• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

It does. How many times have you heard players say when playing away they try to quieten the crowd? Or the crowd are the 12th man? Dean Saunders did an interview telling how when a player at liverpool was having a rough time the kop would purposefully chant their name to boost their confidence.

a lot, I think its something that could be conditioned out of players though, and they would be better for it

we should be putting them through the type of mental preparation that astronauts and special forces members go through

Weird
Cos I heard a podcast with Ben Foster a few weeks ago talking about how as a tens they target certain clubs who fans make the atmosphere toxic and cripple their own players
I mean you can see it happen in the game at spurs

where do you sit in the ground?

I don't go to games regularly any more, I don't like large groups of drunken singing men.

Given our fans are paying the most expensive ticket prices in the prem shouldn’t they feel at least a little entitled?.

How many times does this have to be said? The price is determined by supply and demand. If you think the price is too high don't buy one. If enough don't the price will drop.
The only thing a ticket to the game entitles you to, is a ticket to the game.

How many times does this have to be said? The price is determined by supply and demand. If you think the price is too high don't buy one. If enough don't the price will drop.
You can say it all you like, it doesn’t mean you’re right and I don’t agree with you.

if you want to see the club treated like a commodity that’s up to you, I see it as more than that.

Morgan Freeman jpeg

You can say it all you like, it doesn’t mean you’re right and I don’t agree with you.

if you want to see the club treated like a commodity that’s up to you, I see it as more than that.

Nothing to do with being a commodity. Fans used to understand if they bought a ticket they got to watch a game. Win, draw, loss. Yes you'd be disappointed if you lost, but it was about watching the game and supporting your team.
Modern day fans seem think they are entitled to a win. Or trophies. Or the club buy a player they want. Or whatever. Which is simply not the case.

I've not expected us to win a trophy for a long time, but the players do keep going on about it.
How many have said we should be winning and then freeze when they get there?

You don't expect us to win trophies but you're labelling the players as failures for not doing so - you keep refering to the long serving players as being part of the problem, what problem? The problem is our best players have seen the team around them become weaker and weaker year by year, not that they have stayed at the club despite that - it used to be people appreciated that kind of loyalty in football but for some reason these guys are getting pelters/blame placed upon them, as though they are at fault for the clubs inability to build a strong/successful team, it doesn't make sense

So you can never criticise the club, just go and watch the games? And are you seriously telling me that in the “good old days” no one ever criticised the club.
Because I can tell you right now that is complete and utter bs!
It’s not about expecting your club to win stuff, it’s about not wanting your club to be fleeced buy it’s owners!

He's not arguing against your right to critisize the club, he's saying high ticket prices do not entitle the payee to a win/success on the pitch

The fact that we agreed a fee for Luis Diaz might suggest we’re planning for life beyond Son sooner rather than later.

Again, we needed to get that done. Liverpool don't let numbers worry them. Salah, Firminho, Mane, Jota and now Diaz. We could easily have accommodated Kane, Son and Diaz. We needed to get it done IMO.

Again, we needed to get that done. Liverpool don't let numbers worry them. Salah, Firminho, Mane, Jota and now Diaz. We could easily have accommodated Kane, Son and Diaz. We needed to get it done IMO.

Agreed - but the player chose Liverpool - same as Mane. Little we can do in those circumstances.

Nothing to do with being a commodity. Fans used to understand if they bought a ticket they got to watch a game. Win, draw, loss. Yes you'd be disappointed if you lost, but it was about watching the game and supporting your team.
Modern day fans seem think they are entitled to a win. Or trophies. Or the club buy a player they want. Or whatever. Which is simply not the case.

Absolutely.

When people start to equate what they pay to what they get in terms of 'wins' and 'trophies' I think they're missing the point of football support. it is not a binary exchange. It never has been. Where I CAN see criticism, is in how the money gets appropriated and used i.e. are we as quick to sign a great player (Diaz?) as we are to secure planning permission on the High Road. Those are other questions and deeper issues to discuss.

The immediate one is that going to see Spurs is about a whole lot more than just the 95 minutes and always has been. And that the power of converting disappointment to support in the stadium isn't "supporting ENIC" or any of that crap, it is supporting the human beings who are trying to win the fudging game taking place. And I -for one- have never seen a human performance enchanced by booing and jeering. I HAVE seen games turn on moments when the crowd start to roar, maybe a thunderous tackle from a PEH comes in, the crowd get further engaged and suddenly the talent on the pitch believes in both themselves and the moment.

We need to support the team in the stadium. We need to make our stadium the 12th man again, and we need to keep it up until the summer, when answers to all our current questions will be available.

I'll add this...IF there is to be a change in the summer (and I don't necessarily believe there will be) we should be aware that fickle stadium behavior is not going to tempt anyone. I laughed when Potter was linked in the summer, I mean, why would he trade in his work right now for a 'project' like ours where the patience is that of a gnat? Nah. Let's be big. I understand disappointment, and leaving the last two home games was not fun, but I cannot say I saw any player 'not trying', what I DID see were players whose confidence drained very fast, and the booing did NOT help.

We had a window. We didn't use it. You know the story on Mane (we didn't want to pay his wage demands), let's please not go there again.

Both players wanted to play for Liverpool. If you were in their position wouldn't you? Higher wages, a winning team mentality , a fantastic recent history, committed supporters, a worldwide reputation. You can't blame Levy for instituting and sticking to a wage structure - especially while the stadium was being built. Take off your rose coloured Spurs specs for a moment and think objectively.

None of our rivals are perfect but neither are we. Like you I thought a draw would have been a fair result, neither team exactly shone and there were very few clear cut chances or even decent quality half chances. Yet at the same time I didn't think it was horrible performance, just a meandering one.

Your optimism does amuse me though. Don't ever change, it will make it much more boring for you.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Do you know what
I get up in the morning. Take the kids to school and the dog for walk listening to some fudging great music or some spurs podcasts
Some days I bounce along and some days I can barely walk as I’m knackered
But getting out getting that fresh air is a bloody good cure (and I’m lucky I can work when I want currently)
497BDA1C-1C1D-4B12-899D-183CFEEE4343.jpeg

Do you know what
I get up in the morning. Take the kids to school and the dog for walk listening to some fudging great music or some spurs podcasts
Some days I bounce along and some days I can barely walk as I’m knackered
But getting out getting that fresh air is a bloody good cure (and I’m lucky I can work when I want currently)
View attachment 13711

Bedford mate I think you’ve mixed up the Conte thread with your tinder profile ;)

Back