• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: the media are desparate for AVB to fail

Of course they have, as soon as we sacked " rent a quote" it was obvious that Spurs, Levy and AVB would be slaughtered, and it has happened. And the worst thing of all is fans who are supposed to be supporters are doing the same thing after 3 games, talk about stupidity.

Re: AVB The Facts

Was always going to be that way.

No - people can get over it - just cant fathom why the sacking. Werent you one of them that was also stating how Harry couldnt decide what players to buy and how Levy will back the new Manager etc? He has his own Manager yet hasnt backed him properly. I dont care if he spent 50m or 100m he didnt back AVB properly. So im actualy blaming Levy for a great deal of this.

I assume you go to the games just like me.

The last two games - i have gone to the games not excited, bored to death, dull, barely getting off my seat. Last season it was exciting, it was fun, I used to barely sit down.

Thats the difference. No one is judging AVB I certainly am not I just hate dull and boring and dont bother saying ohhh this isnt supporting because its give and take. I give over 2k a season what with the ST and merchandising and spending etc so some fun entertainment wouldnt go amiss. i guess I dont mind a transitional season but at least some damn entertainment to keep us motivated.

Im gonna give it time and generally im not a moaner and will certainly not boo teams off, but if we dont want people to boo and moan, there has to be an avenue for people to release their frustrations and that is on such boards as these.

No - people can get over it - just cant fathom why the sacking. Werent you one of them that was also stating how Harry couldnt decide what players to buy and how Levy will back the new Manager etc? He has his own Manager yet hasnt backed him properly. I dont care if he spent 50m or 100m he didnt back AVB properly. So im actualy blaming Levy for a great deal of this.

I assume you go to the games just like me.

The last two games - i have gone to the games not excited, bored to death, dull, barely getting off my seat. Last season it was exciting, it was fun, I used to barely sit down.

Thats the difference. No one is judging AVB I certainly am not I just hate dull and boring and dont bother saying ohhh this isnt supporting because its give and take. I give over 2k a season what with the ST and merchandising and spending etc so some fun entertainment wouldnt go amiss. i guess I dont mind a transitional season but at least some damn entertainment to keep us motivated.

Im gonna give it time and generally im not a moaner and will certainly not boo teams off, but if we dont want people to boo and moan, there has to be an avenue for people to release their frustrations and that is on such boards as these.

Some people can get over it but there seems there are a few who refuse to let it go, yes i go home and away and yes i wanted Redknapp out last season. However i support the team and the players that wear the shirt no matter what, i have heard supporters already asking for AVB to go and most of them are/were Redknapp fans. I have seen all three games this season and the only one when we were poor was yesterday, we deserved to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine and even the Saudi Sportswashing Machine supporters i was drinking with said the best team lost. We should have buried WBA in the first half but we failed to do so, yesterday we deserved nothing i agree, but the hysterical shouts and booing at both the game and on here is just kneejerk.

Some people can get over it but there seems there are a few who refuse to let it go, yes i go home and away and yes i wanted Redknapp out last season. However i support the team and the players that wear the shirt no matter what, i have heard supporters already asking for AVB to go and most of them are/were Redknapp fans. I have seen all three games this season and the only one when we were poor was yesterday, we deserved to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine and even the Saudi Sportswashing Machine supporters i was drinking with said the best team lost? We should have buried WBA in the first half but we failed to do so, yeaterday we deserved nothing i agree, but the hysterical shouts and booing at both the game and on here is just kneejerk.

I think we are actually going to be better away than at home because our tactics will be more suited. Saudi Sportswashing Machine we were good especially first half.

I dont think we have to be as defensive at home though. Two DMs against WBA and Norwich? sorry but thats criminal and at home and then to revert to type after the goal is unjustifiable in my view. Like I say I think the issue isnt so much the results its the performances - I dont think we played well against WBA but thats me.

I am hoping AVB has learnt lessons though from those three games.

I agree the booing is silly and uncalled for and damn right embarrassing.

I would like to see this team for now..

Friedel

Walker Vert Caulker BAE

Huddlestone Dembele

Dempsey Sig Bale

ADE

Given the personal, if we are going to succeed, Huddlestone has to play as you can see from the short time he was on the field yesterday that he at least is passing the ball forward and has the technical ability to do it consistently and with confidence.. Lennon annoyed me yesterday, he was taking to long to make decisions and a few times he could have whipped the ball in earlier.

Maybe as an alternative to the line up above,, Bring in Sandro and push Dembele forward and SIG sits..

I think we are actually going to be better away than at home because our tactics will be more suited. Saudi Sportswashing Machine we were good especially first half.

I dont think we have to be as defensive at home though. Two DMs against WBA and Norwich? sorry but thats criminal and at home and then to revert to type after the goal is unjustifiable in my view. Like I say I think the issue isnt so much the results its the performances - I dont think we played well against WBA but thats me.

I am hoping AVB has learnt lessons though from those three games.

I agree the booing is silly and uncalled for and damn right embarrassing.

I agree about using two DM's, i said on here many times last season that playing Sandro and Parker was a mistake and i hope that when all our players are fit we will no longer do so.

