• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

So, as well as chanting yid, are we allowed to shout monkey at Townsend?
Or does it become racist coz the sun says so, despite to having no baring to race at all?

Sort of a "the monkey is dead, long live the monkey"

There is an unhappy history (and sadly not history in some countries) of black players being on the receiving end of monkey chants. I think that this is one word that we should avoid trying to reclaim.

Aged 15 Andros Townsend was released by Spurs, he refused to be told he had been released and kept going to training

andros townsend ‏@andros_townsend 3m
Also nice to get another one of these! Although I think sandro deserved it a lot more...

BXDGC_KIEAAvpQM.jpg

In which other game/s did Townsend win the Award? I'm probably asking a question with an obvious answer but I can't remember.

If that is true that is a fantastic story.

Again he was humble after he got MOTM today.

Rohan Ricketts said it on twitter a few weeks ago, newspapers picking up on it. He said that at 15, Andros was released but he refused to stop going to the ground to train and eventually won his contract.

In contrast i think Townsend once understand Soldado and others's movement then goals will be coming. I dun blame and in fact i am happy too see he just skinned the opponent DL whenever the final production ends up with a shot off target or whatever , because it shows his ability. Its only his first full EPL season.

Once he and his teammate get knowing each other , his decision making should be improved. Especially when you are playing together players like Paulinho and Soldado whom i think they are fair intelligent footballers.

Interesting comment from Townsend today in his post match interview when asked about Soldado. Basically said if Soldado is not scoring enough goals, it's because players like him (Townsend) were not getting enough balls to him .. thought it was a good comment.

A bit ironic that he scored from a cross, when he's been shooting so much.
Anyway, really happy for him, been outstanding for us thus far.

looks to be coming on a treat....love the non fannying around attitude from the lad.....

he does need to work on the ole quads though a bit more shot power will help him as well as learning that a quick pass is sometimes the way to go.....villa marshalled him well in the first half so pleased he came good in the second.

I stand by my earlier posts a while back in that his development curve looks mighty similar to welsh bloke fella.....and the best bit is he is a spurs boy through and through...the perfect fit for the club....had a few setbacks in life but never gave up on his dream even when he was told he wasn't good enough....

The guy has a spot on attitude even if he has a long way to scale the arjen robben scale cliff........his attitude is what we need at the club and it didn't do too bad for the national side either.

Back