• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

If townsend played as many minutes as Lennon he would have more goals and assists

I agree with this, criminally underrated. Had really high percentages of both tackles won and aerial duels won, showing that he put in a solid defensive shift, and his ability to shoot, both from close and from longer range, is already better than Lennon's. If you give him regular game time (like we did with Lennon, who came into his own at about the same age as Townsend is now), I'm of the opinion that he can easily equal Azza, and quite possibly surpass him.

Don't be a tease. Do you know something the rest of us don't?

I think it would be foolish to get rid of Townsend as he is still developing as a player. Next season he will be back up as a winger, and can see how he does when he plays. We are in 4 competitions and will need a squad size to reflect that

He knows as much as we do, ie Sweet FA

Laughable to write off Townsend, we suffered last year when Lennon was out, now we have ample cover and plenty of games for all to play in, excellent, now lets get a striker

If townsend played as many minutes as Lennon he would have more goals and assists

Indeed...

P0302_zps5d55084b.png

...Townsend averaged a goal or assist for every 209 minutes played last season, compared with Lennon's 306 minutes.

He knows as much as we do, ie Sweet FA

Laughable to write off Townsend, we suffered last year when Lennon was out, now we have ample cover and plenty of games for all to play in, excellent, now lets get a striker

Yeh would be a pretty stupid decision to let him go. Huudlestone, Livermore, Dempsey, Parker (who i still rate btw) and Defoe can all go before we even consider selling Townsend. Then we can sell Caulker or Naughton and if we still need cash then ok he can go.

Yeh would be a pretty stupid decision to let him go. Huudlestone, Livermore, Dempsey, Parker (who i still rate btw) and Defoe can all go before we even consider selling Townsend. Then we can sell Caulker or Naughton and if we still need cash then ok he can go.

Exactly plenty to go before him, for me he was the one bright spark in the game against Colchester on friday night, left foot right foot, pace, good shot, he is a really good player, no doubt its because he isnt called townsendio or some other exotic name

I really doubt whether Townsend or Rose will make it at Spurs. I would love to be proved wrong, though.

Caulker has in no way shown himself to be better than Dawson thus far for Spurs

I really doubt whether Townsend or Rose will make it at Spurs. I would love to be proved wrong, though.

Speaking to a Saudi Sportswashing Machine supporting Geordie mate and Rose us very very highly rated up north by both Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Sunderland fans, which is not something that happens often. Would like to see him get a few games this season to see

Speaking to a Saudi Sportswashing Machine supporting Geordie mate and Rose us very very highly rated up north by both Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Sunderland fans, which is not something that happens often. Would like to see him get a few games this season to see

But then they were both relegation haunted teams last year, of course Rose would look good!

But then they were both relegation haunted teams last year, of course Rose would look good!

Yeah exactly - I love the bloke but the only reason Steffen Freund is a Spurs legend is because he played in a dog-turd side. He stood out because he worked hard and wasn't completely useless. He was a painfully average player though!

when loaning players to other premier league sides we aren't likely to send players to anyone but lower half prem caliber, all the players can do is play well for their respective clubs, which both Rose and Townsend have done - playing well for a premiership side no matter which level is a hard task and plenty of players who have gone on to become a good standard have failed to do so, so when our youngsters impress out on loan i think they deserve they chance to show what they can do for us.

Dawson has experience which, for me, places him above Caulker. Caulker is good in the air but too easily gets turned, some of that may be down to inexperience.

Hope I'm wrong but based on the opinions here and elsewhere, I think the opinions on Caulker and Carroll are slightly over optimistic. Townsend has always been the one I thought would make it and is a little underrated.

Teams attack Sunderlannd a hell of a lot more than Spurs. Rose was a lot more exposed than he ever would be here and defended consistently well. Good players can look good in rubbish sides, just putting it out there...

Hope I'm wrong but based on the opinions here and elsewhere, I think the opinions on Caulker and Carroll are slightly over optimistic. Townsend has always been the one I thought would make it and is a little underrated.

Carroll has impressed me more than the other two (by some distance) when playing for us

Caulker i remember saying was overrated a while back. His debut against Gooners where he got some very favourable comments on here despite being horrendous (his positioning was very very bad that game) was something that stood out but it was his debut so i gave him a pass.
I then saw him at Swansea and thought 'this guy really isn't good' but people kept posting up Swansea's defensive record as some sort of conclusive evidence that i was wrong and Caulker was very good. After seeing his performances last season i have come to the overall conclusion that he definitely isn't good enough to start, his decision making is poor, you rarely notice him (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) but he's good at attacking set pieces.

Caulker i remember saying was overrated a while back. His debut against Gooners where he got some very favourable comments on here despite being horrendous (his positioning was very very bad that game) was something that stood out but it was his debut so i gave him a pass.
I then saw him at Swansea and thought 'this guy really isn't good' but people kept posting up Swansea's defensive record as some sort of conclusive evidence that i was wrong and Caulker was very good. After seeing his performances last season i have come to the overall conclusion that he definitely isn't good enough to start, his decision making is poor, you rarely notice him (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) but he's good at attacking set pieces.

Do you think we should bin him off then?

Caulker is another example of an overhyped youngster. I think he'll fail to make it with us on a longer term basis.

He is worth sticking with for a couple of seasons there is a chance he can improve, I personally have never rated him, he ball watches and his reading of the game is brick but he is athletic and young so lets hope he can blossom.

Back