• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor or Defoe?

onlyme

Banned
Just watched MOTD2..saw lots of shots from JD just missing the target..on another day he could have had a hat trick..also saw Ade holding the ball up and bringing others into the game and just being pleasant on the eye.
If both are 100% fit who starts?

At the moment, seeing Dempsey and Sigg struggling to make an impression, I'd say try Ade behind Defoe, he spent a lot of his time in those sorts of positions today anyway.

At the moment, seeing Dempsey and Sigg struggling to make an impression, I'd say try Ade behind Defoe, he spent a lot of his time in those sorts of positions today anyway.
4-4-2 ain't gonna happen no more IMO. It has to be one or the other.

I think a team should always play its best players, so for me I'd go with Adebayor & Defoe to start games like Villa today.

In other circumstances, it might be better to start with just one striker but I'm far from convinced that Adebayor is a significantly better option than Defoe.

Adebayor is different level,
just see how easy it was for him against Villa.
Makes others better as well.

Adebayor is a better striker than Defoe, he has a greater all round game, and so for me, he must start.

Football is not baseball. Ade or Defoe?

Err, both please Bob. That's my answer. Dempsey was invisible today and is struggling to settle, Siggy was a little lively when he came on, but at the moment you will get the most change from Ade and Depfe playing together imo.

Other than that, Ade has had no preseason and was struggling for fitness before he got his injury, I'm not even sure he can play a full 90 at the moment.

Adebayor.

Although,at home,both. Especially against the "weaker" sides.

Lennon Dembele Sandro Bale
Defoe Ade

Goals.

Would be immense if Defoe settle for the super sub role,
after all he is the player with most goals coming off the bench in all Premier League history.

I think we can play both, with Ade dropping in behind Defoe .

Defoe can be frustrating and I'm sure his glory boy shooting is having an adverse effect on our attacks. It's getting silly now at the number of times, Defoe is ignoring those around him.

Back