• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Watched Michael Moore on news night, must admit he came across as a sneering lefty Cnut much like Bob Geldof and the like. Whereas I found myself agreeing with the more moderate conservative observer. As @Grays_1890 and @scaramanga alluded to, not every Trump supporter is a white supremacist. Not every Trump supporter is a climate change denier, but if the left roll into town threatening to close the coal mine you have been working in all your life or trying to stop you using your vehicle without offering alternatives then of course you’re going to align yourself to the idiot who promises you a simple solution. I’ve liked the noises Biden has already made towards representing all Americans as opposed to Trump who only represented himself. He definitely needs to make sure the left keep the centre ground. Good to see the centre left making a comeback though.

Last edited:
Watched Michael Moore on news night, must admit he came across as a sneering lefty Cnut much like Bob Geldof and the like. Whereas I found myself agreeing with the more moderate conservative observer. As @Grays_1890 and @scaramanga alluded to, not every Trump supporter is a white supremacist. Not every Trump supporter is a climate change denier, but if the left roll into town threatening to close the coal mine you have been working in all your life or trying to stop you using your vehicle without offering alternatives then of course you’re going to align yourself to the idiot who promises you a simple solution. I’ve liked the noises Biden has already made towards representing all Americans as opposed to Trump who only represented himself. He definitely needs to make sure the left keep the centre ground. Good to see the centre left making a comeback though.
Not every Trump supporter is a white supremacist. Not every Trump supporter is a climate change denier.

If a person is one of those and voted I think I could predict with a fairly high level of certainty who they voted for. They've been mobilising topics for Trump, and even though he's been less blatant about courting white supremacist voters than climate change deniers it's been pretty obvious.

Those that aren't white supremacists or climate change deniers and voted for Trump have been enabling, or trying to enable him. The effect of that is pretty obvious.

So:

Trump leading Georgia with 23.000 votes (95 % reported)
Trump leading North Carolina with 77.000 votes (95 % reported)
Trump leading Pennsylvania with 166.000 votes (89 % reported)
Biden leading Arizona with 69.000 votes (86 % reported)
Biden leading Nevada with 7500 votes (86 % reported)

Arizona and Nevada will be enough for Biden, but that's incredibly close.

So:

Trump leading Georgia with 23.000 votes (95 % reported)
Trump leading North Carolina with 77.000 votes (95 % reported)
Trump leading Pennsylvania with 166.000 votes (89 % reported)
Biden leading Arizona with 69.000 votes (86 % reported)
Biden leading Nevada with 7500 votes (86 % reported)

Arizona and Nevada will be enough for Biden, but that's incredibly close.

Biden must be favourite for Nevada, Arizona and Pennsylvania. Georgia is very fine but I think it might go his way too.

Biden must be favourite for Nevada, Arizona and Pennsylvania. Georgia is very fine but I think it might go his way too.

There's worries that the remaining Arizona votes are from GOP leaning counties. Trump has already cut the gap by about 30k.

Georgia is close, but there aren't many votes left. Might not be enough.

Still brickloads left in Pennsylvania as republicans implemented law preventing them from counting anything prior to election day. Now Trump's trying to stop the count there.

There's worries that the remaining Arizona votes are from GOP leaning counties. Trump has already cut the gap by about 30k.

The last I read was that the Trump gains were from a particular batch and the rest of the votes are expected to be more typical and Dem leaning.

The Reps are obviously making a lot of noise about the Arizona gains because they are fighting for their lives to keep Trump in this. Hopefully, it is all over today.

Next update from Georgia is expected in less than five hours. We'll probably know the outcome there by then.
For Arizona we'll have to wait closer to 18 hours until the next scheduled update.

If I've calculated the time difference properly.

If Perdue(R) in Georgia slips below 50% of the vote, that will trigger a run off election in Jan. I'm not sure why this is but that will give the dems one more shot at getting 50 senate seats if it happens. It currently is at 50.03%. Nail biter.

Trump is only 18k ahead in this state too.

Edit: Someone on teletext saying he is bang on 50% now with about 750k ballots left.

Can anyone explain why news agencies since yesterday have already been claiming a win (in either direction) for Arizona, when there are still loads of votes to be counted? But haven't been doing this for any other states as far as I know?

Can anyone explain why news agencies since yesterday have already been claiming a win (in either direction) for Arizona, when there are still loads of votes to be counted? But haven't been doing this for any other states as far as I know?
Premature maybe

Last edited:

It's an expected outcome, probably a combination of using numbers from previous elections to predict and party affiliation of those that have requested mail in ballots.

It's an expected outcome, probably a combination of using numbers from previous elections to predict and party affiliation of those that have requested mail in ballots.

But as far as I can tell they haven't been doing this for a single other state? I don't get why Arizona is being treated differently. At the time of first declarations, it was only at 80% vote count and extremely close between Biden and Trump.

If Trump loses what do you think his end game aim is?

Just get enough people believing that it was rigged to save face and somehow turn his support into a grift of some sort? Disregard for the consequences is pretty much a given.

Or does he want to do more? Will he actually want riots, violence, threats of violence? To what end? What will he try to achieve if he can't swing legal action?

I think he want to see people on the street protesting then he can go off into the sunset believing that people loved Donald Trump

I think he want to see people on the street protesting then he can go off into the sunset believing that people loved Donald Trump

How sweet it'll be if he loses by the largest margin in decades, no one will be able to take that away from him.

Edit: I should rephrase, it seems it won't be the biggest margin in decades. But his opponent will have tallied the greatest amount of the popular vote for a winning president and that'll still hurt him.

Last edited:
Back