• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Barr is a fudging scumbag too.

I've started reading the John Bolton book and these people that are left in these positions are either complete yes men or stupid. Hence why there's been so much turnover during the trump presidency (if you can call it that). Barr looks like one of the few people on earth who would enjoy being balls deep in donald. Fat kinky fcuk.

I've started reading the John Bolton book and these people that are left in these positions are either complete yes men or stupid. Hence why there's been so much turnover during the trump presidency (if you can call it that). Barr looks like one of the few people on earth who would enjoy being balls deep in donald. Fat kinky fcuk.

I have a free download of that arsehole's book. It will be something to read a turd bricking on a turd!

Someone left a noose in the car garage of NASCAR's only black driver... that's where we are now.

Except someone didn't. It was an old rope door handle that had been there for months.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/53159686

Does that mean that's not 'where we are now', or do you just keep your powder dry to trot out that glib statement at the next opportunity?

I think 'where we are now' is in a time of heightened sensitivity and awareness in which there's less room given for explanation and less time for investigation. When it's so easy to give hot-take, be the first to write a splashy headline or dash off a social media post, the more considered thoughtful views often have to take a backseat to the sensationalist shouters who will say barely a word in future if it turns out they jumped to a wrong conclusion, labelled someone incorrectly or fell for some lie.

I revert back to a post weeks back on all this from Scara who insisted its better to wait for facts than go off like a bull in a china shop, that was somehow twisted as accepting racism.

This again proof of let’s all take a breath

This link from the Economist will be interesting to keep an eye on over the coming months. So far so good;

https://projects.economist.com/us-2...-to-forecast-registrants&utm_term=2020-06-23&

View attachment 8830
Does that projection take into account how Moscow Mitch is doing his darnedest to ensure there are as few polling stations available in districts where Republicans might not expect to have the majority?

Except someone didn't. It was an old rope door handle that had been there for months.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/53159686

Does that mean that's not 'where we are now', or do you just keep your powder dry to trot out that glib statement at the next opportunity?

I think 'where we are now' is in a time of heightened sensitivity and awareness in which there's less room given for explanation and less time for investigation. When it's so easy to give hot-take, be the first to write a splashy headline or dash off a social media post, the more considered thoughtful views often have to take a backseat to the sensationalist shouters who will say barely a word in future if it turns out they jumped to a wrong conclusion, labelled someone incorrectly or fell for some lie.

What's most troubling to me is that I strongly suspect the reaction of many of those the most 'outraged' by the 'noose' won't be relief that it didn't actually happen (as it surely ought to be), but disappointment...

I would like to see more coverage of the fact there wasn’t a noose. I agree systematic racism needs exposing but many would have taken and run with this and would have made the tensions worse.

What's most troubling to me is that I strongly suspect the reaction of many of those the most 'outraged' by the 'noose' won't be relief that it didn't actually happen (as it surely ought to be), but disappointment...

This.

I would like to see more coverage of the fact there wasn’t a noose. I agree systematic racism needs exposing but many would have taken and run with this and would have made the tensions worse.

And this.

I thought they ascertained that there was a rope with a loop knot, but that it had been there for ages and was used to pull the shutter down

Back