• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

makes you wonder why Pullis was in for him if he never intended on playing him, can't see what the point of that would be so it seems more likely to me that he didn't show enough in training to get in the team or he wasn't ready for first XI football having been out for so long with injury

I don't believe the stories, but you can see how they make sense. This coming season we can only really afford to take a couple of unknown quantities along for the ride and unless we loan out Onomah and Winks, I can see Poch letting Pritchard go purely as a means of balancing the squad and getting in some cash.

This season has been a complete write off for him, but ours wasn't, what's changed is where the club now is and where we want to be.

Given how Poch demands such high energy from his forwards it would not amaze me if there's some truth in the rumours. Pritchard is immensely talented but maybe Mauricio questions whether he has the appetite for chasing back a-la Lamela or the staying power of an ever-ready Eriksen.

Just my tuppence-ha'pny-worth.

Given how Poch demands such high energy from his forwards it would not amaze me if there's some truth in the rumours. Pritchard is immensely talented but maybe Mauricio questions whether he has the appetite for chasing back a-la Lamela or the staying power of an ever-ready Eriksen.

Just my tuppence-ha'pny-worth.
It would be worth giving him a run out in preseason at least to see if he is made of the right stuff. Who knows how he'll do. I doubt even Poch does really considering his lack of playing time. If the club are willing to give him a contract last season they'll give him a chance.

Made up rubbish from Sky i think.

Made up rubbish from Sky i think.

He's not particularly sexy material for Sky to start making up rumours about, now is he?

I can hear the editorial meeting now: "We need to drum up interest in the transfer window! Who can we fabricate a story about that will be guaranteed ratings and click-bait?? Vardy? Costa? deBruyne? No, I've got it - Pritchard! Who?"

He's not particularly sexy material for Sky to start making up rumours about, now is he?

I can hear the editorial meeting now: "We need to drum up interest in the transfer window! Who can we fabricate a story about that will be guaranteed ratings and click-bait?? Vardy? Costa? deBruyne? No, I've got it - Pritchard! Who?"
We're clicking it.

They need filler too. Rashford signs new contract and Rashford included in England squad has them covered for a few days.

I recall being equally contemptuous of the tabloids when they first broke reports of Levy's clandestine trips to Spain for Ramos.

It's not always guff.

Yes, but we are a bunch of obsessive odd birds. It still seems hardly the kind of thing that they'd fabricate for the sake of generating "buzz," about an inexperienced and injured fringe player returning from a loan. But what do I know.
Well that's true, but I guess they have to throw the odd curve ball or we might think they're making it all up.

It's strange to think we might let him go when he seemingly fits so much of what we're allegedly looking for in terms of an attacking midfielder (great close control, vision, swift on the turn, etcetera), is a Spurs lad and still has his best years ahead of him...but then again, that whole loan to West Brom was just really weird.

Maybe Pritchard himself is seeing his opportunity with us as being quite limited now and would not be averse to a move? I hope that's not the case and that he will still have a chance with us but having already proven his ability in a competitive league, albeit not the PL, and after a very disappointing season injury-wise and loan-wise (the latter being very odd I agree) I could understand if he feels he needs to move on in order to succeed. From the £8m quoted price tag it doesn't feel like the club want to push him out the door but this does seem an odd story to come out of nowhere. Fingers crossed that he will get a good preseason and this story will come to nothing.

Changed his opinion based on what? He's hardly played.

What he believes the player can offer? Off the field issues? I am not saying its happened, just that its entirely plausible in a calendar year that a manager can change his opinion of a player.

Could even be a confidence thing, a season out to an ankle injury is on the long side. WBA bit might have been another coach giving encouragement.

Just idle speculation.

What he believes the player can offer? Off the field issues? I am not saying its happened, just that its entirely plausible in a calendar year that a manager can change his opinion of a player.

Or the emergence of Alli and Onomah. We've got about 1-2 too many AMs, so Pritchard may just now be the man without a seat

Last edited:
Back