• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd place is not out of sight

why not.

In reality, we are better than all 4 teams remaining, regardless of whether we play them home or away.

Just need a bit of bad play from woolwich, which isn't unlikely given their main goal threat looks warn out.

Adebayor could be up for it, and should be well rested after a week off. We are solely focused on the PL.

We are better than woolwich. We are Tottenham.

Is that rhetorical?

No, it would be VERY Spurs to win the next 3, then lose at home to Fulham, allowing Chelsea & Saudi Sportswashing Machine to sail past on the final day...

OR to get 4th, and watch as Chelsea win the CL to deny us anyway...

Or to brick our ringpieces on the pitch on the last day 'cos SOMEONE shat in our lasagne...

apart from the GLITCH of 2010, Spurs very RARELY do fairy-tale endings... what makes you think this season will be any different? 'cos HARRY said we'll get 4th??? :ross:](*,)

I could picture every single one of them scenarios happening! But fudge it, I love Spurs and will support them even if we are deducted 50 points for fielding ineligible players (*cough*NextGen Series*cough*), go into administration and have to spend the next 50 years in the Ryman Premier!

You know when that happened I really thought lady luck/fate/the Gods, call it what you like, would be on our side. I naively thought to myself somebody 'up there' wont stand for that and bad guys will get punished.

Wrong again!

Agree totallly, whats worse is that when I came on here after that game, the google ad on the top of the forum was for a company that sells trophies.....](*,)

you my friend are worse than steff, you are making me sick! get our optimism the fudge out of here, it doesn't belong in these parts..

pavluychenko-roman.n.jpg

"Come to Papa, Chancer, you great big hunk of a man."

If we win our game in hand we're only 3 pts. behind Arsenal, with a -5 GD at worst and 3 games to go. Ignoring our form (lol), that is not as cataclysmic a situation as one might have thought in all the hullabaloo. If you'd been offered that at the start of the season you probably would have taken it.

For the sakes of this argument, let's make two big suppositions: First, we give ourselves the 3pts and 2 goals v. Blackburn. Second, let's assume Chelsea and Newcatle's results are not better than ours over the final 4 games, putting them out of the picture. The final three games for the old firm are then:

THFC:

Bolton v Tottenham

Aston Villa v Tottenham

Tottenham v Fulham

AFC:

Stoke v Arsenal

Arsenal v Norwich

West Brom v Arsenal

At the start of that sequence, we are 3pts behind, and 4 goals behind.

Looking at that, I might just be tempted to say that 4 wins might just give us 3rd place.

Did you hit your head? WTF?

I can't see us winning another match this season so I reckon 6th is more of a possibility

No I did not, but out of that lot none have anything to play for. Say what you like about the red Scum, but they are not chokers.

No I did not, but out of that lot none have anything to play for. Say what you like about the red Scum, but they are not chokers.

At the start of the season they were bottling it big time, but seem to have gotten mentally tougher as the season has progressed. Van Persie carried them for large portions of the season but they certainly have hit a grove since beating us.

In saying that, Arteta and Walcott are crocked. And I saw the old Rosicky that we love showing his ugly puss again rather than the fake Rosicky who has been placing well for the last few months. You never know.

was just looking at noocastle's remaining games. they're in shout of 3rd as well. or so i thought....

in a span of 8 days it looks like:

We beat Blackburn, they draw away to Wigan, not as easy as it appears, with them battling to stay up.
62-63
We beat Bolton, much like the last two times... they lose away to Chelski
65-63*
We're on a role, win away at Villa, their home to Man C, lose, their no longer able to catch us.
68-63

then with a proper rest, they go to play at Everton (imo, 0 pts) we're at home to Fulham (hopefully 3pts).

as for l'arse, well we're just gonna have to get lucky.

*hows it look now?

Back