• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

But as far as I can tell they haven't been doing this for a single other state? I don't get why Arizona is being treated differently. At the time of first declarations, it was only at 80% vote count and extremely close between Biden and Trump.

I think it's very educated guessing. Everyone wants to be first to call this stuff once they have a degree of certainty. If you look at Arizona, Biden has a 70k lead and the remainder of votes to be counted (12% - 350k) are primarily mail in ballots and come from urban areas. Democrats do better on the mail in ballots and traditionally have had the majority of the vote in Maricopa County/Phoenix that still has to be counted. Trump, I think, needs 55% of the remaining vote to bridge the gap but there's nothing to suggest that he can do it. Quite the opposite - everything seems to be stacked in favour of Biden there now.

Whereas in Pennsylvania, Trump had a massive lead yesterday. Last night, he had 350k of a lead with 1.1m votes to be counted. So, on the face of it, it looked more secure than Biden's lead in Arizona. However, most of those remaining votes were mail in ballots and were to come from places like Philadelphia where Democrats tend to get 70%-80% of the vote. Therefore, no one was willing to call that with any certainty.

If you take a look at CNN, for example, their coverage has been excellent and you get an idea of why these seemingly illogical calls are being made by the networks.

More people voting - that's a positive sign for democracy, at least.

I think that Biden getting a higher share of the vote than Regan did in a landslide adds to his legitimacy too. I saw the day after the election that the Dems have now won the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 elections. It is the electoral college being stacked against the Dems that is making this close.

trust-the-count.jpg

So liberal loving California has voted against proposition 22, basically allowed tech companies to create their own law then spend $200m+ on advertising to promote it. America is a strange place allowing things like this to even get to a vote after the judges and AG told them to comply with the original law.

I think it's very educated guessing. Everyone wants to be first to call this stuff once they have a degree of certainty. If you look at Arizona, Biden has a 70k lead and the remainder of votes to be counted (12% - 350k) are primarily mail in ballots and come from urban areas. Democrats do better on the mail in ballots and traditionally have had the majority of the vote in Maricopa County/Phoenix that still has to be counted. Trump, I think, needs 55% of the remaining vote to bridge the gap but there's nothing to suggest that he can do it. Quite the opposite - everything seems to be stacked in favour of Biden there now.

Whereas in Pennsylvania, Trump had a massive lead yesterday. Last night, he had 350k of a lead with 1.1m votes to be counted. So, on the face of it, it looked more secure than Biden's lead in Arizona. However, most of those remaining votes were mail in ballots and were to come from places like Philadelphia where Democrats tend to get 70%-80% of the vote. Therefore, no one was willing to call that with any certainty.

If you take a look at CNN, for example, their coverage has been excellent and you get an idea of why these seemingly illogical calls are being made by the networks.
Is all that as important than sitting out in the autumn sunshine, have a few beers and stroll back in to see who has definitely won?

Back