• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor or Defoe?

If I had to lose one from the squad it would be Ade - Defoe is the more special player, but that does not mean he should play everytime. It should be a mixture of one or the other or both.

Would rather have Berbatov than Ade.

If I had to lose one from the squad it would be Ade - Defoe is the more special player, but that does not mean he should play everytime. It should be a mixture of one or the other or both.

Really? Adebayor showed last year how quality he was 17 goals and 11 assists. An immense contribution.

Surely we can all see that 433 or 451 or what ever formation that leaves one striker up front just ain't producing. Spurs need two up front, one to play off the other, so we get the best out of both.

Other option is that we rotate Lennon / Defoe if we do play 443 - with Ade the target man. Again, this leaves them both able to play.

For me the team must now need to look like:

-------------------Lloris-----------------------

Walker-----Gallas------Caulker--------vertogen

---Lennon ---- Hudd-----Sandro-----Bale---

-------------Defoe------------------------

--------------------Ade-------------------

Or if we play alternative formation:

-------------------Lloris-----------------------

Walker-----Gallas------Caulker--------vertogen

-------------------Sandro--------------------

----------Hudd---------------Bale------------

--Lennon----------------------------Defoe----

-------------------Ade------------------------

That is a different debate, but I don't want to make any judgement based on this one game, apart from Adebayor being the one that has to start. We don't look half as disjointed going forward with him out there.

He was mustard in the first half. He tired like Hudd and Lennon (injured?) 2nd half. He has played less than 120 minutes all season.

Edit: For Spurs

i'd do the opposite and keep ade.
but agree that extracting best value out of both will be ideal as they are very different.

Back