• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

Yes he does run fast, but I for one am ready to bet money that if he does join us that he will be a better success that the very skilful and talented Tanguy Ndebele

Yes he does run fast, but I for one am ready to bet money that if he does join us that he will be a better success that the very skilful and talented Tanguy Ndebele

Not saying much, my dead nan could do more of a job than Ndombele

See Michael Owen for how a career based on pace can go off a cliff at 28.
Michael Owen had a lot more than just pace.... Also there is no reason for a player's pace to drop off of a cliff at 28. Michael Owen's career changed due to persistent hamstring injuries (that do have a direct impact on sprinting)... One of the reasons that I don't want us to get Lamptey is because he already seems to have hamstring problems and that doesn't bode well in a young player.

Which players who rely on excessive speed are particularly susceptible too.

Also one moderate knee injury, and you are become non-league quality - there's no ability to fall back on.
Sorry but I don't think that makes sense.... Why does your likelihood of getting hamstring injuries increase/decrease if you are a fast or a slow runner?

I'm on the fence with this one but after yesterday (and this season) I will say a couple of things.

Our cupboard is practically bare outside of Kane, Son and Moura in terms of X Factor (I'm excluding Tanguy now). We had a Bergwijn cameo against West Ham in the QF which I thought might ignite him but I don't think we've seen him since.

I notice his delivery/crossing is the subject of much scrutiny. Let me be clear, he will be joining a team with (collectively this season) some of the poorest deliveries into a box you will likely see at this level. I know it doesn't always help when you only have one man to aim at but just look at some of that dross yesterday - some players cant get the ball aerial and actually scuff their strike like a park player. Even Winks goal was overhit and would have just been caught by most prem GKs.

He simply cannot be any worse imo.
He can and likely will be more of the same though.

If he signs, everyone will want him to do well of course.
And if it means we can shift Doherty, that is a huge bonus.

We have all seen him look excellent and strike fear into opponents, but then we've all seen him have zero end product. So we will always be awaiting end product.

We have all seen him look excellent and strike fear into opponents, but then we've all seen him have zero end product. So we will always be awaiting end product.

I expect Ajax wouldn't mind him being a failure so he can keep copy & pasting his screeds about a cheap skate owner who fails to get the right players in.

That's true - he certainly won't be any worse than Doherty.

I think he'll create a lot of space for Kane and Moura. An opposition will know they need to have someone covering behind their left wing/full back which either drags a DM or LCB out of position. Feels like that has to create more space for others if someone else in that area has to shift their position by 10-15 yards

I think he'll create a lot of space for Kane and Moura. An opposition will know they need to have someone covering behind their left wing/full back which either drags a DM or LCB out of position. Feels like that has to create more space for others if someone else in that area has to shift their position by 10-15 yards

Or don't, because everyone realises he's a bit emperor's new clothes. Just back off him and let him do his broken rudder ship dance, and mark the effective players instead.

I know wing backs are important for Conte's system but I refuse to believe that he wants Traore just for sheer speed.

Traore is two footed and has excellent close control. Having him as a straight replacement will not improve us much if nothing else changes in the centre.

I think about how Conte has relied on and deployed Moura down the centre to greater effect. Could Traore do a better job there to unsettle defences? A muscular version of Moura?

Last edited:
I know wing backs are important for Conte's system but I refuse to believe that he wants Traore just for sheer speed.

Look at how he's deployed Moura down the centre. Could Traore do a better job there to unsettle defences?
Traore is like Moura without skill but more pace

Sorry I took a long time to re edit my post but agree with your observation re the similarity between Moura and Traore
Traore is just that much faster than everyone it allows him to make space
He is also two footed which you mentioned above
But his end product is sorely lacking and his in game decision making is poor
He is still so raw it will take a gamble or a hell of a coach for him to make better use of his raw talents
Conte is the kind of manager to do that TBF

Back