that fully backing him, within the bounds of what we can realistically afford? (Not to mention Porro this window too). Yes Conte didn’t get a top CB, but we’re not an owner-funded club who can splash big money on every position of need in a single season.
We could have spent a billion quid on players he didn't want, so spending 200 million if he's got Lenglet instead of Gvardiol is not backing him. Conte asks for specific players, and if he doesn't get them he doesn't play them.

We could have spent a billion quid on players he didn't want, so spending 200 million if he's got Lenglet instead of Gvardiol is not backing him. Conte asks for specific players, and if he doesn't get them he doesn't play them.

Who said he specifically asked for gvardiol? Also there will always be 3 parties involved in a transfer with a fee. The buying club, the selling club and the player. All 3 have to be in agreement for a transfer to go ahead.

By your logic no manager has been backed for any club. Because there will always be a player they didn't get.

But my point is that to buy all the players Conte would ideally like in one season would cost much more than £200m, which we can’t afford. Gvardiol would have cost much more than the £0 we spent on Lenglet. I don’t think anyone can say the club haven’t fully backed Conte just because we haven’t spent hundreds of millions on getting him the best players in every position. That’s just not realistic.

But my point is that to buy all the players Conte would ideally like in one season would cost much more than £200m, which we can’t afford. Gvardiol would have cost much more than the £0 we spent on Lenglet. I don’t think anyone can say the club haven’t fully backed Conte just because we haven’t spent hundreds of millions on getting him the best players in every position. That’s just not realistic.
I don't know if we fully backed him, but it is obvious that the club did it's best to back him. Moreso than any other manager in recent memory. Any other good manager in the same position would have gotten more out of this squad than he did.

Its weird. I get ‘the club’ wanting to sign a young player like Spence on a good deal - might be a good investment. Why would ‘the club’ want to loan a player that the manager doesn’t want?
Because they noticed he'd run the same 12/13 to exhaustion, and had seen how effective Sarr and Gil were in early Jan when they finally got game time by default

Conte calling for patience would have maybe a single shred of credibility *if he did the same* - this is the most nonsensical bit of his rant today.

The fans pay thousands every year to be there, support the team - 61,000 of them showed up on Wednesday to watch him and his team's abject surrender without a single credible moment of effort in the entire game. This, after similarly dismal results against SU and Wolves that showed everyone exactly what to expect. But they came anyway.

Whereas Conte is on a contract that expires in less than three months, and refuses to sign a new one. Where in the everloving fudge does he get the gall to ask the fans for patience and time when he doesn't demonstrate *any* for Tottenham Hotspur? The fans *pay* you to watch your terrible brick-on-a-stick tactics - do you realize this?

Its weird. I get ‘the club’ wanting to sign a young player like Spence on a good deal - might be a good investment. Why would ‘the club’ want to loan a player that the manager doesn’t want?

See my reply above. He's a loan.

If conte doesn't want a player he has a veto. But as we saw him say in the summer if someone leaves they need to be replaced.

fudge knows
Shows how datached conte is from the club

He's trolling us, lads.

There are many players, also young players, that need to go step by step to grow. We are trying to build something important but if you don’t have patience, it is un-useful

And how exactly will they grow, IF YOU DON'T fudging PLAY THEM??? Sarr has been excellent and he only played because all our midfielders were out. Spence was loaned and is doing wonderful at Rennes, but didn't even get a sniff, not even in a cup game with 3rd tier opposition. Gil put in some good performances when he got more than a few minutes and was promptly loaned out. Are you fudging kidding me???

“It’s difficult for me to realise [live] this situation because I am putting [in] everything, me and the staff. At the same time, I understand that maybe it’s not enough. If I have to become [for] the people to take as a target? No. I am not this person. You understand?”

afraid not, Antonio

Back