• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

He is a winner but never in multiple fronts
His teams always struggle in more than one competition and generally in mid week games
It’s a fact when you look at his history
I know our fans don’t want to hear that or see that but even with us his record mid week is horrible
I'd be more than happy if he was a winner on one front. It's a lot more than we've been used to in recent times.

Potter is overrated on here. Good manager and I like Brighton but they've had some very ropey results and have even been booed at home.

Conte is a top manager. Look at his record. While I don't think he covered himself in glory tonight and his public utterances grate on me a bit, we have to give him the tools in the summer. If we do, he'll do well here.

Could not agree more, Potter is the flavour of the month to some of our fans but i think IF he came here they would relise that he is not the man who is going to change our attitude towards games.

I'm sorry but if this bunch of feckless, useless bottling clams that keep moaning about not winning trophies can't motivate themselves then they can fudge right off.
Loom at teams that have knocked us out of the cups this year, vitesse and boro and beaten by mura ffs.

Indeed, we can slag our managers off till the cows come home but we need a drastic change in the dressing room from the players, until that happens we will never improve.

Like it or not Conte is our best chance of turning us into a team that can win trophys. Our last manager who won us a few tophys was KB and he quit in 84. Since then we have won a total of 3 trophys. Of course we can sack him and get in the latest ( better then sliced bread) manager but its a bigger risk then sticking with Conte ( imo).

This summer is going to be the biggest important window for a long time and we need to improve the side in several posistions, Conte is a TOP MANAGER and his record shows just that.

Like it or not Conte is our best chance of turning us into a team that can win trophys. Our last manager who won us a few tophys was KB and he quit in 84. Since then we have won a total of 3 trophys. Of course we can sack him and get in the latest ( better then sliced bread) manager but its a bigger risk then sticking with Conte ( imo).

This summer is going to be the biggest important window for a long time and we need to improve the side in several posistions, Conte is a TOP MANAGER and his record shows just that.

Klopp finished 8th in his first season at pool. Ferguson finished 11th. They were given time to shape their clubs. Ffs we need to give conte at least a summer window.
We knew the squad was weak and needed a rebuild. Let them get on with it.

Klopp finished 8th in his first season at pool. Ferguson finished 11th. They were given time to shape their clubs. Ffs we need to give conte at least a summer window.
We knew the squad was weak and needed a rebuild. Let them get on with it.

We live in hope, one of the things i hate in todays game is how so many fans are willing and eager to write players and managers off so quickly.

100% right. I've seen a lot of people having a pop at Conte over the last 24 hours about his tactical nous. That's not the problem here. The players are the issue - a manager can only bring you so far. I think some people think there is some sort of messianic figure out there who could turn us into a top team. Some of these players are just not good enough and are too long in the tooth to be successful here. Conte or any other manager cannot change that. I loved Poch and he did an incredible job here but he ended up with an incredible 11-13 players some of whom were the best in their position in England. Some of that was down to his coaching, some down to good recruitment, some was down to get rid of trouble makers and some is just dumb luck.

Conte can be successful here. He's a winner. But he needs better than relying on Doherty and Emerson at wing back, Winks and PEH in the middle, players like Sanchez at CB or Scarlett (a kid) as his last roll of the dice.

Klopp's been successful because he brought Liverpool so far and was then backed with the likes of Alisson, Robertson, VVD and Fabinho who plugged the glaring gaps in his squad. It wasn't just his coaching - they were leaking goals for a long time before those boys came in. Had Fergie been forced to persist with Robson, Whiteside and McGrath in the 1980s, he probably wouldn't have built what he built. Even when Jose came into Chelsea, he didn't stick with the dozens of players they'd spunked millions on. The addition of Cech, Carvalho and Drogba were key to his early successes as well as shifting some of the flops.

Conte doesn't get judged for me until end of next season. He's made mistakes and opened his mouth too much but he gets a free hit this year. And that judgement next season can only fall on him if he gets decent backing from the club in the summer.

100% right. I've seen a lot of people having a pop at Conte over the last 24 hours about his tactical nous. That's not the problem here. The players are the issue - a manager can only bring you so far. I think some people think there is some sort of messianic figure out there who could turn us into a top team. Some of these players are just not good enough and are too long in the tooth to be successful here. Conte or any other manager cannot change that. I loved Poch and he did an incredible job here but he ended up with an incredible 11-13 players some of whom were the best in their position in England. Some of that was down to his coaching, some down to good recruitment, some was down to get rid of trouble makers and some is just dumb luck.

Conte can be successful here. He's a winner. But he needs better than relying on Doherty and Emerson at wing back, Winks and PEH in the middle, players like Sanchez at CB or Scarlett (a kid) as his last roll of the dice.

Klopp's been successful because he brought Liverpool so far and was then backed with the likes of Alisson, Robertson, VVD and Fabinho who plugged the glaring gaps in his squad. It wasn't just his coaching - they were leaking goals for a long time before those boys came in. Had Fergie been forced to persist with Robson, Whiteside and McGrath in the 1980s, he probably wouldn't have built what he built. Even when Jose came into Chelsea, he didn't stick with the dozens of players they'd spunked millions on. The addition of Cech, Carvalho and Drogba were key to his early successes as well as shifting some of the flops.

