• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

A lost season for Pritchard after his injury for the U/21s in the summer and then this Jan to June loan has not worked out at all. I think he will probably have to go out on loan for 6 months next season with a side that are going to play him before he can come back into the first team squad and be a real option.

Tottenham are prepared to sell Alex Pritchard this summer and are asking for a fee in the region of £8m, according to Sky sources.

It is understood that two Premier League clubs have shown interest in the attacker, while a host of Championship clubs would be keen to sign the 23-year-old.

Pritchard, who signed a four-year contract at White Hart Lane last August, spent the back end of last season on loan at West Brom, having almost joined Burnley on loan in the January transfer window, but he made just three substitute appearances for the Baggies.

Pritchard was told by Spurs last summer that he was to be given the chance to compete for a first-team place, having thrived on a season-long loan at Brentford in 2014-15.

But he was held back by an ankle injury picked up playing for England U21s last summer, and made only one appearance for Spurs last season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10300265/alex-pritchard-looks-set-for-tottenham-exit

Last summer Poch said Pritchard was in his plans so I don't really see what's changed since then for us to now be looking to sell him. He should get a decent chance to prove himself in pre season especially with half the squad missing.

IF Poch wants him out then i would happily take £8m if we can find someone who wants to pay it.

A

Last summer Poch said Pritchard was in his plans so I don't really see what's changed since then for us to now be looking to sell him. He should get a decent chance to prove himself in pre season especially with half the squad missing.

True, nothing ever changes in a year.

Tottenham are prepared to sell Alex Pritchard this summer and are asking for a fee in the region of £8m, according to Sky sources.

It is understood that two Premier League clubs have shown interest in the attacker, while a host of Championship clubs would be keen to sign the 23-year-old.

Pritchard, who signed a four-year contract at White Hart Lane last August, spent the back end of last season on loan at West Brom, having almost joined Burnley on loan in the January transfer window, but he made just three substitute appearances for the Baggies.

Pritchard was told by Spurs last summer that he was to be given the chance to compete for a first-team place, having thrived on a season-long loan at Brentford in 2014-15.

But he was held back by an ankle injury picked up playing for England U21s last summer, and made only one appearance for Spurs last season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10300265/alex-pritchard-looks-set-for-tottenham-exit

It's a big mistake to sell a player of his quality...that we have not even seen...not even
played with the Club...cept ten minutes wasn't it.

If the same had happened to Deli Ali.... we would never have known!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He'd many impressive performances at Championshiplevel, against Alli at League 1.

Unless Poch has someone else in his signing plans, I'd want to see AP in squad at least.

I presume its Levy with his cull of players that are not going to be long term first teamers, if Poch wants x,y or z.....then Levy said a,b,c,d has to go.......like Livermore,huddlestone,dawson and caulker in the past.

Balance the books..... balance the books.....

I suspect this is all bluster made up by "Sky Sources" to flush out some concrete quotes seeing as our transfer business is very much more hush-hush now the 'rent-a-quote' and 'the-best-Spurs-win-ratio-manager-ever' are not around.
Pritchard is an 'easy' rumour making target - provided you forget that Poch himself said that he was very much in his squad plans AND the club gave Pritchard a big contract last summer right before he got injured.
Lots of clicks and counter-clicks to be had - i almost don't blame them tbh

My main worry is the thought that went in to sanctioning the loan move, it never really had a good feel to it and didn't benefit anybody. Tony Pulis was never going to see the point in giving him time. I suppose perhaps moot as he ended up injured again for the last month (I think...). Not every loan move is going to be a success, though I never saw the reasoning behind that one.

Better to have played 15/20 games for a championship club aiming for promotion then 15/20 minutes for a club drifting harmlessly with an established front three.

Obviously the sky article is gonad*s but 8m would be an interesting proposition, I only saw a few games when he was at Brentford but from that I saw there's a possibility we would regret letting him go. With CL rather than EL it'll be a lot harder to him to get minutes for us in the coming season.

They'll need more rest windows for the stars, so having a few auto-replacements for LC & FAC would help.

You can also rotate the bench for PL & CL.

Proving his fitness is the first issue, without which we wouldn't play him, nor get £8m for him. Hopefully he goes on the tour and gets back in with the squad. Our Euro players might have been in QFs (30Jun-3Jul) SFs (6-7Jul) or Final on 10Jul.

If he's fit I'd start him as Deli Alli for much of the warm-up matches .... so far

26 Jul v Juventus (Melbourne)
29 Jul v Atletico Madrid
etc
etc
13 Aug PL opener ?

Didn't Pritchard choose to go to WBA over some Championship clubs that had shown interest?

That was said at the time if I remember ( but not sure how true it was/is) but for me the manager should be in charge of where a loan player goes out to and surely Poch must have seen the obvious, if he had stayed here he would have got more minutes then was given at WBA.

Still its all old history now.

Back