• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor or Defoe?

Sig was on for ten mins - I doubt we can judge him by those ten mins against ten beaten men.

Also with Ade he tends to move from the area goes to the wings etc which means we still wouldnt have that goalscorer in the middle and if we are relying on either dempsey or Sig then its demps for me.

In terms of balance, for me it needs to be both Dempsey and Sig - Sig as the furthest forward of the midfield trio, and Dempsey as an inside forward.

Bale----Ade---Dempsey

-------Sig
--Dembele--Sandro

Kind of thing.

I wouldn't drop Lennon for Dempsey on current form, but would be looking to switch to that kind of setup at some point.

Only thing that frustrated me about Ade when he came on Sunday is that he spent most the time wandering around deep or out wide leaving us with no-one in the box at all

In terms of balance, for me it needs to be both Dempsey and Sig - Sig as the furthest forward of the midfield trio, and Dempsey as an inside forward.

Bale----Ade---Dempsey

-------Sig
--Dembele--Sandro

Kind of thing.

I wouldn't drop Lennon for Dempsey on current form, but would be looking to switch to that kind of setup at some point.

Oh wow - you think both? I certainly dont. Dempsey is a better finisher than Lennon but Lennon or someone else who has pace, trickery and takes on players is imperative I think.

Oh wow - you think both? I certainly dont. Dempsey is a better finisher than Lennon but Lennon or someone else who has pace, trickery and takes on players is imperative I think.

Demspey scored 17 in 37 in the league last season (23 in 46 in all comps) playing wide in an average Fulham side. Lennon averages 3 a season. We need some more goals in our side, and really it's Bale and Lennon who don't pull their weight.

Personally I think 2 wingers is a bit limiting, especially when we never get that many in the box. I prefer the balance of one winger and one inside forward - someone more direct who drives in, rather than towards the touchline.

Demspey scored 17 in 37 in the league last season (23 in 46 in all comps) playing wide in an average Fulham side. Lennon averages 3 a season. We need some more goals in our side, and really it's Bale and Lennon who don't pull their weight.

Personally I think 2 wingers is a bit limiting, especially when we never get that many in the box. I prefer the balance of one winger and one inside forward - someone more direct who drives in, rather than towards the touchline.

I hope this is going to be worked on as well. I'm getting tired of watching Lennon or Bale streak to the bye-line and put a fantastic cross in while the rest of them are still jogging over the halfway line.

I hope this is going to be worked on as well. I'm getting tired of watching Lennon or Bale streak to the bye-line and put a fantastic cross in while the rest of them are still jogging over the halfway line.

I think Bale and Lennon are too quick for the others to get forward hence they end up cutting back to delay the cross etc which means the opportunity is missed. We play on the counter a fair bit which means that Defoe and Dempsey are generally too deep in our half or in the middle third to catch up.

Watched MOTD and Chelsea were getting 5 or 6 into the box during attacks
We are only beginning to get our game together.

Only thing that frustrated me about Ade when he came on Sunday is that he spent most the time wandering around deep or out wide leaving us with no-one in the box at all

Actually think he was instructed to help keep possession in Villa's half, therefore nullifying any chance of them scoring and making a nervous last 10 minutes.

To the original argument, and despite AS's point, in your premier competition, you play your best players, hence I see Ade/Vert/Lloris all playing the cast majority of PL games, and JD/Friedel/others playing the cup games.

I have decided that we need both and for Adebayor to play a deep role, in the same way that Dempsey is meant to be playing. We need Defoe for goals and we need Adebayor for link up play.

Ferrari or Fiat 500?

Defoe's one role now, assuming Ade stays fit, is as occasional impact sub for the last 20 minutes of away games.

I don't think Fiat 500 is a fair comparison for the only player we have that is scoring this season.

You're bias against Defoe is well known but if Ade is a Ferrari then what are Falcao or RvP?

Back