• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: the media are desparate for AVB to fail

Of course they are. What concerns me is that a sizeable percentage of our 'fans' seem eager for the same outcome. That's far more of a problem to me.

agree..and some sadly regurgitate these media arguments.....it becomes propoganda
...the truth is then distorted.

dont agree ..since the yanks came in they are no longer darlings....agree the media like drama but the harry scaking internal issue with acceptane levvy may have had reason to coverage which is suggesting its suicidal/nonsnesical but with superfirical analysis.....its the same as saying AVvB failed at chelsea without understanding how fuct over he was by scumbag players preservving their careers ...........which then simplifies the debate and heaps pressure on AVB

Fans of most clubs, but Spurs fans more than most, have this complex about the media have it in for their club. It's because the only stories they focus on, are for their club. The media love Spurs, because Spurs always have some drama going on. Whether it's throwing away a large lead, firing a popular and/or successful manager, a player wanting to move etc. they will always print a lot of stories about Spurs because we have a very large amount of casual fans who read the stories.

And what do you expect them to print anyway? If we'd started brilliantly they'd be creaming over us. If we started badly they'd be slaughtering us. It happens to EVERY single team.

Fans of most clubs, but Spurs fans more than most, have this complex about the media have it in for their club. It's because the only stories they focus on, are for their club. The media love Spurs, because Spurs always have some drama going on. Whether it's throwing away a large lead, firing a popular and/or successful manager, a player wanting to move etc. they will always print a lot of stories about Spurs because we have a very large amount of casual fans who read the stories.

And what do you expect them to print anyway? If we'd started brilliantly they'd be creaming over us. If we started badly they'd be slaughtering us. It happens to EVERY single team.

I disagree that spurs fans have it more then most. Just that it is what you perceive because you are here, on a spurs forum. If you spent your life on 'X' team's forum, you'd have the view that the media are against 'X' team.

Re: AVB The Facts

This. Patience, patience, dear fellow yids. I know its hard and painful and noone is enjoying it at the moment. But lets wait a bit shall we before jumping to judgement.

SAF would have been sacked by MU if he were to be judged on his early results. Now look what he has achieved.

I'll remind you of this when we finish tenth. AVB is a clown, Redknapp needed replacing but not with this guy, bad bad decision by Levy

not true everton Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc have it nothing like us...agreewe hahevmore dramas than most though....however this AVB business has nasty undertones.

not true everton Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc have it nothing like us...agreewe hahevmore dramas than most though....however this AVB business has nasty undertones.

Firstly do you read Northern papers? Secondly, that isn't true. Saudi Sportswashing Machine get a lot of press, even down here in the South. Souness, Ashley, Roeder etc. Things are going well for Pardew so they are full of praise. A few bad results and the backpages will be about Pardew being under pressure etc.

Firstly do you read Northern papers? Secondly, that isn't true. Saudi Sportswashing Machine get a lot of press, even down here in the South. Souness, Ashley, Roeder etc. Things are going well for Pardew so they are full of praise. A few bad results and the backpages will be about Pardew being under pressure etc.
i am not talking about provinsional northern rags I am talking about the nationals..and all media...if you dont see it fair enough but AVB is not going to get the time he needs because him and more importantly levy is seen as a bit of a clown...and that means they want us to fall flat on our faces.

i am not talking about provinsional northern rags I am talking about the nationals..and all media...if you dont see it fair enough but AVB is not going to get the time he needs because him and more importantly levy is seen as a bit of a clown...and that means they want us to fall flat on our faces.

I am also talking about nationals. Saudi Sportswashing Machine got slaughtered a few years ago.

Levy has many friends in the media too, and we get a LOT of positive news stories. It's just people only focus on what they want to perceive.

Look, I can see why we sold Modric, but we can't blame our entire downfall on this. Just because we lost our best player doesn't mean it's not the manager's fault. He should have been well-replaced, but unfortunately we got slightly screwed over by Porto.

Tittle tattle.
The big picture for us spurs fan is we've got a big name coach in, refreshed the playing staff , have new training facilities and a new stadium in the pipeline.
So we've started slow, but the foundations are in place for a lot of progress to be made over the coming seasons.
Meanwhile we get at least two cracks every year at each of our local rivals. I need TP for my bunghole.

Look, I can see why we sold Modric, but we can't blame our entire downfall on this. Just because we lost our best player doesn't mean it's not the manager's fault. He should have been well-replaced, but unfortunately we got slightly screwed over by Porto.

And there folks, is the entire overreaction in a nutshell. Not meaning to single you out fella, but it's far, far to early to be thinking of this as any kind of disaster.

And there folks, is the entire overreaction in a nutshell. Not meaning to single you out fella, but it's far, far to early to be thinking of this as any kind of disaster.

This is the beginning of something bad. Last season we lost to Arsenal, then Man United, then Everton, and I didn't think that would turn into a disaster.

You can't make a judgement yet, we haven't had a training session yet with the current squad!

Jesus Christ Levy has decided to change almost everything at the club and we'll need time to get into a groove.

We lost some MAJOR players and brought in some very good players, give them a chance to work on it please.

Did you moaners make your assessment after 3 games, or 30 minutes up at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, or maybe you just didn't like AVB's face from the start?

You can't make a judgement yet, we haven't had a training session yet with the current squad!

Jesus Christ Levy has decided to change almost everything at the club and we'll need time to get into a groove.

We lost some MAJOR players and brought in some very good players, give them a chance to work on it please.

Did you moaners make your assessment after 3 games, or 30 minutes up at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, or maybe you just didn't like AVB's face from the start?

The problem with crazy talk is that it doesn't realise it's crazy.

People have the right to be concerned, surely? I find the fact that people were so hateful towards Redknapp last year more absurd than people being concerned about a poor start under a new manager, simply because Redknapp had surely built up a significant amount of credit due to past success at the club.

I said before the start of the season that as long as we aren't in a relegation battle and try and play attractive attacking football (especially at home) then AVB has my backing for a couple of years. The problem is we've just drawn two games at home against two teams who will possibly be involved in the end of season relegation battle and worse than that we're playing dour negative football. So I freely admit that I am concerned, but hope that my concerns are unfounded. I've also said that away from home these results would be good ones, so all we need to do now is ensure on the return legs we beat them at their place and it won't harm us at the end of the season!!

You sound like one of the 'in Arsen we trust' lot down the road. In a couple of years we'll have a great side... Football moves a lot quicker than that. Focus on what we have not what we'd like to have.

I am not i can assure you, but even that is better then the knee jerkers who are judging a manager on three games.

You might be on to something there, combined with the fact that many aren't able to get over Redknapp's sacking.

Back