• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Yeah I could see him resigning if he lost, and Pence giving him a blanket pardon like Ford/Nixon. There will be a legal challenge on this if Pence is implicated in any of the crimes too, which he is.
Most of the discussion around this is whether or not a president can pardon themselves. I believe the outcome will be that they can, but there's a lot of discussion amongst academics either way.

The simple answer will be that Trump pardons Pence, resigns and then Pence pardons Trump.

Most of the discussion around this is whether or not a president can pardon themselves. I believe the outcome will be that they can, but there's a lot of discussion amongst academics either way.

The simple answer will be that Trump pardons Pence, resigns and then Pence pardons Trump.

Self-pardon if challenged won't even pass a very partisan supreme court from the commentary I have read (or one with extra liberal judges on it by then). If they go that way the rule of law is dead in America and with it their democracy. You can't have one without the other. Which is of course exactly what Trump is trying to do, needless to say.

The pardon reacharound thing is not something I have considered, but I'm sure they have.

If that's his exit strategy...well, let's just say I don't have to think too hard to imagine far worse scenarios.
I think that's his backup plan or some variation of it. His orinal plan was to create a full-on mafia state with Ivanka coming is as his VP (and also daughter/wife) next term. But he's sinking badly in the polls so we're heading to pardonsville

Self-pardon if challenged won't even pass a very partisan supreme court from the commentary I have read (or one with extra liberal judges on it by then). If they go that way the rule of law is dead in America and with it their democracy. You can't have one without the other. Which is of course exactly what Trump is trying to do, needless to say.

The pardon reacharound thing is not something I have considered, but I'm sure they have.
You can bet Mitch McConnell's thought of it, strstegised it and recommended it.

I didn't really know about this tragic story until the recent Watchman series. It is the opening scene actually. Must track down this episode of 60min's on the interweb.
I haven’t watched the 60 minutes doc yet but ICYMI see that they found some mass graves in Tulsa back in December which date back from the time of the massacre

Back