• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alan Pardew

AVB has to make a big deal out of this early so more attention is put on it. Say what you want about Arry but you can bet your ass he would be the first person talking to the tabloids about pardew's "disgraceful comments".

Absolutely this. AVB has to come out early and say something along the lines of 'I expect Pardew and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to uphold the integrity of the Premier League by playing to their full potential, otherwise you have to ask questions.'
The club needs to seize on this as well. A couple of club legends giving radio and talk-show interviews, stating what a disgrace it'd be if Saudi Sportswashing Machine fold next weekend. Perhaps even a player saying it in an interview.

Basically, we need to blow this issue up, and make it crystal clear to Pardew and Saudi Sportswashing Machine's players that anything less than total commitment will be keenly examined by the media and will be brought up by the club, which could quite possibly result in unwanted publicity, fines and perhaps a points deduction, if we're lucky.

This is an opportunity to put expectations of a high performance on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine players and staff. We should use it.

you know I was very much of this thought before the last few seasons. I don't necessarily agree fully now. I mean is it deserved or fair that Chelsea and Arsenal face a United side who are already Champions lacking the same motivation vs us? Is it fair or deserved that Arsenal face QPR when they are already relegated whereas we face them when they have it all to play for.

I'm not one of those who cry about how everything is fair but you have to question the validity of the statement at times like this where clearly the same 38 games we play are not exactly the 'same' 38 games.

Pardew is a **** for outright saying this and KD is right, AVB needs to come out and say something soon and make a big deal of this.

edit* the same point has already made a lot more succinctly in the thread!

That's just the way it falls. We may play Sunderland on Sunday with them already being safe.

I hope the FA do Pardew for saying it, but part of me thinks it just gives our fans another thing to point to and say there's a conspiracy rather than looking at ourselves and saying we weren't good enough.

Ashley is not a Spurs fan - he's a Chelsea fan, though probably not that obsessed about it. From someone I knew a while back who is ITK on this.

This is exactly why I despise Pardew so much as a manager. He is an utter loser. He has a loser's mentality and he loves to blame his players - 'well this squad just isn't good enough, too many starters injured who need to come back quickly' - and he infects the dressing room with his negativity. I am willing to bet Saudi Sportswashing Machine's players hate him and are purposely giving that 10% less effort in the hopes he'll get the sack this summer.

And we played Emirates Marketing Project when the league was pretty much United's.

Pretty much, but not mathematical - they also had to still get a few more results to ensure they maintained 2nd position and didn't slip out of the CL group stages qualifying spots. United and QPR knew that they could either win or lose and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to how their season ended.

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine finish 17th they get 3m prize money.
If Saudi Sportswashing Machine finish 10th they get 8m prize money.

The idea that Ashley will allow Pardew to field a weakened team or not bother is ridiculous.

Good news! :p Making me feel better

The idea that Ashley will allow Pardew to field a weakened team or not bother is ridiculous.

:lol: ok

“It’s been an unbelievable season and I think it’s been so, so tight because of the financial rewards at stake this year. I will make sure that we are well prepared for next season and thank GHod we are not in the Europa League again.”

This guy's a grade A taco.

he's been playing the Redknapp blame everyone else game for quite a while now - injuries, european football, referee's etc etc

Wow. Incredible comment. Surely the FA must look into this in some way.

One thing is thinking that a loss doesn't matter - and frankly, Saudi Sportswashing Machine probably won't give their best anyway - but to come out and say this to the press, is completely out of order.

Hopefully this will mean added pressure on Saudi Sportswashing Machine to actually perform next weekend, knowing that if they play below par, there will be implications.

Absolutely this. AVB has to come out early and say something along the lines of 'I expect Pardew and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to uphold the integrity of the Premier League by playing to their full potential, otherwise you have to ask questions.'
The club needs to seize on this as well. A couple of club legends giving radio and talk-show interviews, stating what a disgrace it'd be if Saudi Sportswashing Machine fold next weekend. Perhaps even a player saying it in an interview.

Basically, we need to blow this issue up, and make it crystal clear to Pardew and Saudi Sportswashing Machine's players that anything less than total commitment will be keenly examined by the media and will be brought up by the club, which could quite possibly result in unwanted publicity, fines and perhaps a points deduction, if we're lucky.

This is an opportunity to put expectations of a high performance on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine players and staff. We should use it.

