• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alan Pardew

I think they should put up a bounty for the last 3 games of the season for each team which is added to prize money at the end. £2m for 3pts, £500k for 1pt and £0 for 0pts in each game.

I'm sure Fergie would have put out a better lineup, then again, I think that weakened lineup was more about Fryers and a big old two fingers to Levy more than anything.

:) thats good

but you forgot to put "dimension" in there somewhere;)

And 'perspective', 'gratifying', and, as Jurgen pointed out, 'objectives'.

"From a league perspective, we expect Alan and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to uphold the integrity and great sporting dimension of the Premier League by playing to their full potential, which will be gratifying to both us and their fans. Otherwise, you have to ask dimensional questions about the fairness of the transactions on and away from the graminoid-covered performance zone. "

“It’s been an unbelievable season and I think it’s been so, so tight because of the financial rewards at stake this year. I will make sure that we are well prepared for next season and thank GHod we are not in the Europa League again.”

Seems he's trying to get himself sacked tbh.

Just had a look at the Saudi Sportswashing Machine forum and all of them seem disgusted by the comment (most think he shouldn't be allowed to be manager for that game...or any Saudi Sportswashing Machine game tbh). This might actually work in our favour because all the attention will be on Pardew now (that's if we play it right and comment on it early). The europa comment is just as disgusting.

If Pardew is actually stupid enough to rest first team regulars then he's actually risking a points deduction and possible relegation. I would have thought a manager saying he doesn't mind if his team lose 0-4 followed by a weaken team is conclusive evidence and would hold up if we put a case forward to the FA. levy would have a field day.

I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if he's gone before that game.

Problem is none of that would get us into the CL

he doesnt even have to play a weakened team....all he has to do is give the team a good few days off, tell them to have fun, train for a day, and the players will be grossly under prepared for the game

the manager believes the season is over after 37 games. Why would the players now give a toss

That's just the way it falls. We may play Sunderland on Sunday with them already being safe.

I hope the FA do Pardew for saying it, but part of me thinks it just gives our fans another thing to point to and say there's a conspiracy rather than looking at ourselves and saying we weren't good enough.
Of course if we don't qualify we can look at ourselves as we should do but it's not a level playing field when teams get throw away games like this.

It's all well and good saying that's the way it falls but then it's not true to say you deserve to finish where you do after 38 games. Sure the shoe could be on the other foot and we'd probably all chuckle, but it doesn't make it any less even

This is working in our favour big time imo.

Before i was sure they would just roll over but i'm not so sure anymore. These comments are spreading like wildfire on twitter, FB, and skysports and bbc have already reported it too. There's no way he's going to try any funny business now with absolutely everyone looking at him. Not saying Saudi Sportswashing Machine will get something but i'm more confident they will put up a fight now.

Glass half-full and that, I'm hoping for this scenario and hoping they dont have Marton Fulop in goal.....

What exactly did people think would happen, that he'd put out the under 18s? What would be the benefit of that for him?

He'll put out a normal team and the players will probably play a normal game. It won't be as good unfortunately as if they'd needed a win to stay up but that is the nature of human beings and especially ones who are not winners.

But he wasn't exactly going to say:

You know what lads, go out there and play absolute brick. I want you to lose. And bad.

The players' heads are probably already on holiday mode imo so I'm relying more on Wigan than Saudi Sportswashing Machine anyway.

I think they should put up a bounty for the last 3 games of the season for each team which is added to prize money at the end. £2m for 3pts, £500k for 1pt and £0 for 0pts in each game.

I'm sure Fergie would have put out a better lineup, then again, I think that weakened lineup was more about Fryers and a big old two fingers to Levy more than anything.

Which line-up? Both of the line-ups he put out vs Chelsea and Arsenal were close to his full line ups. He said he'd do some rotating after he won the league and he did.

And Chelsea can beat Man utd at their best and have already done so, quite convincingly this season already. They're in a false position.

And I don't think Ferguson could give two hoots about Fryers. Both Man Utd and imo, us, have far more impressive youngsters in our youth squads.

Really don't see why you lot are crying about it so much. All he's said is what most managers in his position think and probably say inside the club when they've just kept their side up, he's just had the grapefruits to actually say it to the media....

Which line-up? Both of the line-ups he put out vs Chelsea and Arsenal were close to his full line ups. He said he'd do some rotating after he won the league and he did.

And Chelsea can beat Man utd at their best and have already done so, quite convincingly this season already. They're in a false position.

