• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

You back Conte but would you back these players? [emoji30][emoji28]

On a serious note it's shocking we aren't worse considering how poorly we've done up till now. It does give us a bit of wriggle room to get things back on track if we can hit a vein of chance creation and goal scoring.

Might back these players after a few weeks under Conte's instruction and the tender mercies of his fitness coaches.

Such a shame that we didn't go the extra mile and get this guy back in the Summer.... I think it would've resulted in a top 4 PL finish this season.

Still, better late than never and with a bit of backing in January I think we can secure some sort of European football for next season and then look to push on properly the following season with a decent number of the current squad fully immersed in Conte's tactics and some new faces purchased who fit into his system. Please do all that you can to keep Conte happy Paratici and Levy as, if you do, Conte will pretty much guarantee that we'll win a trophy or two.

With these players? You underestimate the amount of work this squad needs.

I think this might be the quote you mean: "things happened behind the scenes at Tottenham, which I don’t really want to go into, but I needed to move on from that." (July 2019)

But I think he later then said it was about Poch being lukewarm when he asked about his future at the start of that summer: "I spoke to the manager about his plans and I didn't get a 'yes' and I didn't get a 'no'—so you get the impression. The manager didn't say he wanted to move me on and I tried to speak to the chairman about it. It's not nice when you know the club want to sell you. I heard rumours about them selling me and it's not nice but it happens and it's football. It's disappointing. I gave everything for the club and I wanted to stay." (Sept 2019)
Trippier was a good player and better than some we have now.I was surprised when we sold him.

Might back these players after a few weeks under Conte's instruction and the tender mercies of his fitness coaches.
Think some might be surprised what a bit of proper coaching might do to this squad. Not saying we’ll be on title winning form by 1st Jan but I reckon we’ll see an improvement on the 7-9th position Nuno had us in.

Then let’s see what the Jan window brings.

Really interesting bit about Mason from 35:52
And the recounting about the swift transformation in atmosphere post-appointment of Conte

The fact that even the players on international duty, have been given extra training. On top of what they do with their national squads.

The interview with lukaku was great aswell. I got slated for saying he looked lazy at utd. Fair enough. He looked overweight and sluggish. As do many of our players (yes kane). Where he said yes he trained him hard but gave encouragement every step of the way was brilliant. Explains why he is doing things, that there is a plan. To the players not in the team. He explains why and gives them a path.

Think some might be surprised what a bit of proper coaching might do to this squad. Not saying we’ll be on title winning form by 1st Jan but I reckon we’ll see an improvement on the 7-9th position Nuno had us in.

Then let’s see what the Jan window brings.
Change is attitude is harder to achieve. Relationship ls may be gone too far to repair, even professional ones. I think it will happen when Conte brings in and sells a few players to add competition and humility.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

The interview with lukaku was great aswell. I got slated for saying he looked lazy at utd. Fair enough. He looked overweight and sluggish. As do many of our players (yes kane). Where he said yes he trained him hard but gave encouragement every step of the way was brilliant. Explains why he is doing things, that there is a plan. To the players not in the team. He explains why and gives them a path.

Absolutely. It's the ideal way of doing things and I suppose that it is a shame that it seems to stand out as being unusual rather than being the norm.
I'm grateful that we have got a man in who seems to exemplify this ideal method.

His behaviour during the difficult training sessions is worthy of note, because I can totally believe that is unusual. That the majority would passively observe or even denigrate a little as some struggle.

Levy wants Poch big time however I think with the summer gone and Poch doing his thing in PSG there is no rush however the 18 month contracts are telling, its a win win.

In my opinion only, Fab and Conte did a job on Levy when it all fell apart, Nuno and the squad depth were laid bare for all to see and now Levy cant ignore it, Conte had alot more to bargain with coming now rather than Summer.

I have to say it seems odd to appoint Conte if you really are still pining for Poch. Chalk and cheese manager in terms of how they talk publicly and how they react to how things go wrt spending...it's one thing to have Nuno as a (relatively cheap) interim, but to have Conte who will liely cost far more??
Seems like we might be going round in circles again, especially as i think Poch would rather get the Man Utd job than come back to us...

I hope i'm wrong on many levels here, but this just doesn't feel right

I have to say it seems odd to appoint Conte if you really are still pining for Poch. Chalk and cheese manager in terms of how they talk publicly and how they react to how things go wrt spending...it's one thing to have Nuno as a (relatively cheap) interim, but to have Conte who will liely cost far more??
Seems like we might be going round in circles again, especially as i think Poch would rather get the Man Utd job than come back to us...

Yeh its a mess but a mess that stems from the summer, Conte was coming and then Poch came back for holidays and they flirted with the idea and it all went cold plus other things, so we ended up with Nuno. Conte is only on an 18 month contract with a view to one more so its still very much wait and see, if it works we win, if it dont Levy wins and gets Poch, for him its a win win

I don't think it's in the slightest bit odd. Conte wasn't given the job in the summer because Levy didn't know what finances would look like this winter, now with a low chance of another lockdown we're ready to go.
Conte has also said he needed a rest after Inter, whether true or not I don't know but the guy is intense I'd imagine he did need a break.
For me this is the perfect appointment at the perfect time and I think Levy has played a blinder.
Paratici in place, lots of Serie A talent available on the cheap and a manager despite opinion to the contrary is great at working with what he's got and will get players willing to run through brick walls for him, In that regard similar to Poch. He makes good players better and average players good, also similar to Poch.
Of course there's a certain amount of guess work re: Levy/finances, we'll see in Jan and the summer I guess.

Seriously? They are going to used in games?!

I thought they were some kind of training ball to increase concentration or something.
They'll blend in with the advertising boards.
Yep they'll be used in game. I think there is a white version but still with the worms/squiggles on it.
Football design should have stopped at the Adidas Tango, it was perfect.

Seriously? They are going to used in games?!

I thought they were some kind of training ball to increase concentration or something.
They'll blend in with the advertising boards.
Blends in well with our keepers Jersey.
ad556f7e6111548ddc214b11944f258e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back