• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

He has to be leaving, no one in their right mind would think its a good idea or good prep to be on the 7th March and not have the manager signed down for the next season if that was eithers intent.

You're absolutely right, but then what's the point in keeping him around for the rest of the season? We're only in the top 4 because other teams have been awful. That's changing and we will soon be 5th and probably out of all cups. Give Conte's replacement (Poch) an extra bit of time to assess things and put us all out of a 3-4-3 misery.

Pochettino is the manager directly responsible for the circumstances having changed since 2015. We would be in serious trouble now had he not delivered those 4 CL qualifications in a row ahead of schedule when having virtually no money to spend. That period under him was a game changer for the club overall. He more than anyone deserves at least the chance to try to do something spectacular now that the club has an amount of money to spend reasonably commensurate with the size and ambition of the club. Maybe he can again seriously overachieve but this time with the added benefit of having a decent recruitment team at the club and some money to spend that overachievement would result in trophies as well as CL qualifications.
Once he has some distance from transfers

You're absolutely right, but then what's the point in keeping him around for the rest of the season? We're only in the top 4 because other teams have been awful. That's changing and we will soon be 5th and probably out of all cups. Give Conte's replacement (Poch) an extra bit of time to assess things and put us all out of a 3-4-3 misery.

I think Levy is giving him this week as a decisive week, win against Milan, win at the weekend and the club wins and he gets a stay of execution, we lose and Cote gets the executioner...bit of a free shot TBH and a perfect excuse to make a change

Saw Conte's face beaming at me on the BBC website and felt energised. Then read the message boards who have resigned themselves to him leaving and the media who are doing likewise and now I'm deflated again.

He's going isn't he?

Saw Conte's face beaming at me on the BBC website and felt energised. Then read the message boards who have resigned themselves to him leaving and the media who are doing likewise and now I'm deflated again.

He's going isn't he?

Hmm, I am not so sure - but am probably in a minority of 1!

Maybe having spent time back with his family he's realised he prefers being away from them!

He's going isn't he?

To me it looks like wishful thinking by some people. Unless Conte wants to leave now I can’t see him being sacked when we’re in with a good chance of getting top 4 for the second year in a row. Even if we go out tomorrow night.

Hmm, I am not so sure - but am probably in a minority of 1!

Maybe having spent time back with his family he's realised he prefers being away from them!

Or maybe he's signed his pre-contract with Milan while he's been based there convalescing, and now knows the result for him tomorrow is a win either way?

----------------Keeper----------------

Porro--Romero--New CB--Destiny

-----------Skippy--Benta------------

-----Deki-----New AM-----Son----

-----------------Kane-------------------

Would take that all day long, get in a Bastoni and Maddison type and its sexy AF TBH
I think even with players as easily/cheaply' available as Ndicka and Alex Scott in that would give us a nice balance.
I think Sessegnon is more likely to be the LB than Udogie, especially initially. I think it would be a bit much to expect such a young player to come from overseas and be able to perform immediately.
Dominik Livakovic would be a great option for our new keeper I think and he is the right age and has the right level of experience to come and play for us. He would probably cost no more than £15m to £20m.

I think even with players as easily/cheaply' available as Ndicka and Alex Scott in that would give us a nice balance.
I think Sessegnon is more likely to be the LB than Udogie, especially initially. I think it would be a bit much to expect such a young player to come from overseas and be able to perform immediately.
Dominik Livakovic would be a great option for our new keeper I think and he is the right age and has the right level of experience to come and play for us. He would probably cost no more than £15m to £20m.
But your talking about sensible business in alternative markets
We haven’t actually done that under Paratici so far
He loves italy and hasn’t really cast his net that wide on actual purchases
Not for first teamers anyway
There is co much untapped talent across multiple countries if we’re looking

----------------Keeper----------------

Porro--Romero--New CB--Destiny

-----------Skippy--Benta------------

-----Deki-----New AM-----Son----

-----------------Kane-------------------

Would take that all day long, get in a Bastoni and Maddison type and its sexy AF TBH

Scott from Bristol looks ready to step up and hasn’t got the injury issues of a Maddison. Either would be great and we can also play Kane or Kulu there too. I’d offer Devine to Bristol on loan as part of a move
In a back 4 there are quite a few decent LCBs available and some are even free (Ndicka). I’d also look at wolves for Kilman who is also HG
I think keeper wise again we have options to look at
We would still need IMO another wide forward to replace Moura unless we believe Gil will make it… I’m not sure yet. Zaha on a free would be good business even for those who don’t rate him

But your talking about sensible business in alternative markets
We haven’t actually done that under Paratici so far
He loves italy and hasn’t really cast his net that wide on actual purchases
Not for first teamers anyway
There is co much untapped talent across multiple countries if we’re looking

I know you say first teamers, but Sarr from the bottom of the French league, Spence from the Championship and Gil & Royale from Spain are a reasonable spread. Porro from Portugal too, although that's a well-trodden path of signing players who we've just played again in Europe.

