• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

I know what people say about his stand up crosses but there's loads of examples in here where he drives crosses across the box with power:

He had us on toast at Molineaux, admitedly with no end product.
That's him in a nutshell.

The kind of player fans love watching, because he tears the opposition apart, but does nothing to further the team's cause.

Maybe (hopefully if we actually are after him) he's just had a complete lack of decent coaching in his career and a good manager can teach him how to use his head when he plays.

The kind of player fans love watching, because he tears the opposition apart, but does nothing to further the team's cause.

Maybe (hopefully if we actually are after him) he's just had a complete lack of decent coaching in his career and a good manager can teach him how to use his head when he plays.

Have a look at that video I posted. I know anyone can look good on a highlights clip but it demonstrates that he doesnt always hang up crosses

If he's available for £20m, and we can get say £5m for D'oh-erty, then it makes sense to me. Traore is £15m better so its a pair of deals worth doing

This type of distraction could be wonky enough to throw the opponents off. Depends on the overall game play. Who know with Son, Kane and Moura around him, Traore could get more space and be more effective. Worth a try imo as our attack is so limp at the moment, at least we are getting efficient penetration.... Better than no penetration at all

Is it possible Conte thinks he can refine Traore's game and get more end product from him? There's certainly a lot of raw material there to work with. He is only 25 years old with at least five more seasons in which to develop. And it's not like he has to improve that dramatically. He's basically 80-90% of the way there.

Is it possible Conte thinks he can refine Traore's game and get more end product from him? There's certainly a lot of raw material there to work with. He is only 25 years old with at least five more seasons in which to develop. And it's not like he has to improve that dramatically. He's basically 80-90% of the way there.

In 5 more seasons he would have lost his blistering pace and subsequently 80-90% less of the player he is today.

See Michael Owen for how a career based on pace can go off a cliff at 28.

I'm on the fence with this one but after yesterday (and this season) I will say a couple of things.

Our cupboard is practically bare outside of Kane, Son and Moura in terms of X Factor (I'm excluding Tanguy now). We had a Bergwijn cameo against West Ham in the QF which I thought might ignite him but I don't think we've seen him since.

I notice his delivery/crossing is the subject of much scrutiny. Let me be clear, he will be joining a team with (collectively this season) some of the poorest deliveries into a box you will likely see at this level. I know it doesn't always help when you only have one man to aim at but just look at some of that dross yesterday - some players cant get the ball aerial and actually scuff their strike like a park player. Even Winks goal was overhit and would have just been caught by most prem GKs.

He simply cannot be any worse imo.

I'm on the fence with this one but after yesterday (and this season) I will say a couple of things.

Our cupboard is practically bare outside of Kane, Son and Moura in terms of X Factor (I'm excluding Tanguy now). We had a Bergwijn cameo against West Ham in the QF which I thought might ignite him but I don't think we've seen him since.

I notice his delivery/crossing is the subject of much scrutiny. Let me be clear, he will be joining a team with (collectively this season) some of the poorest deliveries into a box you will likely see at this level. I know it doesn't always help when you only have one man to aim at but just look at some of that dross yesterday - some players cant get the ball aerial and actually scuff their strike like a park player. Even Winks goal was overhit and would have just been caught by most prem GKs.

Agreed !!

It is quite a new skill for almost our entire squad. We've not really played crosses since the Anderton, Ginola, Sinton and Fox days 20 years ago. It's going to take a while to practice on.

I'd take that bet on your last sentence though!

In 5 more seasons he would have lost his blistering pace and subsequently 80-90% less of the player he is today.

Not necessarily, not all players lose their pace at 30, Kyle Walker is no slouch, nor are Salah and Mane who both turn 30 next birthday, and their are loads of other examples.

I think we'll only bid a lowish amount. As an impact sub with the potential to offer more. Conte and Paratici clearly think his skill set is tantalising, but also know his limits too. As a punt he's worth it. We just need Wolves to line up another signing say and get desperate.

We're probably also working on a striker which would take precedent if we can in any way make it happy - which is dubious.

Not necessarily, not all players lose their pace at 30, Kyle Walker is no slouch, nor are Salah and Mane who both turn 30 next birthday, and their are loads of other examples.

Well you are talking about proper football players ... not head down speed merchants.

Back