• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

Do not be worried about me mate, over the 60 years of supporting our team i have seen lots of brick players signed, he will be just another to add to that list.:)

Okay he's never going to be a master technician. But he might pull a few tricks and help win us some points. Touch wood!

Okay he's never going to be a master technician. But he might pull a few tricks and help win us some points. Touch wood!

I'm torn on the guy. He looks like he could be incredible and then delivers nothing.

I remember Wolves beating us 3-1 at Wembley 3 years ago. We were 1 up and Traore looked their best player. Nuno hooked him at 1-0 and I thought "Thank GHod, he's their best player. I don't understand why he's hooking him but we're safe now". They then continued to batter us and scored 3 goals.

If I have to get off the fence here, I'd say don't sign him. But if we do, I'd be a bit intrigued because I could see it turning into a success almost as much as I could see him being gloriously unproductive.

I'm torn on the guy. He looks like he could be incredible and then delivers nothing.

I just defer to Conte. For once we have a top top manager and supposedly a decent DoF

Obviously we all have opinions on who we like and who we dont like, and what positions we think should be prioritised, but having competence at the top means that I view our window out of interest, rather than who I really really want us to sign.

I just hope that we make a couple signings in Jan because we have so little depth that additions in any position will improve us, and also to show some progress. I also fear the stories/reports about Conte/Levy rifts if we sign no-one

Given Utd's mess, 4th is there for the taking a couple signings could make the difference between CL or EL football next year, and therefore who we sign in the summer

So why do teams with good forwards spend a fortune on players to create chances for them?

Why don't we just skip theidfield altogether and have Lloris lump the ball up to them for 90 minutes if low quality chances work?

Under Conte's system, more than most others, creativity comes from wingbacks as opposed to a creative central player.
NOt to say he couldn't use one. But it's not the sole focus.

If they want him and he comes in great.

Still can't see it though. Don't get me wrong, think he's on the list. Just think it's a long list and he's not top of it.

Under Conte's system, more than most others, creativity comes from wingbacks as opposed to a creative central player.
NOt to say he couldn't use one. But it's not the sole focus.
Not my preference but fine, he knows how to make that work.

So let's try something radical and buy a wingback that creates high xG chances and leave the ones who like spazzing the ball out of play to the likes of Watford.

Not my preference but fine, he knows how to make that work.

So let's try something radical and buy a wingback that creates high xG chances and leave the ones who like spazzing the ball out of play to the likes of Watford.

Totally fair.
But as it seems Conte was after Traore back when he was at Chelsea, it seems that there's some reason behind the long-term interest from both him and Paratici.

I'd like to see Lamptey but he'll surely cost around double Traore's fee.
I hear someone is keen on Jesus Corona, maybe that'd be a compromise solution

Totally fair.
But as it seems Conte was after Traore back when he was at Chelsea, it seems that there's some reason behind the long-term interest from both him and Paratici.

I'd like to see Lamptey but he'll surely cost around double Traore's fee.
I hear someone is keen on Jesus Corona, maybe that'd be a compromise solution
An extra £20M in today's market is nothing.

I'd rather go for Lamptey and pay double than have a player stink up the place because he was cheap.

But if he's cheap,(ish), doesn't stink the place up, and does a fairly good job..?
It would be a miracle.

It's not as if he's got low assist numbers because his strikers are brick, he has an xGA of 0.1 per 90. So, over a longer period, he'll assist once every 10 matches (assuming he plays the whole 90 each time).

Even if our strikers destroy xG and score at an unheard of rate over the long term, we're looking at an assist every 5 or 6 matches.

What you are getting is a player with a unique attribute. Is there a player who can dribble as well in the game right now? Bold statement, but who would you say is better at carrying the ball than Traote? On the break especially, he would give us an x factor that we miss. Getting Traore to score goals and assist is another thing of course. Getting him to slow down and focus on outcomes of his runs, plus him learning Conte's systems, will be the making or breaking of him.

It would be a miracle.

It's not as if he's got low assist numbers because his strikers are brick, he has an xGA of 0.1 per 90. So, over a longer period, he'll assist once every 10 matches (assuming he plays the whole 90 each time).

Even if our strikers destroy xG and score at an unheard of rate over the long term, we're looking at an assist every 5 or 6 matches.

I believe in miracles.

I’m astonished that we are linked with this guy again. He’s a one trick pony. End product is woeful. His short passing is poor as well. Thought this was a Nuno thing hence linked in summer.

I’d seriously be disappointed if this is the best option we can come up with .He would be a way down the list of players I’d want to see us purchase from Wolves.

The one good thing about Traore is that he attracts defenders to him which gives other players space. He’s not creative. He is direct. If opponents have him to defend against, instead of Emerson Royal, then that’s going to occupy them more and give more opportunity to our other attacking players. I think he could thrive for us against lower end teams.

I have argued the good for him as we all know the negative side of low productivity in attacking numbers.

if Conte wants him, I say yes. Let’s see him at the club as I trust Conte and we have to just see where he can take us. If we don’t trust one of the very best managers of recent times then who can we trust?

It would be a miracle.

That's across his whole career though. Not sure that gives the best picture of his current abilities.

Understat doesn't give the option of averaging out over the last 4 seasons and I just cannot be bothered to do maths right now. But somewhere around xG of 0.2 over those four years?

Miracle, maybe. I mean we've just seen what ekte difference between Nuno and Conte can be for some players. Not quite miraculous, but significant for sure.

That's across his whole career though. Not sure that gives the best picture of his current abilities.

Understat doesn't give the option of averaging out over the last 4 seasons and I just cannot be bothered to do maths right now. But somewhere around xG of 0.2 over those four years?

Miracle, maybe. I mean we've just seen what ekte difference between Nuno and Conte can be for some players. Not quite miraculous, but significant for sure.
The xGA figure I quoted is this season.

There's a drop down on the left hand side where you can multi-select seasons.

Last edited:
I'm quite happy we are linked with, mainly because we have to be "linked" with someone and this just smells of the club quietly getting on with our business and the press not having a sniff.

Back