• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Why do we keep sacking managers?…. Because the chairman feels it’s cheaper than making wholesale changes to the playing squad…

Yes, exactly. Maybe its time we changed that.
Now would be the best time to do it, hugo is 35, harry is getting on, has injury history and doesn't want to be here, son has just signed a new contract so unlikely to move but i see no reason why we would be desperate to hang on to him.
We are building a decent core, lets improve it, bring in new blood and ditch the sentiment.

Waste of time mentioning Conte in that post as he's not even had half a season with us and Jose is no longer a top manager, hence why he's managing the likes of us & Roma these days - we're going round in circles here really, but what it boils down to is THFC as a club has not invested in the team to a sufficient enough level over a long enough period to say we should be winning trophies ahead of the leagues best teams, that's not the fault of the individuals on the pitch

It is the conte thread :).
I got involved by defending conte and saying maybe we need to listen to what he wants and be prepared for some of it to not be popular.
When we can dismantle these teams in league games but fail in cup games, quite spectacularly sometimes, then i think its fair to question them.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been critical of our performances in big games in the last 5-10 years and how not enough players have turned up when it matters, and it’s true that Kane hasn’t always covered himself in glory in big games for both spurs and England, but it’s nonsense to it’s mainly on him and Son for us not winning those big games and they are part of the reason why we are struggling now. You used to get people post crap saying “if we had 11 Lamelas/Diers we would win the league”. It’s nonsense. We’d be a mid table side, kind of like we are now funnily enough. Kane and Son scored 40 league goals between them last season in a side that doesn’t have any creativity other than Kane and Son themselves. They literally created and scored the lions share of the goals themselves. The reason we are struggling is we haven’t adequately replaced the likes of Toby, Jan, Rose, Walker, Dembele and Wanyama. The squad players like Davies shouldn’t be getting regular game time.

I think, if you buy a ticket all that does it gets you to see a game. It is your choice if you think the price is acceptable or not.

The owners aren't beholden to run the club at a loss for your gratification. At the end of the day it is still a business, even if some other clubs are run differently.

There is a sense of community a shared experience between fans, and a shared love of the club. We have many memories.

Now if our owners were taking money out of the club like utd, burnley, west ham. I'd be tinkled off with them.
Sorry I can't really see a direct answer there as to whether or not you see us fans as merely 'customers' (sorry I cant remember if it is you or @Baleforce who always states that).

What about when we had the best cb pairing in the league, walker and rose, trippier even, not to mention dier Wanyama and Dembele.
And conte hasn't moved to 3 cbs because they are weak, although they are, he always plays three at the back.
Yep and then we competed higher up the league table and always finished well above our natural expectation compared to our resources (6th place). Back then we tended to come unstuck at the very start of the season because any new signings we needed tended to be purchased right at the end of the window, or towards the end of the season because our small squad was knackered while our competitors with bigger, better squads were able to stay fresher than us).

Also seems strange to only blame Harry Kane for us not winning anything, as opposed to those other very good players that were in the team with him.... How many clean sheets did we keep in those Cup Semi finals and finals under Pochettino?

Conte on whether he's losing his patience after telling the fans to keep theirs
For sure when I lose a game I am not the person to go and have a dinner. I think that I am not the right person, when I lose a game my mood is very bad and I prefer to stay alone and live the defeat, to stay alone and metabolise the defeat.I need one day to recover at least. This is me. It is me. I don’t like to lose. If you ask me what I hate in life it is to lose games. My mentality is to prepare myself, to prepare the players and to avoid this type of situation.

There are many coaches that don’t suffer. I wanted to be a little soft but at the same time to be this way makes me a person that in his career I won as a player and then as a coach. For sure when I lose, if you expect that I am happy or to come to a press conference and laugh, I am not this person. I am sorry if I show my disappointment because maybe it would be good to keep this inside and not show my emotion. I am an honest person it is difficult for me to lie or hide the truth and for this reason.

Conte on speaking with Daniel Levy
Yes I spoke to Daniel Levy. Our chairman knows very well that I'm here to help the club in every moment. I will do that until the end. That's the reality and he knows that we're working hard. He has great consideration about our job and the job of my staff.
I repeat I want to help the club with every aspect.
He shows me great consideration every day and for this reason I'm committed for this club much more because I know the consideration for me is very high.

Conte on whether he's losing his patience after telling the fans to keep theirs
For sure when I lose a game I am not the person to go and have a dinner. I think that I am not the right person, when I lose a game my mood is very bad and I prefer to stay alone and live the defeat, to stay alone and metabolise the defeat.I need one day to recover at least. This is me. It is me. I don’t like to lose. If you ask me what I hate in life it is to lose games. My mentality is to prepare myself, to prepare the players and to avoid this type of situation.

There are many coaches that don’t suffer. I wanted to be a little soft but at the same time to be this way makes me a person that in his career I won as a player and then as a coach. For sure when I lose, if you expect that I am happy or to come to a press conference and laugh, I am not this person. I am sorry if I show my disappointment because maybe it would be good to keep this inside and not show my emotion. I am an honest person it is difficult for me to lie or hide the truth and for this reason.

Conte on speaking with Daniel Levy
Yes I spoke to Daniel Levy. Our chairman knows very well that I'm here to help the club in every moment. I will do that until the end. That's the reality and he knows that we're working hard. He has great consideration about our job and the job of my staff.
I repeat I want to help the club with every aspect.
He shows me great consideration every day and for this reason I'm committed for this club much more because I know the consideration for me is very high.

As i said he was having a sulk.

Everyone needs to stop this obsession with him leaving. If in the summer we do terrible in the transfer market then we can have that conversation.

Yep and then we competed higher up the league table and always finished well above our natural expectation compared to our resources (6th place). Back then we tended to come unstuck at the very start of the season because any new signings we needed tended to be purchased right at the end of the window, or towards the end of the season because our small squad was knackered while our competitors with bigger, better squads were able to stay fresher than us).

Also seems strange to only blame Harry Kane for us not winning anything, as opposed to those other very good players that were in the team with him.... How many clean sheets did we keep in those Cup Semi finals and finals under Pochettino?

I am not only blaming harry kane, i have never only blamed harry kane.
I said i would sell kane, some posters jumped on that as a sacrilege and i said well what good has it done us, we haven’t won anything with him.
Said for ages we are a team of settlers.
We need a refresh, he is at the stage of his career where he probably won't fit the age profile and won't want to hang about until we catch up.
Its like jan and toby, just as we got a point where we really needed them their bodies were starting to creak.

Do not hold your breath for that to happen.

To be fair, when the manager himself is openly wondering about his own future in public, you can’t blame fans for reacting. He needs to dial it down if what he’s said today is true.

Yeah it’s frustrating to lose but he’s supposed to be leading the squad. Swinging from one extreme to the other depending on what the result is cannot be good for anyone.

To be fair, when the manager himself is openly wondering about his own future in public, you can’t blame fans for reacting. He needs to dial it down if what he’s said today is true.

Yeah it’s frustrating to lose but he’s supposed to be leading the squad. Swinging from one extreme to the other depending on what the result is cannot be good for anyone.

He shouldn't have said it. But levy was never going to sack him.

We're just going to have to get used to the fact he is a little bipolar in his reactions. Hope that we win a lot more than we lose.

Might help if some of the fans stop thinking everything he says he means. Second time in a matter of weeks we have had a mini meltdown by some fans about his comments.

Back