• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

Townsend has looked good in this league though, may not be top notch but certainly good enough for the squad.

I agree, Townsend will be gone before too long. I think he's a decent back up but he's not good enough to be any kind of long term answer.

but he performed very well for QPR.

Yes, but how relevant is that for performing with us? Playing well on the counter attack for a team that gets spanking after spanking does not automatically transfer to doing well for team fighting for top 4.

Caulker is another example of an overhyped youngster. I think he'll fail to make it with us on a longer term basis.

Yes, but how relevant is that for performing with us? Playing well on the counter attack for a team that gets spanking after spanking does not automatically transfer to doing well for team fighting for top 4.

how about him being given a chance with us??? unless the club are selling him for reasons other than football ones

Dear GHod, are people seriously writing off Townsend?! He has pace,skill,loves to be direct and run at defenders, and has a good long range shot on him. He's 21 and not a fully established international though, so must be rubbish. Move him on....

Dear GHod, are people seriously writing off Townsend?! He has pace,skill,loves to be direct and run at defenders, and has a good long range shot on him. He's 21 and not a fully established international though, so must be rubbish. Move him on....

I agree, I think it is ridiculous to write him off at this time with his potential. But then I remember there were so many clown on here slagging Sandro off after his debute against Arsenal. He was too slow and not good enough. I for one refuse to give up on Townsend just yet. I think he will develop ant very good player either here or somewhere else and I hope he does it here

It's official. Townsend > Messi

2013%2f6%2fEffective-Dribblers.jpg

Townsend to be back up to Chadli on the left next season id have thought? i think after all the loans he has had over the years and the improvement he has shown should have earned him a place in our 25 man squad for next season, he might not make the grade but i would be rather disappointed if he isn't given a real chance to prove his worth in our colors

those two with Bale and Lennon will give us a fairly strong set of players for the wide positions

We'll see. I haven't seen enough yet, he looked promising but not sure if he can achieve that level. If he does well this season, I'll admit I'm wrong but I think he'll be gone by the start of next season (2014/15)

I agree, I think it is ridiculous to write him off at this time with his potential. But then I remember there were so many clown on here slagging Sandro off after his debute against Arsenal. He was too slow and not good enough. I for one refuse to give up on Townsend just yet. I think he will develop ant very good player either here or somewhere else and I hope he does it here

I just don't get what some people expect of our youngsters, its embarrassing. He was a constant threat for QPR, and his cameo performances for us he was always a danger then too. But of course that's not enough for some on here, I still haven't seen reasons as to why people don't think he'll be good enough. What hasn't he got that a 21 year old winger should have to be good enough for the exemplary standards of Spurs?

Townshend won't be part of the future mate. Trust me on that one ;-)

Don't be a tease. Do you know something the rest of us don't?

I think it would be foolish to get rid of Townsend as he is still developing as a player. Next season he will be back up as a winger, and can see how he does when he plays. We are in 4 competitions and will need a squad size to reflect that

I think Townsend's a more natural back up to Bale than Lennon. He can do the whole dribble, cut inside and shoot routine pretty well already.

I think Townsend's a more natural back up to Bale than Lennon. He can do the whole dribble, cut inside and shoot routine pretty well already.

have yet to see him play anywhere other than LW.

i think if we were to start with Chadli and Bale on left and right respectively, both of whom seem to prefer cutting in on their stronger foot, then having more natural wingers as alternate options should work out quite well in terms of being able to mix our approach up - Bale up against a defense who is effectively stopping him from cutting in? - bring on Lennon to go on the outside, same for Chadli/Townsend

i think if we were to start with Chadli and Bale on left and right respectively, both of whom seem to prefer cutting in on their stronger foot, then having more natural wingers as alternate options should work out quite well in terms of being able to mix our approach up - Bale up against a defense who is effectively stopping him from cutting in? - bring on Lennon to go on the outside, same for Chadli/Townsend

I guess you didn't watch QPR last season then?

He played on the right quite a lot last season.

Back