I'd really like to see us recruit direct from South America. I know we were in the mix for Alverez, but it's better getting £10-15m players from there, rather than from Spain a year later for five times the price.

I know you say first teamers, but Sarr from the bottom of the French league, Spence from the Championship and Gil & Royale from Spain are a reasonable spread. Porro from Portugal too, although that's a well-trodden path of signing players who we've just played again in Europe.

I'd really like to see us recruit direct from South America. I know we were in the mix for Alverez, but it's better getting £10-15m players from there, rather than from Spain a year later for five times the price.

Well our scout resigned after telling the world we were after that colombian gk.

Scott from Bristol looks ready to step up and hasn’t got the injury issues of a Maddison. Either would be great and we can also play Kane or Kulu there too. I’d offer Devine to Bristol on loan as part of a move
In a back 4 there are quite a few decent LCBs available and some are even free (Ndicka). I’d also look at wolves for Kilman who is also HG
I think keeper wise again we have options to look at
We would still need IMO another wide forward to replace Moura unless we believe Gil will make it… I’m not sure yet. Zaha on a free would be good business even for those who don’t rate him
I don't think we'll have a great deal in the way of transfer funds this summer as the fees for both Kulusevski and Porro will start to land from this summer and that is already about £75m of committed funds. Looking at the Bosman market might therefore prove to be sensible, especially as we would seem to have a lot of room left to increase our wage bill.

As well as Livakovic, Ndicka and Scott I'd like to see the club go for Marcus Thuram as an alternative to Son the left hand side (would seem better business than paying £30m for Danjuma, unless there is a swap deal to be done there with Lo Celso going the other way maybe?). Kamada from Frankfurt could be another sensible Bosman signing to give another attacking midfield option as having only Alex Scott would be a lot of responsibility on the shoulders of a 19 year old, though if Pochettino came back it wouldn't actually completely surprise me if he decided to give Ndombele a go there. Asensio on a freebie from Real Madrid would also be a better option as cover on the right side of the attack in terms of quality than Bryan Gill, though the low transfer fee we'd likely get for Gill combined with a no doubt high wage for Asensio might make that deal not worth doing. Maybe we'd be better off using Royal and Spence as the RB options and having Porro as an alternative to Kulusevski?

3 of them were unproven “youth” players IMO

when you look at the real money it’s played who come in on big salaries and fees generally

From Italy we have
Romero
Kulu
Bentacur
Perisic
All first team now
Plus destiny to come

we have Porro in the proven high cost bracket

Gil will end up costing us a lot but was deffo one for the future imo. He won’t be on huge wages

then you have the prem signings like

Richarlison and Bissouma who are both £50m players on salaries of that bracket too
Again not too “clever or risky” signings in theory. And both will IMO be better with a new leader

I don't think we'll have a great deal in the way of transfer funds this summer as the fees for both Kulusevski and Porro will start to land from this summer and that is already about £75m of committed funds. Looking at the Bosman market might therefore prove to be sensible, especially as we would seem to have a lot of room left to increase our wage bill.

As well as Livakovic, Ndicka and Scott I'd like to see the club go for Marcus Thuram as an alternative to Son the left hand side (would seem better business than paying £30m for Danjuma, unless there is a swap deal to be done there with Lo Celso going the other way maybe?). Kamada from Frankfurt could be another sensible Bosman signing to give another attacking midfield option as having only Alex Scott would be a lot of responsibility on the shoulders of a 19 year old, though if Pochettino came back it wouldn't actually completely surprise me if he decided to give Ndombele a go there. Asensio on a freebie from Real Madrid would also be a better option as cover on the right side of the attack in terms of quality than Bryan Gill, though the low transfer fee we'd likely get for Gill combined with a no doubt high wage for Asensio might make that deal not worth doing. Maybe we'd be better off using Royal and Spence as the RB options and having Porro as an alternative to Kulusevski?
Again another example of options that don’t cost mega money

Back