• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Our players might not be great, but Conte absolutely screwed things up today.

He should have changed things at half time when we did not remotely look like scoring, but no. And when he does try to change things even though we are looking for a win he brings on a centre back for a wing back which leaves us with 3 centre backs and two non attacking wingbacks on the pitch. And when does Conte decide to bring on an attacking player? With just 5 fecking minutes to go, what the feck is that all about?

I can see us really getting molested at Anfield, and as for the Goons, well I for one will not be banking on 3 points. Seems like we are going to get no more than we deserve this season, and from what I can see that does not include CL football next season.

Our players might not be great, but Conte absolutely screwed things up today.

He should have changed things at half time when we did not remotely look like scoring, but no. And when he does try to change things even though we are looking for a win he brings on a centre back for a wing back which leaves us with 3 centre backs and two non attacking wingbacks on the pitch. And when does Conte decide to bring on an attacking player? With just 5 fecking minutes to go, what the feck is that all about?

I can see us really getting molested at Anfield, and as for the Goons, well I for one will not be banking on 3 points. Seems like we are going to get no more than we deserve this season, and from where I can see that does not include CL football next season.
I can see us getting conference league again.

We probably have more chance against Liverpool than Arsenal to be honest. Liverpool might just attack us and leave Kane unmarked to set up the counter attacks. Where as Arteta and every other coach we still have to play will have seen how easy it easy to stop us with the right set up.
I can't see us winning too many of the remaining games

It's so painful having to watch some of these players that you know Conte doesn't rate and knows need upgrading in the Summer

Conte's stubborn - everyone knew that coming in. He will keep trying something until it works, and will not change. So that 3-4-3 we keep bashing our heads bloody trying to implement is here to stay.

But what frustrates me is, he doesn't even consider changing personnel inside that structure. Royal is killing him and his tactic, every single game - the man is a donkey and our threat dies when he plays. Yet, Conte has had a month to cope with Doherty being out and doesn't change a bit, not even to play Lucas/Bergwijn in Emerson's place.

That is what baffles me. Fine, be stubborn, stick to your tactics, whatever.

But this donkey is costing you games - and yet, you stick to him when options are available.

Strange.

And not only do we get nothing from our wingbacks but we appear to be outmanned in central midfield

I’ve been saying this from the moment he came in. We’re insisting on playing 2 players in supposed attacking positions that offer close to nothing going forward and it weakens the the centre of the midfield.

With no Doherty we should just play Davies LB and Royal RB (he’ll be ok there) and then add a body in midfield to stop the flow of play through there.

The Sanchez for Sess sub was an absolute shocker!

however Conte is the reason we are even in the conversation for 4th, so giving him plenty of slack.

I could see the logic. Sess was doing nothing and Davies was probably the best option if we wanted to keep our width and stretch them on the left. The last couple of games have shown how weak our wing backs are on both sides.

I could see the logic. Sess was doing nothing and Davies was probably the best option if we wanted to keep our width and stretch them on the left. The last couple of games have shown how weak our wing backs are on both sides.
I like Davies and think Reguilon has massively flattered to deceive, but Reggie would have clearly been the better option to add width there for that role.

personallly I’d have introduced Moura or Bergwijn but that’s another story, Sanchez (not his fault) would have been way down the list for the circumstances.

And not only do we get nothing from our wingbacks but we appear to be outmanned in central midfield

We surrender the midfield constantly. Play 3 in the middle against us and we are in trouble.

Even in our run of wins we were a bit cack for large spells of games.

The no plan B is a concern as well.

I’ve been saying this from the moment he came in. We’re insisting on playing 2 players in supposed attacking positions that offer close to nothing going forward and it weakens the the centre of the midfield.

With no Doherty we should just play Davies LB and Royal RB (he’ll be ok there) and then add a body in midfield to stop the flow of play through there.

Only problem with a back 4 is it will expose Dier . Think he’s ok with player either side but a flat 4 would concern me.

Only problem with a back 4 is it will expose Dier . Think he’s ok with player either side but a flat 4 would concern me.
I appreciate that against better oppo but in games like last week and this week we have to find a different way - a more pro active way. Every man and their dog can see that Royal doesn’t really want to get forward and that Sess can’t really be relied on at that end of the pitch either. Yet they are filling the 2 most important positions in the setup - it’s baffling.

Agree with every other Spurs fan.
The problems are OBVIOUS.
The solutions are OBVIOUS.
I am so confused why several managers (such as Conte) cannot see the obvious and persist with stupid 'solutions'.

I mean... surely he can see we are absolutely dire right now in terms of the eye test or stats or results, just awful.

Back