• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB The Facts

This. Patience, patience, dear fellow yids. I know its hard and painful and noone is enjoying it at the moment. But lets wait a bit shall we before jumping to judgement.

SAF would have been sacked by MU if he were to be judged on his early results. Now look what he has achieved.

Just how many years and how many players later are we expected to be patient for?

I fear Bale will be next out of the door. Although making him look a poor player might prevent that.

Just how many years and how many players later are we expected to be patient for?

I fear Bale will be next out of the door. Although making him look a poor player might prevent that.

As many as it takes.

New manager, different tactics/style,new players. You need time to allow the club time to develop their new ethos, if we aren't prepared to give the manager time then we are no better than Chelsea....

AVB said at first he expected us to challenge on all 4 fronts. He has also said a top 4 finish is a must. We can't afford this to be a transitional season. I was quite pleased with his appointment and I'll back him but honest first impressions? Clown. Ramos all over again.

Good. He'll win us a trophy, beat Arsenal 5-1 along the way and restore hope to a club that didn't have that much after the sacking of a fan favorite. Or am I wrong?

Where does this sense of self entitlement come from? What happened last season that has convinced people that we DESERVE to be in the Champions League and winning trophies? Last season we were 13 points clear of Arsenal in 3rd place. Could you imagine any of Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, City or Saudi Sportswashing Machine just giving that lead up in the way that King Harry's charges did? This run of form is not anything new. AVB has come in to a team that was floundering before he took over.

Yes, for sure we could have got our business in the window done earlier, but when have we ever done that? Like it or not this is a season of transition as we have a new manager and have lost key players, therefore we have to let the new manager sort out the team and get them playing the way he wants them to. This takes time. Spurs fans calling for his head isn't exactly going to help things as he's already under enough pressure from a baying media who want him to fail. I mean, for gods sake we're all meant to be supporters of this football club, that includes the manager. People laugh at Spurs fans for being fickle, knee-jerkers. It's obvious why. Grow up and support the club.

the media are desparate for AVB to fail

this is a big big problem for us.
we can debate harry and AVB as fans but others just wont see the nuiances or any rationale because they wont explore the detail...........its gonna get messy if AVB is not very careful..a fast start was crucial.........evveryone is gonna start putting their oar in...Jonny vaughan was at it last night on 606...

He inherited a team that got 5 points from 8 games at the back of the season.

Since then we have sold our best player an another one of our best.

All the other teams have strengthened. We bought 3 players in the last 3 days leaving no time to bed them in for the starting line up.

We got 1 more point in this figure than we did last season despite having a weakened starting line up.

And finally, shut the fck up with the sack avb nonsense already. We are going to talk ourselves into a relegation battle.

My problem is I just didn't see what was wrong with what we had last season. Yes, we finished the season diabolically, but that was all because of the Redknapp-England saga. We still finished 4th which proved we had a team with the management that could finish us in the top 4. If something isn't broken, don't fix it.

My problem is I just didn't see what was wrong with what we had last season. Yes, we finished the season diabolically, but that was all because of the Redknapp-England saga. We still finished 4th which proved we had a team with the management that could finish us in the top 4. If something isn't broken, don't fix it.

Three of the key players wanted to leave.

Well not exactly wanted to in King's case.

Re: the media are desparate for AVB to fail

Yep they loved Harry and also almost all love Chelsea who like Emirates Marketing Project have done everything the right way...

Three of the key players wanted to leave.

Well not exactly wanted to in King's case.

The thing is we never had to sell, as we proved last season. If Modric refuses to play, then he sits in the reserves. Never sign a contract if you don't want to keep to it. In my opinion we could have really kept VDV, though he'd rather play for Hamburg so he can live with his wife.

The thing is we never had to sell, as we proved last season. If Modric refuses to play, then he sits in the reserves. Never sign a contract if you don't want to keep to it. In my opinion we could have really kept VDV, though he'd rather play for Hamburg so he can live with his wife.

VDV was sold because AVB didn't want him. No other reason IMO.

Yes, because that would put our team in a better position how?

this is obvious..

Did it really need a thread?

i thought so. its a BIG problem for AVB and puts us under alot of pressure. arguably its a reason for us to stick together...i heard there was blue on blue in the paxton yesterday...this is very worrying

Or at least change it organically over a longer period of time. I think there were a few reasons as to why our results turned poor (I still maintain throughout most of that period we weren't actually playing poorly) but for me the biggest was Lennon being out. This isn't to say that Lennon was pivotal, more that we lacked an adequate replacement which meant we ended up moving other players out of position which destroyed our fluidity. Lennon comes back? 10pts from the last 12. As you say, there was very little wrong with the squad when AVB showed up.

The only player AVB was forced to lose was Modric. All other changes are of his own devising and therefore he has to live and die by them.

Yes, because that would put our team in a better position how?

If Modric is sitting in the reserves, then he loses his value and becomes unwanted by other top clubs etc. and in the end Modric will want to play.

If Modric is sitting in the reserves, then he loses his value and becomes unwanted by other top clubs etc. and in the end Modric will want to play.

Yes, tinkling off a player is going to make them more likely to want to play for us..

Erm.. what?

this is a big big problem for us.
we can debate harry and AVB as fans but others just wont see the nuiances or any rationale because they wont explore the detail...........its gonna get messy if AVB is not very careful..a fast start was crucial.........evveryone is gonna start putting their oar in...Jonny vaughan was at it last night on 606...

I don't think so. The media love drama and if it isn't there will create it. The media love Liverpool and yet the coverage Rodgers has been getting is very similar to AVB.

Of course they are. What concerns me is that a sizeable percentage of our 'fans' seem eager for the same outcome. That's far more of a problem to me.

I don't think so. The media love drama and if it isn't there will create it. The media love Liverpool and yet the coverage Rodgers has been getting is very similar to AVB.

dont agree ..since the yanks came in they are no longer darlings....agree the media like drama but the harry scaking has goe from an internal issue with acceptane levvy may have had reason to coverage which is suggesting its suicidal/nonsnesical but with superfirical analysis.....its the same as saying AVvB failed at chelsea without understanding how fuct over he was by scumbag players preservving their careers ...........which then simplifies the debate and heaps pressure on AVB

Last edited:
Back