:) thats good

but you forgot to put "dimension" in there somewhere;)

Wow. Incredible comment. Surely the FA must look into this in some way.

One thing is thinking that a loss doesn't matter - and frankly, Saudi Sportswashing Machine probably won't give their best anyway - but to come out and say this to the press, is completely out of order.

Hopefully this will mean added pressure on Saudi Sportswashing Machine to actually perform next weekend, knowing that if they play below par, there will be implications.

there will be no implications...FA couldnt give a toss

Hmm, him and AVB are apparently quite good friends as well. This really isn't good to read.

All I can think is that he wants to take the pressure off his players. He said it himself in the same interview. They played like they had a noose around their necks because they 'needed' something. Maybe the best thing to do with a larger foreign squad in a new league for a lot of them is to stop them playing with pressure and to let them express themselves.

It could backfire absolutely enormously for them, but Saudi Sportswashing Machine may also be able to scrape a 2-2 draw or something because their obviously talented players go out there, showcase their skill and play without pressure, while giving their fans a nice send off for the end of the season.

As has been said, the prize money is fairly considerable, and the fans don't want to turn up witnessing a hammering. I'm sure he's just saying this to release the pressure on his players so they get to play. He is friends with AVB and I bet they've chatted over this. I would have maybe liked him to say 'but we still need to put on a show for the fans' or something but even that may be pressure inducing.

Also, the difference between them finishing 10th this year or something like 15th is pretty considerable. After finishing 5th and losing Ba while competing in Europa with injuries too a small squad, tenth isn't a disgrace. It speaks well on his record to an extent. To have dropped 10 places and scraped survival though, that's a bit more dodgy looking.

Really hoping this is a master-stroke by Pardew, and the likes of Ben Arfa and Cisse enjoy the pressure release and give Arsenal a great game. He knows Arsenal are going to be under pressure so he wants his team to play with freedom. Has to be it.

“It’s been an unbelievable season and I think it’s been so, so tight because of the financial rewards at stake this year. I will make sure that we are well prepared for next season and thank GHod we are not in the Europa League again.”

Seems he's trying to get himself sacked tbh.

Just had a look at the Saudi Sportswashing Machine forum and all of them seem disgusted by the comment (most think he shouldn't be allowed to be manager for that game...or any Saudi Sportswashing Machine game tbh). This might actually work in our favour because all the attention will be on Pardew now (that's if we play it right and comment on it early). The europa comment is just as disgusting.

If Pardew is actually stupid enough to rest first team regulars then he's actually risking a points deduction and possible relegation. I would have thought a manager saying he doesn't mind if his team lose 0-4 followed by a weaken team is conclusive evidence and would hold up if we put a case forward to the FA. levy would have a field day.

I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if he's gone before that game.

And how much of that do Pardew and the players get? I would guess approximately zero.

If the players walk into the dressing room on the final day and the manager's attitude is that the season is already over, even if he puts out a full strength team, the players will bring that attitude onto the pitch.

Most managers in the bottom half wouldn't want to be in any cups if you look at some of the things they say and the teams they put. It's all about grinding out bore draws in the league.

he doesnt even have to play a weakened team....all he has to do is give the team a good few days off, tell them to have fun, train for a day, and the players will be grossly under prepared for the game

the manager believes the season is over after 37 games. Why would the players now give a toss

Looking on the bright side, at least Pardew has been stupid enough to say this out in the open. If he said the usual, "we've got a duty to the league" but in reality didnt give a fudge then it would have been worse. Now he's said this he will be under scrutiny has hin integrity will be questioned if they dont perform.

like i said, fcuk Saudi Sportswashing Machine, its all about Wigan now.

he doesnt even have to play a weakened team....all he has to do is give the team a good few days off, tell them to have fun, train for a day, and the players will be grossly under prepared for the game

the manager believes the season is over after 37 games. Why would the players now give a toss

This is working in our favour big time imo.

Before i was sure they would just roll over but i'm not so sure anymore. These comments are spreading like wildfire on twitter, FB, and skysports and bbc have already reported it too. There's no way he's going to try any funny business now with absolutely everyone looking at him. Not saying Saudi Sportswashing Machine will get something but i'm more confident they will put up a fight now.

This should work out in our favour if the story is doing the rounds... Is it on Sky yet? He will have to play his best team now.

As Naughton16 said, better he said it, rather than actually hiding it.

Back