• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I get that
Except Gil plays rugby and Danjuma left
But it doesn’t change the fact that clame conte is a subborn fool

Ok i'll over look the rugby part. But gil has played 50 times on the left and 41 on the right. Moura is back from injury and plays on the right. So we needed cover for the left as richarlison is cover for kane.

Ok i'll over look the rugby part. But gil has played 50 times on the left and 41 on the right. Moura is back from injury and plays on the right. So we needed cover for the left as richarlison is cover for kane.
Moura is back and is worse than Gil ever was
Richarlson can play central but we would still need Kane to create for him
Yep…. It’s conte making poor decisions, again

The only thing he went wrong there was that we should be beating sheff utd and even milan. Otherwise it's what he's said from the beginning. Have patience, it's going to take time to build a team strong enough.
You get patience when the fans see some progress. When you commit to the cause and don't leave everyone in limbo trying to guess if you will be here next season. But you're not going to get patience when you get a better squad only to go backwards. And you're not going to get patience when your fudging system needs every fudging piece to be in place, in order to work. It's like developing a software program and not being able to run it until the entire damn thing has been built. Asking for more and more funding to finish it without demonstrating a single piece of functionality. That's nuts.

Poch deserved our patience, because every year and with nowhere near the backing that Conte has gotten, he delivered something better. And even when the performances dropped, he delivered a CL final. And he bled Spurs. He deserved every ounce of our patience and then some. What has Conte done to deserve our patience?

You get patience when the fans see some progress. When you commit to the cause and don't leave everyone in limbo trying to guess if you will be here next season. But you're not going to get patience when you get a better squad only to go backwards. And you're not going to get patience when your fudging system needs every fudging piece to be in place, in order to work. It's like developing a software program and not being able to run it until the entire damn thing has been built. Asking for more and more funding to finish it without demonstrating a single piece of functionality. That's nuts.

Poch deserved our patience, because every year and with nowhere near the backing that Conte has gotten, he delivered something better. And even when the performances dropped, he delivered a CL final. And he bled Spurs. He deserved every ounce of our patience and then some. What has Conte done to deserve our patience?

having been involved in a few software development projects, that’s pretty normal :D

No disagreement from me. At the beginning of the season i think we all felt we'd kick on. Which we haven't. We regressed. The form of son and lloris didn't help. Neither did injuries but we should have done better and not been so negative. That's on him and he'll most likely pay the price for it. But he said from the beginning it would take time and asked for patience.

Poch is a different story and i would have personally given him more time.

The only thing he went wrong there was that we should be beating sheff utd and even milan. Otherwise it's what he's said from the beginning. Have patience, it's going to take time to build a team strong enough.

Alright, I’ll show some patience. Until June, when the clam ups and leaves.

fudge him, fudge his patronising flimflam. Commit to the club or fudge off.

Alright, I’ll show some patience. Until June, when the clam ups and leaves.

fudge him, fudge his patronising flimflam. Commit to the club or fudge off.

Not saying you have to show patience. Just he didn't really say anything wrong. Apart from the fact we should have beat sheff utd and milan. We might not be at citys level, but we should be able to beat them.

But my point is that to buy all the players Conte would ideally like in one season would cost much more than £200m, which we can’t afford. Gvardiol would have cost much more than the £0 we spent on Lenglet. I don’t think anyone can say the club haven’t fully backed Conte just because we haven’t spent hundreds of millions on getting him the best players in every position. That’s just not realistic.
So not buying the players he wants when he wants them is fully backing a manager known for wanting what he wants when he wants? What if Levy had then some of the Djed Spence money ('a club signing') and put that towards Gvardiol? And what about spending ALL the extra money ENIC ponied up, which he didn't?

Conte pulled off a miracle there, but make no mistake, some have never forgotten/stopped thinking about what a monumentous fudge up sacking/not properly backing Poch was.

conte's top 4 was poch's CL final. miracles that plastered over the terrible football.

Not that hard to see the logic

- Club wants the no trophy monkey off their back
- Stadium was coming online, there would be more money to spend
- Jose got handicapped to start by Covid cutting the available money
- Both ultimately have proved the game has largely passed them by, and their tactics without a perfect team to follow are horrendous
But we knew we didn't have a perfect team for either of them. It was no great leap to think it wouldn't work beforehand. They were both just bad judgement calls by the leadership and bad appointments.

Hopefully we learn from this (yeah right) and the next appointment is of somehow who actually fits our model. That does assume the higher ups actually understand what the model they are pursuing is.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

So not buying the players he wants when he wants them is fully backing a manager known for wanting what he wants when he wants? What if Levy had then some of the Djed Spence money ('a club signing') and put that towards Gvardiol? And what about spending ALL the extra money ENIC ponied up, which he didn't?

What if Gvardiol doesn’t want to join us, the most likely situation? What do we do then?

I think this is absolutely a contributing factor. The truth is, when we speak about Conte being ‘backed’ and see players like Lenglet, Spence and Danjuma, it is clear that is not the case. I am NOT denigrating those payers, in fact, I think another manager could do very well with Spence and possibly Danjuma too, but the point is I cannot imagine Conte had them atop his ‘want’ list. That being said, it was clear he was not doing well when the World Cup rocked up, and courageous clubs would’ve done something then knowing what they knew. What a giant mess it all is.

I’m not sure where the extension on his contract is. Have we not presented him with the option, or has he made it clear he doesn’t want to sign one, at least until he sees what is up in the summer? That truth is the key to all of it. My hunch? Equal blame and subsequent caution which has led to this.

I’m not sure where the extension on his contract is. Have we not presented him with the option, or has he made it clear he doesn’t want to sign one, at least until he sees what is up in the summer? That truth is the key to all of it. My hunch? Equal blame and subsequent caution which has led to this.
I could be wrong but I read somewhere that Conte didn't want to talk about his contract. So everything was put on hold.

I think this is absolutely a contributing factor. The truth is, when we speak about Conte being ‘backed’ and see players like Lenglet, Spence and Danjuma, it is clear that is not the case. I am NOT denigrating those payers, in fact, I think another manager could do very well with Spence and possibly Danjuma too, but the point is I cannot imagine Conte had them atop his ‘want’ list. That being said, it was clear he was not doing well when the World Cup rocked up, and courageous clubs would’ve done something then knowing what they knew. What a giant mess it all is.

Its the same as it always is. If you're a very top side and manage to bring in quality players then an adaptable coach will find a way to adjust their system to fit them in. Alas Conte is not an adjustable coach, so he wants just the players that he wants that have the qualities he specifically desires.

Again i probably seem like a broken record but none of this re Conte is unknown. You have to get what he wants specifically or he will sulk and potentially make his position untenable.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Spence was £12.5m - not really close to Gvardiol money. And I always presumed the extra ENIC money was to cover the covid losses / debt - not all spending money (we lost about £200m due to covid).

You make it sound as if we should always be able to ‘buy the players he wants when he wants them’. But a) they might not want to come here, and b) we have financial limitations. It’s just unrealistic, and I think an unfair thing to hold against the club. I think we’ve backed him as well as we can. Why wouldn’t we have?

Last edited:
Back