• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

looks to be coming on a treat....love the non fannying around attitude from the lad.....

he does need to work on the ole quads though a bit more shot power will help him as well as learning that a quick pass is sometimes the way to go.....villa marshalled him well in the first half so pleased he came good in the second.

I stand by my earlier posts a while back in that his development curve looks mighty similar to welsh bloke fella.....and the best bit is he is a spurs boy through and through...the perfect fit for the club....had a few setbacks in life but never gave up on his dream even when he was told he wasn't good enough....

The guy has a spot on attitude even if he has a long way to scale the arjen robben scale cliff........his attitude is what we need at the club and it didn't do too bad for the national side either.

Pretty much this. What excites me is that the raw ingredients are all there: pace, frightening agility, ability to change direction effortlessly, decent crossing and shooting abilities, surprisingly good with both feet (really exciting given the implications: ability to play on both wings!) and (most important at all) a determination to never stop improving.

His decision making is a bit off, and he could sometimes do with shooting harder and lower, but there is a lot of good in this kid. My only hope now is that he keeps his feet on the ground (the media can be a capricious, tormenting influence) and doesn't get taken out by some brutish ogre like Roger Johnson or Ryan Shawcross, putting a stop to what at one time looked like an immensely promising career.

Pretty much this. What excites me is that the raw ingredients are all there: pace, frightening agility, ability to change direction effortlessly, decent crossing and shooting abilities, surprisingly good with both feet (really exciting given the implications: ability to play on both wings!) and (most important at all) a determination to never stop improving.

His decision making is a bit off, and he could sometimes do with shooting harder and lower, but there is a lot of good in this kid. My only hope now is that he keeps his feet on the ground (the media can be a capricious, tormenting influence) and doesn't get taken out by some brutish ogre like Roger Johnson or Ryan Shawcross, putting a stop to what at one time looked like an immensely promising career.

agree with the decision making comment.......its a bit wonky.....however his confidence is growing so that should help.

don't worry about ogre's and live tha dream.......that one day Townsend will be a two footed skilful beast that is talked about in the same categories as the likes of Robben.

he seems a humble lad and I trust our management to jeep him grounded.....good times people........

I hate to say it (well I don't actually) but myself and najia told ya so!!!!

next year Madrid will be after him and it will be 'marca' and 'sexo es vida' all over again.

His most important ability is his self-confidence.
If not for self-confidence, Bale would still be a left back down in the divisions.

agree with the decision making comment.......its a bit wonky.....however his confidence is growing so that should help.

don't worry about ogre's and live tha dream.......that one day Townsend will be a two footed skilful beast that is talked about in the same categories as the likes of Robben.

he seems a humble lad and I trust our management to jeep him grounded.....good times people........

next year Madrid will be after him and it will be 'marca' and 'sexo es vida' all over again.

:ross:

Any chance we could flog them Andy Townsend instead? Doubt they'd notice the difference, given they just paid 85-odd million for what appears to be a player on the edge of physical breakdown without noticing. :)

:ross:

Any chance we could flog them Andy Townsend instead? Doubt they'd notice the difference, given they just paid 85-odd million for what appears to be a player on the edge of physical breakdown without noticing. :)

\o/ keep funding the spurs project Madrid!!!!!!!!

lolz itv were loving the whole andy/Andros townsend thing!!!!

its good to be back on this forum....I have been working killer hours lately......I went home to watch the game and then went back out to work after........I fix peoples heating and I am on standby so I told the guy I was busy and couldn't get round till later.....

if it wasn't for Andros I would have not given the guy great customer service and fixed his boiler.....thanks Andros!!!!!!

We sold the world's (second?) most expensive player this summer - but I am still to watch a game this season thinking how we really miss Bale. (Ok, I didn't watch the West Ham game)

I put that down to two things:
1. The Bale money put us in a position where we were able to strengthen the rest of the team considerably.
2. Townsend is playing the Bale role better and better.

Obviously Townsend is not at all in the same calibre as Bale (yet - hopefully), but he is doing more than well enough for me to not miss Bale much. Certainly the highlight of the season for me to see a homegrown player flourish like Townsend has done. You could probably argue he's our player of the season so far, which is impressive given the quality of players we have brought in.

Great game again yesterday, what a couple of weeks this has been for him! =D> =D> =D>

Andros Townsend finally scored with his 27th shot in the Premier League this season.

But did he really mean it as a goal attempt?

Andros Townsend finally scored with his 27th shot in the Premier League this season.

But did he really mean it as a goal attempt?
Be interesting to a graphic of where all those shots went. I'm guessing few were that wayward, most were either on or close to the target. Deserved his luck yesterday for sure.

And they will sell Ronaldo to Scum just to spite us for overcharging them and not rolling over to their every demand.

Muggy decision not to have him on the bench (if fit)

Correction. Probably a good decision trying to build up Lamela's confidence but FFS

Townsend's been on fire for club and country.
Even if he is fit, good decision to forcibly rest him to just give the body a chance to rebuild.

Twitter / WhoScored: .@arangelz, @WinstonReid2, @TheCurtisDavies, @andros_townsend, & @D_Sturridge make our PL October Team of the Month

BX-ura8CQAACC_t.png

He is absolutely our most important player right now.

some would say that.....not bad considering he was farmed out on loan last season....just goes to show how quickly a player can change peoples mind.

Keep going Andros.......get a screamer vs everton please.

Broke a couple of bones in his arm/hand apparently so will need to wear a cast.

Back