Conte doesn't get judged for me until end of next season. He's made mistakes and opened his mouth too much but he gets a free hit this year. And that judgement next season can only fall on him if he gets decent backing from the club in the summer.
Agree with this but…. Contes stubbornness In his ways is hurting him
His unwillingness to play youngsters who are fit like yesterday rather then keeping on a knackered winks of Pierre is counter productive
His unwillingness to fix and over run, over pressed midfield like we had vs Southampton cost us the game (although Hojbergs performance because he was knackered cost us badly) was a huge contributor to why we lost
Wolves… that was on Hugo
Burnley was one of those games that happens up at Burnley
But he needs CL or as high a finish as he can achieve so cutting of his nose to play the system he wants isn’t helping sometimes

It must feel so good not judging Conte till the end of next season. The high horse of writing off this season and the next without any judgement going any which way. How wonderfully positive! All we need is a “rebuild”. What have I missed? Oh fans that have any expectations are clearly feel overly entitled, how dare we expect to at least feel competitive.

It must feel so good not judging Conte till the end of next season. The high horse of writing off this season and the next without any judgement going any which way. How wonderfully positive! All we need is a “rebuild”. What have I missed? Oh fans that have any expectations are clearly feel overly entitled, how dare we expect to at least feel competitive.

We're being reasonably competitive under him. He inherited an under performing team in mid table and has us in with half a shout for top 4. Given what he has in the side, that's probably par for what I'd expect. As long as he's doing that much, there's no negative judgement from me. You don't bring in a Conte to turn proven underperformers into world beaters. He can take them so far but he's a football manager, not a magician. If your expectation is that he's failing unless we get top 4 or win a cup, you'll be calling for him to be fired at the end of the season and it'll be the same with the next fella and the one after that.

His unwillingness to play youngsters who are fit like yesterday rather then keeping on a knackered winks of Pierre is counter productive
His unwillingness to fix and over run, over pressed midfield like we had vs Southampton cost us the game (although Hojbergs performance because he was knackered cost us badly) was a huge contributor to why we lost
Wolves… that was on Hugo
But he needs CL or as high a finish as he can achieve so cutting of his nose to play the system he wants isn’t helping sometimes

I'd agree with a lot of this. Conte isn't perfect - he makes mistakes. But they all do. Klopp did it for a couple of years at Liverpool. They were stubborn by playing suicidally high with a bad keeper and very poor defenders. They coughed up a ridiculous number of goals. Klopp didn't change and when he got in the likes of VVD and Alisson, things got better. But remember, he persisted with Moreno over Robertson for about half a season even then. Managers make mistakes. Pep finished (I think) 4th in his first year despite having spunked millions on players. People were questioning his style. He eventually got the likes of Ederson, Walker and a few others that allowed him to win trophies. These top managers are stubborn and unless you give them what they need to execute styles they stubbornly stick to and are proven to be successful, they'll achieve around par for the course.

Conte has made mistakes and he'll make more. He's human. Poch made them too. They all do. But give him the type of players he wants and we'll compete. Stick him with this squad and we'll be around the Europa League spots.

We're being reasonably competitive under him. He inherited an under performing team in mid table and has us in with half a shout for top 4. Given what he has in the side, that's probably par for what I'd expect. As long as he's doing that much, there's no negative judgement from me. You don't bring in a Conte to turn proven underperformers into world beaters. He can take them so far but he's a football manager, not a magician. If your expectation is that he's failing unless we get top 4 or win a cup, you'll be calling for him to be fired at the end of the season and it'll be the same with the next fella and the one after that.

I'd agree with a lot of this. Conte isn't perfect - he makes mistakes. But they all do. Klopp did it for a couple of years at Liverpool. They were stubborn by playing suicidally high with a bad keeper and very poor defenders. They coughed up a ridiculous number of goals. Klopp didn't change and when he got in the likes of VVD and Alisson, things got better. But remember, he persisted with Moreno over Robertson for about half a season even then. Managers make mistakes. Pep finished (I think) 4th in his first year despite having spunked millions on players. People were questioning his style. He eventually got the likes of Ederson, Walker and a few others that allowed him to win trophies. These top managers are stubborn and unless you give them what they need to execute styles they stubbornly stick to and are proven to be successful, they'll achieve around par for the course.

Conte has made mistakes and he'll make more. He's human. Poch made them too. They all do. But give him the type of players he wants and we'll compete. Stick him with this squad and we'll be around the Europa League spots.
I think we will finish 4th this season now
He will have a fresher team and have less games
But he needs to help himself more

Wolves… that was on Hugo
Short term it isn't helping, but long term it will. The more the players play that system the more they get used to it.
Keep the ones that can be seen to play it and get rid of the ones that show they can't adapt to the style he wants and get in ones that can play it.

Short term it isn't helping, but long term it will. The more the players play that system the more they get used to it.
Keep the ones that can be seen to play it and get rid of the ones that show they can't adapt to the style he wants and get in ones that can play it.

How do you learn to play in a system when fundamental parts of it are so lacking?

Back