• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

Jack Pitt-Brooke has just released an article on The Athletic stating we're considering a fresh approach for him again, Doherty may be part of the deal.

Nothing new but he tends to have a good connection to the club.

EDIT:

I can not imagine any reality where Wolves would take Doherty back. He was sold because the previous manager was happy to get rid of him and he has been utter gash since then, Doherty is dead weight, so not a chance Wolves will take him back.

I can not imagine any reality where Wolves would take Doherty back. He was sold because the previous manager was happy to get rid of him and he has been utter gash since then, Doherty is dead weight, so not a chance Wolves will take him back.

Agreed, never know with Mendes and Wolves though.

At Wolves he was one of the best in his position in the league, hopefully that's the Doherty they think they'll be getting!

At Wolves he was one of the best in his position in the league, hopefully that's the Doherty they think they'll be getting!

And yet the previous manager was happy to get rid of him for £13m, and since then he has been crap. Besides Semedo has been excelling at right wing back, he would struggle to make their bench

I think he does create quite a few chances for Wolves but they don't put them away. Poor assist numbers can also be a sign of inadequate converters.
Just thinking of our game against Wolves where he set up maybe three scoring opportunities that were just missed by his colleagues.
Playing under Conte and with our squad, you've got to expect that the movement and options Traore would be given would be on another level.

If we can get him for ~£20 million now, with maybe Doherty going the other way as part of the deal, it seems much much more palatable than the apparent £40 million move in the summer.
The data in the graph I posted suggest that the chances are not high quality ones.

I understand that most of you are sceptical at best when it comes to signing him but I am definitely at the front of the Adama Traore train, so there I have Said it. laugh at me if you must I do not care :D

I understand that most of you are sceptical at best when it comes to signing him but I am definitely at the front of the Adama Traore train, so there I have Said it. laugh at me if you must I do not care :D
I’m with you. I’ve seen him tear enough defences apart and provide balls to the forwards only for them to miss chances to know his lack of assists dont tell the whole story - I remember him against us at Molineux doing just that. And if he was just a speed merchant I don’t think he would be a full Spain international, you have to have technical ability. We need more speed in our squad, at the very least he will create space for others. If Conte wants him I’m all for it….

If we have Kane and Vlahovic, we won't need really high quality chances to score goals
So why do teams with good forwards spend a fortune on players to create chances for them?

Why don't we just skip theidfield altogether and have Lloris lump the ball up to them for 90 minutes if low quality chances work?

Back