And I don't think Ferguson could give two hoots about Fryers. Both Man Utd and imo, us, have far more impressive youngsters in our youth squads.

You sound angry

Really don't see why you lot are crying about it so much. All he's said is what most managers in his position think and probably say inside the club when they've just kept their side up, he's just had the grapefruits to actually say it to the media....

Most managers don't care if their team lose 0-4 at home as long as it makes the fans happy? what warped fan base will be happy they lost 0-4 ffs.

To all you sensible talking posters stop it. This is the spacegoat I have been waiting for! Lasagna, Chelsea's CL win, now this...

You sound angry

I'm actually quite jovial at the moment. Spurs won well today. Whichever competition we end up in next season, we'll have almost certainly broken our points record for the season. Reading Saudi Sportswashing Machine online, there are some genuinely funny comments on there about Pardew's comments and generally how much they hate him, which I'm finding absolutely hilarious.

Having to learn about strokes is kind of killing my buzz a little though. There's so much information goddammit.

Putting Spurs challenge for 4th aside for second, do you not think such comments bring the integrity of the game here into question? If a manager openly confesses to not trying in against certain opposition that's not far off match fixing in my book.

Grapefruits? I think saying this in public shows a lack of smarts. Whether or not he has his team up for the final game is one thing but to come out with this comment in public tells me he didn't think it through.

They may not field a weakened team but it's hardly motivating the players is it?

They'll think the season is over as far as the manager is concerned.

Unforgivable quotes from a despicable man. I'm livid. He's a c***, the biggest c*** of them all - he's King c***.

Never ever want to see this cretin near our club again. t***.

Missed this from watching Homeland. Are these quotes for real? How self-absorbed, insensitive and downright thick do you have to be to make comments like that? And how blinkered do you have to be to defend that? I'm incredulous and furious. He genuinely believes he has achieved something and has the right to wax lyrical about it. What a despicable, egotistical cur. If he doesn't go it's an absolute smack in the face and a travesty. Also speaks volumes about the true intentions of Ashley et al.

I'm f***ing raging.

He's just such a negative c***, He can't get his team up for any game and this negativity is f***ing us up big style.

He's such a f***ing idiot, hate him more than any other manager we have had now, hoping he is sacked as sick of the excuses every time. You don't hear it from Martinez or Hughton they just get on with it.

Anyone who even tries to defend Pardew after these comments should be banned.

It's enough that this utter c*** is taking the p*ss out of us, but for fellow 'fans' to do it? f*** off.

:lol: From just one and a half pages on the thread. Don't think they'll give him the best reception next weekend!

I'd expect everyone to play there #1 team against Chelsea or Arsenal. Integrity of the league.

I take it your also not against the loan system, whereby some players can play against some teams, but not the owning teams. Akin to Adebayor last season.

Personally I think they should be allowed to play against whoever. At the moment its like saying there is no integrity in the game so they cannot play.

Fergie prefers, Lindegaard against Chelsea and De Gea against Swansea! :-k

Last edited:
Hmm, him and AVB are apparently quite good friends as well. This really isn't good to read.

All I can think is that he wants to take the pressure off his players. He said it himself in the same interview. They played like they had a noose around their necks because they 'needed' something. Maybe the best thing to do with a larger foreign squad in a new league for a lot of them is to stop them playing with pressure and to let them express themselves.

It could backfire absolutely enormously for them, but Saudi Sportswashing Machine may also be able to scrape a 2-2 draw or something because their obviously talented players go out there, showcase their skill and play without pressure, while giving their fans a nice send off for the end of the season.

As has been said, the prize money is fairly considerable, and the fans don't want to turn up witnessing a hammering. I'm sure he's just saying this to release the pressure on his players so they get to play. He is friends with AVB and I bet they've chatted over this. I would have maybe liked him to say 'but we still need to put on a show for the fans' or something but even that may be pressure inducing.

Also, the difference between them finishing 10th this year or something like 15th is pretty considerable. After finishing 5th and losing Ba while competing in Europa with injuries too a small squad, tenth isn't a disgrace. It speaks well on his record to an extent. To have dropped 10 places and scraped survival though, that's a bit more dodgy looking.

Really hoping this is a master-stroke by Pardew, and the likes of Ben Arfa and Cisse enjoy the pressure release and give Arsenal a great game. He knows Arsenal are going to be under pressure so he wants his team to play with freedom. Has to be it.

Oh brick. Like some reverse psychology lull Arsenal into a false sense of security type stuff. :-k

I like!

Back