• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Problem with Conte is if he can’t be arsed and then we have to sack him. Already there are performances where the players don’t look at all motivated. Hope he keeps his spirit for next season.

I'm sorry but if this bunch of feckless, useless bottling clams that keep moaning about not winning trophies can't motivate themselves then they can fudge right off.
Loom at teams that have knocked us out of the cups this year, vitesse and boro and beaten by mura ffs.

Potter is overrated on here. Good manager and I like Brighton but they've had some very ropey results and have even been booed at home.

Conte is a top manager. Look at his record. While I don't think he covered himself in glory tonight and his public utterances grate on me a bit, we have to give him the tools in the summer. If we do, he'll do well here.
I don't think we'll give him the tools.... We've already got a bunch of players on the never-never to pay for, our debt is huge and our revenue isn't really growing due to us becoming a less relevant European club.

Lack of rotation coming back to bite us imo.

Looked to me like the players were trying, just didn't have the energy in them.

Short on options, but not a complete lack of options.

I guess that's Conte and part of why he's struggled in Europe in the past.

Lack of rotation coming back to bite us imo.

Looked to me like the players were trying, just didn't have the energy in them.

Short on options, but not a complete lack of options.

I guess that's Conte and part of why he's struggled in Europe in the past.
100%
Fans need to look a bit deeper at his records
The guys a winner but tends to focus on one competition from February as he hasn’t got the legs for anything else in his team

And bed the players he's keeping into his way of playing.
Why change now to change again in the summer. Get them used to the systems to start next season running.

When there's stuff to play for still it'd be a good idea to be pragmatic in your approach is what i would say here, especially when you're on a short contract and short term results are of higher importance than if you're on a long term deal.

Potter is overrated on here. Good manager and I like Brighton but they've had some very ropey results and have even been booed at home.

Conte is a top manager. Look at his record. While I don't think he covered himself in glory tonight and his public utterances grate on me a bit, we have to give him the tools in the summer. If we do, he'll do well here.

I agree except he won't get the tools mate.

I don't think we'll give him the tools.... We've already got a bunch of players on the never-never to pay for, our debt is huge and our revenue isn't really growing due to us becoming a less relevant European club.

You may be right in which case, we have no business appointing top managers.

I'm slightly optimistic (I know, I know) listening to Simon Jordan. He seems to have some sort of inside info and I've heard him say "if you think Daniel is appointing Conte and not giving him the tools he wants, you're mad. Daniel knows what's needed and knows there was no point getting Conte if he doesn't back him". He did caveat that by saying it might not be huge money but it would be the players Conte wanted.

Guess we'll have the 2022 equivalent of Ryan Nelson and Louis Saha so...

Can see this being a very important summer for the owners . We will know where we are heading come deadline day . The fan base is so polarised at the minute and it’s just getting uglier.

He's won trophies wherever he's gone and that doesn't happen without being a top manager and knowing tactics inside out.
The issues that we have is around players and not the manager. Our midfield is totally brick. PEH and Winks are lower premier league players at best and not good enough for where we want to be. We've also other areas that need strengthening, LCB, RWB and a goalkeeper (can possibly get away with Lloris for another season). So that means 4-5 players at least.
Stick with the players that Conte sees being here long term and the system he's going to use and bed them in. Take the pain for the rest of the season and be in a better position for next season.

When there's stuff to play for still it'd be a good idea to be pragmatic in your approach is what i would say here, especially when you're on a short contract and short term results are of higher importance than if you're on a long term deal.

I think he is using these games as tests, see who is up for it and who isn't.
Also think he intends to hang around so isn't in a hurry, he probably knew after the conference exit this season is a write off.

Back