I am as concerned as every other fan with the results so far but i am willing to give AVB the time he needs to organise the new players into his system. I really believe he will.

I would like to see this team for now..

Friedel

Walker Vert Caulker BAE

Huddlestone Dembele

Dempsey Sig Bale

ADE

Given the personal, if we are going to succeed, Huddlestone has to play as you can see from the short time he was on the field yesterday that he at least is passing the ball forward and has the technical ability to do it consistently and with confidence.. Lennon annoyed me yesterday, he was taking to long to make decisions and a few times he could have whipped the ball in earlier.

Maybe as an alternative to the line up above,, Bring in Sandro and push Dembele forward and SIG sits..

I would take Sig out and fudge him out of our team and squad - biggest waste of space. Send him on a place packing somewhere. I have never disliked one of our players even the brick ones but I just simply do not rate the guy. Simple.

I would put Dempsey in his place and put Lennon along side him in the three behind Ade.

Or more likely and my preference Parker with Hudd

Lennon, Dembele, Bale

Ade

Would like to see next game

------------------Lloris------------------

--Walker---Dawson---Vert------Benny

------------Parker----Dembele---------

--Lennon--------Dempsey-------Bale

------------------Adebayor-------------

subs: Freidel, Naughton, Caulker, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Defoe

Think that the return of Parker will be invaluable given that he'll shield the defence and will a bunch of new guys bedding down we'll need his experience. Sandro would drop out as I dont think him and Parker are a viable pairing.

Of course they have, as soon as we sacked " rent a quote" it was obvious that Spurs, Levy and AVB would be slaughtered, and it has happened. And the worst thing of all is fans who are supposed to be supporters are doing the same thing after 3 games, talk about stupidity.

Spot on, the media are loving our slow start. I'm confident things will improve, we have lots of new players, a new manager and a new way of playing. Think a few people on here will be eating their words by Christmas.

Maybe everyone needs to remember we support Tottenham Hotspur, not the manager, past or present, and unless Danial Levy starts taking advice from knee-jerks, Villas Boas will be here for a while.

Last edited:

avba.jpg

Bollox to the media and bollox to all of those "right now" types who want immediate success. If that is want you want, go and "support" a team who need to advertise their season tickets in a free evening news paper, or go to the Etihad, where empty seats abound.

Bollox to the media and bollox to all of those "right now" types who want immediate success. If that is want you want, go and "support" a team who need to advertise their season tickets in a free evening news paper, or go to the Etihad, where empty seats abound.

thats fine but it wont change anything

thats fine but it wont change anything

So we are down to the "change" word are we!? In the nicest possible way, who gives a flying fig!?

Having witnessed "Transfer Deadline Day" for myself, it brought something sharply into focus for me, namely that the media manufacture stories and feed off our constant desire for "information and gossip". Some of our “so called” fans then perpetuate this situation by openly damning and criticising the club, the managers and the players on forum sites like this and by hiding behind their anonymity at WHL by booing the team.

As a 48 year old, who has supported the club through thick and thin all of my life, I preserve the right to hold on to my own independent thought, which is why I do not buy newspapers, I do not subscribe to Sky and take everything I read with a pinch of salt.

I remember with bitter irony that night a few years ago when we got thrashed by the other North London team in the Carling Cup. The real fans, i.e. those with independent thought and a real passion stayed and openly supported the club. The others, headed for the exits and an early train home, which is where they can stay as far as I am concerned.

I don't think so. The media love drama and if it isn't there will create it. The media love Liverpool and yet the coverage Rodgers has been getting is very similar to AVB.

Agreed. Both are young managers with very strong ideas and are apparently very willful people. They don't necessarily play the media game yet, and both are big stories due to the nature of their appointments versus their predecessor's records/relative successes. Both of us are irresistible stories for the media.

This is the beginning of something bad. Last season we lost to Arsenal, then Man United, then Everton, and I didn't think that would turn into a disaster.

To be fair I see where you are coming from with that! Emirates or Balotelli, either of those things you could have looked at as a turning point. And we looked so safe, would never have seen the wheels come off in a million years.

But you gotta believe :) things are gonna be different! Last season there was a certain tiredness about the squad, run out of ideas. This time it's all new and it's going to be about players trying to prove themselves and learn how to play this way. Yes you can point to Chelsea's fiasco but they are a different club, their old guard were much more awkward than ours and already AVB has used a lot more finesse in assembling his squad.

I really hope that he makes it work and builds a legacy, but I also think there is plenty of glory left in this season yet.

Give him time :)

agree..and some sadly regurgitate these media arguments.....it becomes propoganda
...the truth is then distorted.

Indeed, it's a sad indictment of both our times and sections of our support. And every team's support I suppose.

Would like to see next game

------------------Lloris------------------

--Walker---Dawson---Vert------Benny

------------Parker----Dembele---------

--Lennon--------Dempsey-------Bale

------------------Adebayor-------------

subs: Freidel, Naughton, Caulker, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Defoe

Think that the return of Parker will be invaluable given that he'll shield the defence and will a bunch of new guys bedding down we'll need his experience. Sandro would drop out as I dont think him and Parker are a viable pairing.

This looks good to me too. Really doubt it will happen though, for some reason.

Back