• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

His interview post Everton game outlines his thoughts and clarifies next steps ...
- realises the enormity of the challenge here (smiles and almost looks to the heavens)
- observes many mistakes in the final ball delivery (wingers/midfield? )
- building on stability, hence no change in formation or starting lineup.
- lots of work, players accepting instructions and trying hard (suffering)
- the goal now is to narrow the gap with the top four (is this his assessment of the capabilities of the team now and an indication that we need to buy to do better?)

One thing that struck me about the players we have is that they may not like each other or there is a huge dressing room rift. I mean in playing football one seeks naturally to attack, to try to link up and do something better than the opposition. Currently the players are trying, but they are doing it mostly by themselves not believing in creating more in the group.

The idea of a toxic workplace comes to mind where self survival is everyone's top priority and there is little will to allow for others to get ahead if it means widening a performance or achievement gap, perceived or not. Maybe I'm seeing too much of my own past, and projecting it onto this team. But it's a plausible answer as to why the more notable of this bunch looks so bad together but fly when they are with their fellow compatriots in the national team.

They just don't enjoy playing with each other.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Really good observation re: squad unity. You won’t need to guess where I think such splits took off, but I have noticed a little edginess here and there, and I get the impression PEH has some issues with people.

And next season we got 2 points from 8 games.

How many points from how many games did you say?

harry-redknapp-waiting.gif

‘I think this club has had a great vision outside the pitch and now it has to start to have a great vision on the pitch — on the football,’ said Conte. ‘I think this is important if we have to win. ‘The club has chosen me and I am honoured but, at the same time, I know I need time to work and to change something on the pitch. Outside the pitch, it’s fantastic, it’s great. Maybe too much. I must be honest. We need to change many things. We need to work to improve many aspects. For every player, not just one, two or three. Every player needs to work to improve physical condition to get into my idea of football. They need to increase their capacity to suffer. It is always traumatic when a club changes a coach in the middle of a season. I have found with the players a desire to work but two or three days of training is a short time to answer these questions. I hope that the attitude and commitment continues for the rest of the season. We will need that if we want to change a negative into a positive.’

He's not playing games.

‘I think this club has had a great vision outside the pitch and now it has to start to have a great vision on the pitch — on the football,’ said Conte. ‘I think this is important if we have to win. ‘The club has chosen me and I am honoured but, at the same time, I know I need time to work and to change something on the pitch. Outside the pitch, it’s fantastic, it’s great. Maybe too much. I must be honest. We need to change many things. We need to work to improve many aspects. For every player, not just one, two or three. Every player needs to work to improve physical condition to get into my idea of football. They need to increase their capacity to suffer. It is always traumatic when a club changes a coach in the middle of a season. I have found with the players a desire to work but two or three days of training is a short time to answer these questions. I hope that the attitude and commitment continues for the rest of the season. We will need that if we want to change a negative into a positive.’

He's not playing games.
Such a shame that we didn't go the extra mile and get this guy back in the Summer.... I think it would've resulted in a top 4 PL finish this season.

Still, better late than never and with a bit of backing in January I think we can secure some sort of European football for next season and then look to push on properly the following season with a decent number of the current squad fully immersed in Conte's tactics and some new faces purchased who fit into his system. Please do all that you can to keep Conte happy Paratici and Levy as, if you do, Conte will pretty much guarantee that we'll win a trophy or two.

Such a shame that we didn't go the extra mile and get this guy back in the Summer.... I think it would've resulted in a top 4 PL finish this season.

Still, better late than never and with a bit of backing in January I think we can secure some sort of European football for next season and then look to push on properly the following season with a decent number of the current squad fully immersed in Conte's tactics and some new faces purchased who fit into his system. Please do all that you can to keep Conte happy Paratici and Levy as, if you do, Conte will pretty much guarantee that we'll win a trophy or two.

I still think it could. There's still a fair chance of finishing 4th

We're only 6 points off 4th, with 81 points to play for. Everything is possible.

I'd back Conte to get at least 7 more points than Moyes at West Ham over the remainder of the season. And more than Solskjaer and Arteta.

I'd back Conte to get at least 7 more points than Moyes at West Ham over the remainder of the season. And more than Solskjaer and Arteta.
You back Conte but would you back these players? [emoji30][emoji28]

On a serious note it's shocking we aren't worse considering how poorly we've done up till now. It does give us a bit of wriggle room to get things back on track if we can hit a vein of chance creation and goal scoring.

Harry is shopping at Morrisons as we speak, his trolly is loaded with Mayo and Ketchup ... when i asked him if he was getting ready for next season, he winked and gave me the thumbs up.

Back