• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Frank would really worry me. The football that Brentford play is 'small club' football that I don't think would work at all well at Spurs. Maybe Frank knows that is the only way that he can keep a club with Brentford's budget in the PL and would use different tactics at Spurs but I don't think we can take the risk of finding out.

I would rather have De Zerbi or Schmidt than Frank. Would be happy with either of your other two suggestions though I would turn the job down if I was Pochettino after being so badly treated previously.
Why is the football "small club" football or what the hell is small club football?

Are we not an underperforming team too?

Underperforming: Us, Liverpool, Chelsea
Outperforming: Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine
About right; City, Man U

With the squad we've got, we should be ahead of United.

Arsenal are fluking it like Leicester did, which you can't account for.

United though have a much weaker squad than us, but are just better coached and more motivated.

With the squad we've got, we should be ahead of United.

Arsenal are fluking it like Leicester did, which you can't account for.

United though have a much weaker squad than us, but are just better coached and more motivated.
Utd don't have a weaker squad, it's fairly even. Picking a team from both squads playing 4-2-3-1 it would be a roughly 50/50 split between the two.

People think we should be happy because we are 4th in the league, but I think we are there by default with so many teams underperforming in a bad league with just 2 very good teams.

I’m not saying we should be happy we’re 4th especially when the football is poor. I’m saying I don’t see Conte sacked when we’re 4th going into the last 12 games.

I sold my tickets for tonight. Quite a sad state of affairs that I generally am just not that fussed about watching us right now.

I think we will win, we should be able to beat a poor Milan team. But i worry we're just limping on this season, we'll win some, because we have some great players and the league's best striker, but we'll lose some, and just slowly drip.

Put simply it's a bit like the end days of several managers but definitely like AVB where Bale was simply saving what was quite a poor team. that's what it feels like with Kane.

I sold my tickets for tonight. Quite a sad state of affairs that I generally am just not that fussed about watching us right now.

I think we will win, we should be able to beat a poor Milan team. But i worry we're just limping on this season, we'll win some, because we have some great players and the league's best striker, but we'll lose some, and just slowly drip.

Put simply it's a bit like the end days of several managers but definitely like AVB where Bale was simply saving what was quite a poor team. that's what it feels like with Kane.

I agree about the lack of emotion and numbness which our football brings. I'm the same and I dont celebrate our goals anything like I used to.

I dont agree thouh that Milan are poor. Tonalli and Leao are very decent players and would walk into our team; we'd kill for a WB like Hernandez. The keeper is decent too.

The things that sway me to Poch coming back in the summer assuming Conte leaves are
1. His brand of football
2. There's a more realistic possibility of him staying for 5-10 years than a lot of managers
3. He actively wants to manage Spurs and would be genuinely proud to be our manager. His comments from a few years ago, repeated at the end of hte article below, are great to see and help create than bond between manager, players and fans

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...l-return-Tottenham-Antonio-Conte-departs.html

I agree about the lack of emotion and numbness which our football brings. I'm the same and I dont celebrate our goals anything like I used to.

I dont agree thouh that Milan are poor. Tonalli and Leao are very decent players and would walk into our team; we'd kill for a WB like Hernandez. The keeper is decent too.

sorry i should have clarified, i think we have a team more than capable of beating Milan. But a system that is broken.

I’m not saying we should be happy we’re 4th especially when the football is poor. I’m saying I don’t see Conte sacked when we’re 4th going into the last 12 games.
I agree, although I'm hardly enamoured with what I'm witnessing every week, Id be reluctant to roll the dice before the end of the season. On balance you're probably better sticking with Conte if you want a chance of fourth. Especially if we end up back to one game a week.

The things that sway me to Poch coming back in the summer assuming Conte leaves are
1. His brand of football
2. There's a more realistic possibility of him staying for 5-10 years than a lot of managers
3. He actively wants to manage Spurs and would be genuinely proud to be our manager. His comments from a few years ago, repeated at the end of hte article below, are great to see and help create than bond between manager, players and fans

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...l-return-Tottenham-Antonio-Conte-departs.html

Reading those Poch comments from 2020 again in our current position, I cannot imagine that Levy will look any further for a new manager should Conte leave in the summer.

Why the obsession with gallardo? He's been manager of river plate for 8 years and only won the league once. That's like being in charge of real madrid and only winning the league once.
Klopp had won 2 league titles in Germany (and that's just with Dortmund; not even counting Mainz) in roughly the same span as Gallardo and fewer major trophies overall (3 vs 7 for Gallardo), but he was still considered a top manager. Nagelsmann hadn't won anything when he was appointed to manage Bayern, but he was still considered a top manager. Poch hadn't won anything with Spurs or Soton, but he was still considered a great manager (if anything, his stint with PSG, where he won trophies, may have tarnished his image a bit).

So I don't think you can judge a manager, especially one as young as Gallardo, simply on trophies.

Are we not an underperforming team too?

Underperforming: Us, Liverpool, Chelsea
Outperforming: Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine
About right; City, Man U
Well Liverpool and Chelsea are underperforming because they've won/bought the league recently. How often do we finish higher than fourth? I appreciate Poch had us above fourth after he had time to build a team, but finished fifth in his first full season, and Conte currently has us at fourth in his. Do you mean frustrating rather than underperforming? If we were playing amazing attacking entertaining football, but results still had us fourth, would you still call us underperforming?

Klopp had won 2 league titles in Germany (and that's just with Dortmund; not even counting Mainz) in roughly the same span as Gallardo and fewer major trophies overall (3 vs 7 for Gallardo), but he was still considered a top manager. Nagelsmann hadn't won anything when he was appointed to manage Bayern, but he was still considered a top manager. Poch hadn't won anything with Spurs or Soton, but he was still considered a great manager (if anything, his stint with PSG, where he won trophies, may have tarnished his image a bit).

So I don't think you can judge a manager, especially one as young as Gallardo, simply on trophies.

Because byern is by far the biggest team in germany. As river plate are the biggest team in argentina winning the league 36 times.

The Argentinian league is much more competitive in its own right with more than just a Barcelona and Real equivalent. Velez, Racing, San Lorenzo etc are all very game sides in that league, games changed massively out there

Because byern is by far the biggest team in germany. As river plate are the biggest team in argentina winning the league 36 times.
I'm not sure I understand the equivalency here. You seem to be conflating that Bayern can afford to hire any manager, because they're the biggest team in Germany, with Gallardo winning with River, because it's the biggest team in Argentina. Those are two different things.

Regardless, do you really think that because Bayern is by far the biggest team in Germany, they're just going to appoint anyone? Nagelsmann was considered a top manager before they appointed him. We would have been ecstatic had we landed him.

And River is not as dominant in Argentina as you think. Since 2000 they have won 5 league titles out of 39, what with the Apertura and Clausura being considered a league title.

Back