• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd place is not out of sight

Norwich won't do us any favours.

West Brom could go both ways, but I think it goes against us them knowing Hodgson is off.

Really unsure about the Saudi Sportswashing Machine Emirates Marketing Project game. Could easily see a draw, maybe even a toon win.

There's always hope of Norwich or WBA getting the first goal and parking the bus.

Hopefully Arse think they've already beat both of them in their heads and don't mentally prepare properly!

Out of our hands for now, best we can and should do is think about our own game. No good keeping an eye on the boys down the road if we don't play our part!

West Brom could go both ways, but I think it goes against us them knowing Hodgson is off.

Really unsure about the Saudi Sportswashing Machine Emirates Marketing Project game. Could easily see a draw, maybe even a toon win.

No idea about Norwich but I would expect them lot down the road to win at that at home.

I think the Baggies will want to give Hodgeson a send off and I see that as a stumbling block.

The Barcodes have a rough run in and I think they will do well to pick up another point.

I can't see Arsenal losing either game but I do think it's possible that a very organised WBA team can stop Arsenal winning.

It doesn't matter what other teams do now, we have to focus on winning our last two games. If we win our last two games then Arsenal also HAVE to win both to stay above us. A win and a draw for them won't be good enough for 3rd if we beat Villa and Fulham.

I can't see Arsenal losing either game but I do think it's possible that a very organised WBA team can stop Arsenal winning.

It doesn't matter what other teams do now, we have to focus on winning our last two games. If we win our last two games then Arsenal also HAVE to win both to stay above us. A win and a draw for them won't be good enough for 3rd if we beat Villa and Fulham.

Just realised we will actually beat our points total from two seasons ago IF we win both remaining games.

This result has to give us a massive boost going into Villa. I think Petrov's health might just have sapped the life out of Villa unfortunately for them.

Le Arse have injuries to a couple of players who have been very, very important for them recently, most notably Arteta...methinks it's still "game on" for third as I expect Grant Holt to shove that taco Kochelwhatever all over the shop, and isn't it about time Chesney Hawkes dropped a clanger the mouthy git? I have to believe...

Breaks my heart to see all the points we have thrown away over the past 2 months, and in the end, we will probaly miss out on 3rd but just a point or two. It was soooooooo there for the taking.

Over the moon after last night.

A point on Sunday and 3rd is officially still on, no matter what, come the last day

The plus side of Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning last night means a bit more pressure for Arsenal. Drop any points v Norwich or WBA, and they could conceivably finish 5th, if Spurs and Toon win both their games.
Long shot I know but they way things have gone, who knows

Over the moon after last night.

A point on Sunday and 3rd is officially still on, no matter what, come the last day

The plus side of Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning last night means a bit more pressure for Arsenal. Drop any points v Norwich or WBA, and they could conceivably finish 5th, if Spurs and Toon win both their games.
Long shot I know but they way things have gone, who knows

I know what you mean about getting a point on Sun and 3rd being mathematically possible but realistically we need to win on Sun. Shows how good we've been for long spells this year that we can be awful for about 2 months and potentially still nick 3rd

I know what you mean about getting a point on Sun and 3rd being mathematically possible but realistically we need to win on Sun. Shows how good we've been for long spells this year that we can be awful for about 2 months and potentially still nick 3rd

Absolutely.

Just pointing out though, thanks to the 3 goal win last night, that, as long as we dont lose on Sunday, there will still be something riding on the last game, even if Arsenal beat Norwich, providing they dont win by 3 or more. 5-goal swing would be too much too ask for.

Breaks my heart to see all the points we have thrown away over the past 2 months, and in the end, we will probaly miss out on 3rd but just a point or two. It was soooooooo there for the taking.

Thing is, every team can say the same can't they? Even in recent games, Arsenal & Saudi Sportswashing Machine can both point to the Wigan game. Chelsea can point to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, we can point to the Norwich game etc.

Thing is, every team can say the same can't they? Even in recent games, Arsenal & Saudi Sportswashing Machine can both point to the Wigan game. Chelsea can point to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, we can point to the Norwich game etc.

...ahem, not forgetting 'ridiculously dropped' points at ArseAnal & Emirates Marketing Project! We were within a Defoe toenail of victory in one, and most definitely had victory in our grasp at ArseAnal, only to casually tinkle it all away in a mad half-hour... so that's 6 points from 2 games, and we came home with none!
Also taking into account what taking points off them would've meant, even a POINT in either would've made all the difference... ONE FRIKKIN' POINT!!

it's been emotional!

I think Arsenal will absolutely spank Norwich, by all accounts Norwich's performance against Liverpool was pretty bad and it seems like they know deep down they don't need to fight as hard to stay in this division anymore, they know they are safe and that will play into Arsenal's hands. But then again, Lambert is very tactically astute, and maybe against teams that have a distinct system he is good at using his squad to come up with a plan to counter it. So maybe he can come up with a way to counter Arsenal. At the end of the day, Arsenal are massive favourites too.

And against WBA, they could very easily win. But WBA could very easily snatch a draw. I don't think it will neccesarily play against us that Roy is going, because it isn't a long, sustained, drawn out process. It is one game, the final game, and the pressure will be off the players. Again, Arsenal with their quality could easily win. If they finish third, with the run they had and the injuries they had to contend with, they will have deserved it to be fair. If we drop points and Saudi Sportswashing Machine over-take us, we won't have deserved it. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have had a tremendous run, beating Chelsea away is fantastic and you couldn't begrudge them it.

But at the end of the day, we win 2 games that with our squad are definitely winnable and we finish 3rd or 4th. If we don't, we only have ourselves to blame and wouldn't have deserved the CL anyway.

It's just ours have all been dropped in the same 2 month period, take out the Utd home, Arsenal and Chelsea away games where you wouldn't expect too much, there's still been some shocking results for us. To get 2 point out of Everton (a), Stoke (h), Sunderland (a), Norwich (h), QPR (a) is pretty poor, away games were tough, but you'd aim to get a point out of each.

Villa are 2/1 draw/no bet, 10/3 for the straight win.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are 3/1 draw/no bet!!!! 5/1 the win!! Crazy!

Back