• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

In principle I completely agree with you.

In reality, the England Manager has to be 10x more savvy than that.

I really don't think he does.

The Guardian today say Roy did nothing wrong but was a bit of a plum for saying it. Thankfully most of the comments on that article refute the fact that he is even a plum. It is an utterly ridiculous story.

I really don't think he does.

The Guardian today say Roy did nothing wrong but was a bit of a plum for saying it. Thankfully most of the comments on that article refute the fact that he is even a plum. It is an utterly ridiculous story.

Anyone in a position of responsibility has to watch what they say. Redknapp was, correctly, crucified so many times by the media and our fans for saying things. There was usually nothing wrong in what he said factually BUT he was still wrong saying it.

Hoddle's situation was similar. He is entitled to his beliefs. I am an atheist. I think ALL religion is nonsense. Hoddle didn't say anything "wrong" and millions agree with him (whether they'd like to publically admit it or not), but he should not have said it.

My biggest gripe with the Hodgson thing is more that he used a long winded story during a crucial 15 minutes to convey something that he could have said in less than 10 words. My conclusion is a simple one and I have already conveyed it. Hodgson is a man of below average intelligence desperately trying to come across as someone with intelligence and by doing so has succeeded in making himself look stupid.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/10/spurs-andros-townsend-i-dont-go-drinking-i-watch-spanish-football/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

Tottenham winger Andros Townsend has promised to continue to work hard to build on the promising start to his career for club and country.

After establishing himself as a Spurs regular and an England international already this season, the 22-year-old says he has no intention of letting it go to his head.

So don’t expect to see him out partying on a Saturday night – his idea of a ‘fiesta’ is settling down to watch the action from La Liga.

He told the Telegraph: “I have got a good family. They won’t let me get ahead of myself.

“I have seen it before where players have had great starts to their international careers and then they have faded – so I can’t let that happen.

“I live for football. I am not one of those who goes out drinking or partying. On a Saturday night, I go home and watch the Spanish football on TV. It’s all about the game for me.”

Solid quotes from Townsend, seems quite down to earth and sensible about things.

“I live for football. I am not one of those who goes out drinking or partying. On a Saturday night, I go home and watch the Spanish football on TV. It’s all about the game for me.”

Wearing his Madrid kit, next to his Ronaldo poster.

Wearing his Madrid kit, next to his Ronaldo poster.
Oh-ho, history repeating itself? Hopefully he'll deliver a couple of stonking Balearic seasons before Levy extracts his RM windfall.

Only 1st half, but continues to show to be the most direct and dangerous player in attack. Great to see him play with confidence ... even though it was a cross, not a shot for the goal. His saved shot shows where he is. More please !

So, as well as chanting yid, are we allowed to shout monkey at Townsend?
Or does it become racist coz the sun says so, despite to having no baring to race at all?

Sort of a "the monkey is dead, long live the monkey"

Believe in the youth! (a reminder) :D

[video=youtube;M4QPqwPkw6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4QPqwPkw6s[/video]

He was fantastic today. I think once Soldado learns Townsend's crosses then we'll become even more dangerous.

Townsend deliveries are excellent, to the right space for one of our players to attack the ball. Just too bad that few players have been attacking the right places. Paulinho should have scored earlier from one of Townsend's crosses.

Yer we should be singing, ' Hey hey we're the Monkees' etc etc...

Lets see the talking heads get knotted over that.

He was fantastic today. I think once Soldado learns Townsend's crosses then we'll become even more dangerous.

Townsend deliveries are excellent, to the right space for one of our players to attack the ball. Just too bad that few players have been attacking the right places. Paulinho should have scored earlier from one of Townsend's crosses.

In contrast i think Townsend once understand Soldado and others's movement then goals will be coming. I dun blame and in fact i am happy too see he just skinned the opponent DL whenever the final production ends up with a shot off target or whatever , because it shows his ability. Its only his first full EPL season.

Once he and his teammate get knowing each other , his decision making should be improved. Especially when you are playing together players like Paulinho and Soldado whom i think they are fair intelligent footballers.

In contrast i think Townsend once understand Soldado and others's movement then goals will be coming. I dun blame and in fact i am happy too see he just skinned the opponent DL whenever the final production ends up with a shot off target or whatever , because it shows his ability. Its only his first full EPL season.

Once he and his teammate get knowing each other , his decision making should be improved. Especially when you are playing together players like Paulinho and Soldado whom i think they are fair intelligent footballers.

I think the truth is probably a mix of our posts. Townsend was continually delivering crosses in to the right areas. I remember discussion in the past in which it was said that a winger's job is to deliver the ball in to the right areas. Then the other players do their upmost to get in to those positions.

Townsend is hitting the right areas with his crosses so we're not far away from scoring many times from crosses.

Love the way he can go outside as well as in, his right foot is very decent. I think that could eventually make him a very special player.

I think the truth is probably a mix of our posts. Townsend was continually delivering crosses in to the right areas. I remember discussion in the past in which it was said that a winger's job is to deliver the ball in to the right areas. Then the other players do their upmost to get in to those positions.

Townsend is hitting the right areas with his crosses so we're not far away from scoring many times from crosses.

Agreed. The goal today was inches away from being a perfectly delivered cross. His cross for Paulinho was top class, should have had an assist with that. In addition to those he had a lot of other good crosses today.

We're still not getting enough men into the box for some of those crosses though.

Back