• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor or Defoe?

Not true at all.

Prefer Ade's all around game and involvement but it's a no brainer who'd get the nod on Sunday

Think we might have our wires crossed here mate. I was replying in a little jest to the Falcao and RVP comparison! As in they are worth their transfer fees in terms of goals and playing regularly. Unless of course you knew that 8-[

Defoe got the goals, but if we put Dempsey (or Sig) in there instead of one of them, which team would be best? Picking strikers simply on goals scored is about as useful as rating keepers solely on their mistakes.

fudgein play both... I'm not entirely sure what the debate is about...

Ade instead of the two invisible men... You can still play 4231 because with both those jokers it becomes a 4221.

Play Ade and Defoe - what the fudgein fudge gRrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maribor were able to move through our midfield far too easily but did little with it. City would be expected to do more. So we can't play both.

Someone said in the match thread, play Ade because he has something to prove against City. I dislike the idea that players are playing within their capacity and can be motivated to play better or harder, but this could be a case where it works. Horses for courses.

Maribor were able to move through our midfield far too easily but did little with it. City would be expected to do more. So we can't play both.

Someone said in the match thread, play Ade because he has something to prove against City. I dislike the idea that players are playing within their capacity and can be motivated to play better or harder, but this could be a case where it works. Horses for courses.

What do Siggy or Dempsey offer that Ade can't or won't? Apart from acting invisible.

That's the question I want answered to be able to fathom the reasoning behind not startin with both strikers albet Ade as in the hole forward

I wouldn't play both against City or Arsenal, but in the league games following that it would be worth a shout, especially at home.

Actually a difficult choice between the two of them, before the game last night knowing that Ade was fit I would have gone with him, but Defoe scoring 3 makes it really difficult to drop him.

Will certainly be interesting to see what AVB does :)

I wouldn't play both against City or Arsenal, but in the league games following that it would be worth a shout, especially at home.

Actually a difficult choice between the two of them, before the game last night knowing that Ade was fit I would have gone with him, but Defoe scoring 3 makes it really difficult to drop him.

Will certainly be interesting to see what AVB does :)

Why can't we play Ade in the hole in place of Dempsey who offers absolutely nothing.

Both for me, thay have started 9 games together and we have won 8 of them and they have scored 13 goals between them in those 9 games. It does not mean it will be a rigid 4-4-2 as Ade can play in the hole behind Defoe.

Why can't we play Ade in the hole in place of Dempsey who offers absolutely nothing.

I just don't think Ade or Defoe offer enough defensively for a game like this. Maybe if we had Crouch :)

Also I think one of the key aspects to this game will be Bale and Lennon, I think we can really hurt City on the break, I would rather have Dempsey (or Sig) tracking back centrally leaving Bale and/or Lennon with a bit more freedom to be ready to spring the counter attacks than having Bale and Lennon being pushed deep to defend because our midfield is being overrun.

We struggled in a 4-4-2 in several games last season because of the lack of protection from the front men, this is one of the toughest games of the season, just because Defoe and Ade worked against Maribor I don't quite see why we should use it here. We've been quite good away from home this season in our 4-2-3-1, that is more relevant than how we did at home against a Slovenian team in the EL imo.

Defoe got the goals, but if we put Dempsey (or Sig) in there instead of one of them, which team would be best? Picking strikers simply on goals scored is about as useful as rating keepers solely on their mistakes.

Well we went with Dempsey

Well we went with Dempsey

That is a different debate, but I don't want to make any judgement based on this one game, apart from Adebayor being the one that has to start. We don't look half as disjointed going forward with him out there.

Back