• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I’m not sure they are - losing Skippy for longer than expected then Bent for 3 weeks just put pressure on the squad.
It does
So he has to use what he has better
Can’t believe him saying this but Moura would have been a good option tonight
Where was Reggie playing when he came on?
It all seemed to me to be a game that Conte could take to leave. He was so passive in his reactions and so passive in his actions

I think he is using these games as tests, see who is up for it and who isn't.
Also think he intends to hang around so isn't in a hurry, he probably knew after the conference exit this season is a write off.

Until he signs a new contract which shows his intentions long term i don't know how we can say he's thinking that way - great if he is as we need a manager to be thinking that way.

Regardless I'm not sure what benefits come from playing a system that is weakened in key areas, resulting in nullifying your attacking threat and surrenders the middle of the pitch game after game - no ones taking much from games in those circumstances.

He's won trophies wherever he's gone and that doesn't happen without being a top manager and knowing tactics inside out.
The issues that we have is around players and not the manager. Our midfield is totally brick. PEH and Winks are lower premier league players at best and not good enough for where we want to be. We've also other areas that need strengthening, LCB, RWB and a goalkeeper (can possibly get away with Lloris for another season). So that means 4-5 players at least.
Stick with the players that Conte sees being here long term and the system he's going to use and bed them in. Take the pain for the rest of the season and be in a better position for next season.
He is a winner but never in multiple fronts
His teams always struggle in more than one competition and generally in mid week games
It’s a fact when you look at his history
I know our fans don’t want to hear that or see that but even with us his record mid week is horrible

Until he signs a new contract which shows his intentions long term i don't know how we can say he's thinking that way - great if he is as we need a manager to be thinking that way.

Regardless I'm not sure what benefits come from playing a system that is weakened in key areas, resulting in nullifying your attacking threat and surrenders the middle of the pitch game after game - no ones taking much from games in those circumstances.

Skipp and Bentancur in there tonight and we control the middle.
Winks and peh have just made a decision for conte tonight veey easy, get rid.
I'm always very optimistic about the future for spurs, don't know why, I'm not an optimistic person generally. Keeping conte would be a good thing, so i believe it :).

I'm always very optimistic about the future for spurs, don't know why, I'm not an optimistic person generally. Keeping conte would be a good thing, so i believe it :).

It's only a good thing if he wants the long term job of turning around the ship - if he does, great - if not he may as well be moved on

I would keep PEH. I think he is a decent player alongside the right partner. If he is one of our backups (along with Skipp) then I think that would show evidence of a reasonable squad.

Skipp and Bentacur in there tonight having okayed 4 games before hand in quick succession we would IMO still lose the midfield
Again, I’ll repeat what I’ve said but contes teams always struggle midweek and it’s due to the lack of rotation as he ends up with a small squad that he will use
Look at his record in Italy and England in Europe
And also in the mid week cups
He was runner up in the europa but that was when it was the weird COVID tournament think IIRC
His teams just don’t have the legs for it

Skipp and Bentacur in there tonight having okayed 4 games before hand in quick succession we would IMO still lose the midfield
Again, I’ll repeat what I’ve said but contes teams always struggle midweek and it’s due to the lack of rotation as he ends up with a small squad that he will use
Look at his record in Italy and England in Europe
And also in the mid week cups
He was runner up in the europa but that was when it was the weird COVID tournament think IIRC
His teams just don’t have the legs for it
Didn't he win the FA Cup once and lose in the final the other time when managing Chelsea?

I would keep PEH. I think he is a decent player alongside the right partner. If he is one of our backups (along with Skipp) then I think that would show evidence of a reasonable squad.

I've never understood the hype of peh tbh, limited but energetic player with an overestimated sense of his own ability.

He is a winner but never in multiple fronts
His teams always struggle in more than one competition and generally in mid week games
It’s a fact when you look at his history
I know our fans don’t want to hear that or see that but even with us his record mid week is horrible

Tbf he's never been at a team long enough. To build to fight on multiple fronts.

I've never understood the hype of peh tbh, limited but energetic player with an overestimated sense of his own ability.
He is better than Harry Winks by a clear margin and probably actually a better player than Skipp at present. Difficult to judge any player that has to play alongside Winks as the way that Winks is constantly wrong side of his man when the opposition get the ball means whoever partners him is having to try to cover the whole of the centre of midfield by themselves.

I read a stat online tonight that Winks lost 8 out of 8 duels and was dribbled past 5 times (more than the rest of the Spurs team combined). It is impossible to try to partner a player that bad in a two man midfield.

Didn't he win the FA Cup once and lose in the final the other time when managing Chelsea?
Yep
Won the fa cup the season after winning the league
No midweek games then though and they finished 5th in the league and went out in feb in the CL vs Barca IIRC
And his league team the second season was poor by the standards of the year before
Remember the game when son played left wing back? That was the year they lost it
Year after they beat united who knocked us out. The really poor united side that went on strike IIRC…

Tbf he's never been at a team long enough. To build to fight on multiple fronts.
I don’t think that’s the issue
I think his systems and micro management mean he has to focus player by player
And he needs a deep squad to do that
He hasn’t really had that anywhere from what I can remember hence why he has converted players to play different roles

Fcuk knows.... If so then I retract my previous comment :)
Nope
It’s stored now forever and ever
I’ve followed his management career for some time with the joys of living and knowing so many Italians (before Italian history is bonkers)
And I’ve had to highlight before on here he is a clam. Make no mistake about it. But that’s why he is so good
He also doesn’t quit teams. He hasn’t since his early days at Atlanta and the move at Bari when he was lined up for Juve but it never happened
He is proper fighter as a man
But… he also uses really small squads and that hurts him IMO

I don’t think that’s the issue
I think his systems and micro management mean he has to focus player by player
And he needs a deep squad to do that
He hasn’t really had that anywhere from what I can remember hence why he has converted players to play different roles

But if he was at a team for say 5 or 6 years. Wouldn't he be able to build the squad to do that?

Back