• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

If we do buy him it wouldn't be primarily for the quality of his delivery. Though he does have some quality there that Emerson doesn't.

His main strength is being able to go past players with ease. That brings a very different dimension to the options at currently have.

Is that's enough to warrant signing him, I'm not sure. But I think I can understand some of the thinking behind it if there's substance to the rumours. That's obviously a solid if.
I really hope there no substance to the rumours. [emoji28]

I really don't want him, I can just see how it will go already. I'd support him of course but I feel like there are a lot of more suited options out there.

There's a good player there, not been used properly until recently, hes quick, strong. He needs clear instructions and a defined role. Alderweireld didnt pull up any trees before we signed him, he had a lot of errors in his game.

There's a good player there, not been used properly until recently, hes quick, strong. He needs clear instructions and a defined role. Alderweireld didnt pull up any trees before we signed him, he had a lot of errors in his game.
But we didn’t try to turn Toby from a CB to a CM

So, having seen Traore live down to all the critical comments made about him when linked to us in late summer, the big question now, if we should get him in a loan or transfer, is how much will Wolves pay us?

So, having seen Traore live down to all the critical comments made about him when linked to us in late summer, the big question now, if we should get him in a loan or transfer, is how much will Wolves pay us?

Personally speaking? No.

If the manager wanted him? In Conte I Trust.

But I don't think he does...

I don't think he has the stamina for WB either, on top of lacking the basic ball skills. He's quick, obviously, but he's not really built or conditioned for distance.

I think this is a valid concern.

If there's interest from us I think it will come down to cost mainly. Quite a few of the other names being mentioned seem rather expensive, particularly now in January. If we're looking to bring in 2-3 players that can do a job fairly quickly we'll have to spread the money around a bit.

(Waiting for Jesus Corona to be brought up again)

I think this is a valid concern.

If there's interest from us I think it will come down to cost mainly. Quite a few of the other names being mentioned seem rather expensive, particularly now in January. If we're looking to bring in 2-3 players that can do a job fairly quickly we'll have to spread the money around a bit.

(Waiting for Jesus Corona to be brought up again)
Buy cheap buy twice is a motto we live by. He *might* do a job in the short term but we will want to sell him in the medium to short term and be stuck with his wages. Makes more sense just to get a player who is actually of the quality and suitability required rather then spending on half options that aren't truly good enough in the first place imo.

Buy cheap buy twice is a motto we live by. He *might* do a job in the short term but we will want to sell him in the medium to short term and be stuck with his wages. Makes more sense just to get a player who is actually of the quality and suitability required rather then spending on half options that aren't truly good enough in the first place imo.

We've seen enough cheap successful players and expensive flops to know that it's not necessarily about the price.

I agree that signing someone just because they might do a job short to medium term alone is far from great. However, there are also compromises that will have to be made with limited funds and several problem areas.

I do think there's a potential big upside if Traore could be successfully integrated into our current system. He has extreme qualities in terms of dribbling, speed, ball progression and retaining possession.

Those are really useful attributes. Having them at an extreme level can be really useful.

If that is likely to happen is a different question, I can only assume that if we are in fact interested that is seen as at least fairly likely by Paratici and Conte.

Like Lo Celso, Ndombele, Sanchez, etc…

Fully agree price is no guarantee.
e.g. from the Bale money..
Soldado 26m - flop
Eriksen 11m - one of our best ever signings
My comment was in regards to buy a cheap option to do for now. That never works the Ntwins, Stambouli etc etc.

Eriksen wasn't a cheap option, he was just very reasonably priced.

My comment was in regards to buy a cheap option to do for now. That never works the Ntwins, Stambouli etc etc.

Eriksen wasn't a cheap option, he was just very reasonably priced.
We're in the difficult position of being good enough so that only very good players will break into our first XI, but not being rich enough to be able to buy three £30M players in the hope that one works out.

There's also been something a bit broken when it comes to player scouting / targeting / whatever, with a string of pretty hapless purchases during the Levy/ENIC years. Mid-range purchases have been okay, with plenty of successes given the price, but the flagship signings have been awful. Just look at our record signings since 2000:

2000/01 Rebrov £11M
2007/08 Bent £16.5M
2013/14 Paulinho £17M
2013/14 Soldado £26M
2013/14 Lamela £26M
2016/17 Sissoko £31.5M
2017/18 Sanchez £42M
2018/19 Ndombele £56M

Apart from Lamela (who will always have a "while fit" against any appraisal) and Sissoko (whose utter brainfart lost us the CL final IMHO), that's a pretty poor list. It's Paratici's job not to repeat that lot and, to bring things back on topic, I think spending good money on Adama would be a terrible idea. He might have worked under Mourinho or Nuno, but I think Conte's setting us up for a more advanced game than "pass it to the quick lad and see what happens".

Back